What's on your menu RNYers? 12-19

Melody P.
on 12/29/19 5:50 am, edited 12/29/19 5:52 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone! I hope all are well and that you have a great Sunday ahead.

I got a little better sleep last night but overdid it yesterday putting up Christmas stuff. The stairs are not my friend it seems. I?ve been hurting pretty badly.

We have my nieces and nephew staying the night tonight and staying all day tomorrow. Should be interesting! LOL. The girls fight ALL THE TIME!

hoping to finish the indoor decorations today and will get the outside stuff done midweek.

QOTD: what is your proudest moment of 2019?

b:PP shake

l:soup

d:PP shake

s:???

Melody P.
on 12/29/19 5:54 am - Amarillo, TX

Oops, forgot to put my answer.

mine has to be a NSV that happened early this month. My oldest niece is able to hug me with her hands touching going all around me. It just totally blew my mind(and hers LOL)

karenp8
on 12/29/19 6:58 am - Brighton, IL

Thanks for starting us out, Melody! Miss Lily and I just got back from our 3.5 mile long walk and will do at least another mile this afternoon too. Accountability was perfect yesterday both food and stepwise and weight is 120.4 today. Planning for another on track day today. My proudest moment of the year is every season when I swap clothes and they ALL still fit. That never ever happened before surgery! I don't get many comments about my weight anymore as I've been this size for 7 years now. Occasionally though someone new will call me tiny and I just shake my head. Usually I have to pull out my one before picture to get them to believe that I used to weigh 278. That still feels good and helps keep me on track. Here's the food plan for the day B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz chicken salad D 4 oz pork tenderloin S if needed L&F yogurt shared with Miss Lily of course! Have a wonderful Sunday and make your best choices! Time for some coffee!

Laura in Texas
on 12/29/19 7:46 am

Happy Sunday!! Today I plan to take down the Christmas decorations so I can get other things done this upcoming week. It's raining right now so the outside stuff may have to wait.

11 years out from RNY

Goal- lose 30 pounds of regain (7 down, 23 to go)

WW is still going well. I had 31 points yesterday (I am allowed 30 each day and get 35 extra weekly points). I did not go for a walk but still managed to get my 10,000 steps in doing things around the house. Sleep is still crap, but hopefully it will get better soon.

QOTD: My proudest moment of 2019 is that I survived it. It was my toughest year ever

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MadisonRose
on 12/29/19 9:10 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Happy Sunday all! Finally was able to log on! Been trying for the past two hours. Lol. Not much planned today. Got my laundry done yesterday so today will just be grocery shopping for the week ahead and then maybe tidy up my house a bit. So I seem to be stuck at 200 pounds....well 200.6 to be exact for the past three days! Ugh can't seem to break the 200 mark. At least I surpassed what my doctor told me I could expect to lose. I honestly didn't think I'd make it that far. I still have about 60 more pounds I'd like to lose though and go from there.

QOTD: Hmmm probably at our Christmas Eve party. There was family there I hadn't seen since before surgery and they were so shocked to see how much less of me there was. Some didn't even recognize me.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: L&F yogurt with banana

D: still working on leftovers in the fridge from Christmas.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Laura in Texas
on 12/29/19 10:52 am

You can do it!! My starting weight was close to yours- 339.

You will have to dig deep and stick to a strict plan to lose it all (I am working on that right now, too). I got down to 140 but am at 163 right now. After the year I had, I have forgiven myself for the gain and am putting myself first again. I feel better mentally and physically at 140 so I am determined to get there again.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MadisonRose
on 12/29/19 11:39 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Thanks! I'm learning that the further out I get the harder it is to lose, but I'm determined to keep working at it! I will admit that I have gotten off track with weighing my food, but I know I need to start back again if I want to be successful.

Thanks for the encouragement and good luck to you as well! I know you'll get back to where you want to be! We both can do this!!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

catwoman7
on 12/29/19 5:07 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Good evening, all!

I'm back from Chicago. Yesterday was great eating- and exercise-wise. Today I got in 12,000 steps and stayed shockingly within my calorie range because I ate like absolute crap (thanks to the Nutella Cafe that we finally got into (the line is usually out the door and down the block) and a stop at IKEA on the way home) (well, not thanks to those places - thanks to ME for insisting we go there!). This is embarrassing, but here goes:

B: Egg McMuffin, coffee with half & half

L: 1/2 a Nutella-filled croissant, 1/4 of a grilled baguette topped with Nutella and chopped hazelnuts, a Nutella espresso (espresso topped with whipped cream and chopped hazelnuts and drizzled with - you guessed it - Nutella!). Then an individual packet of cashews so my blood sugar wouldn't crash (I would have had a protein bar instead, but I didn't have one on me)

AS: 3 pieces of Swedish crispbread (they're like big crackers)

D: 1/2 a Panera Bread turkey, cheddar cheese, and apple sandwich, 1/2 bag of chips

ES: cold brew protein concoction made from cold brew coffee, a pre-made Unjury shake, and a tablespoon of light Cool Whip on top

UGH!! And yes - I'm still feeling like crap after that sugar binge!! Back to it tomorrow!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views