What's on your (Photo Friday) Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 1/3/20 3:29 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Friday! Or as Grim is calling it Friday-Tuesday, since we just went back to work yesterday!

My computer is messed up. It wouldn't connect to the internet all morning despite a million restarts and attempts, so I'm posting quick from my iPad.

Accountability: good, I ended the day at 11 carbs, but I did have an extra handful of Cheese Whisps that added a whopping 100 calories.

QOTD: How long so you think you could last without using the internet for anything? First of all, I cannot imagine how people managed HR for huge companies without it. We do have paper files, but we also use databases that are vital to my work. Not to mention that I don't know how to reach 99% of my friend and family without email or accessing their phone numbers from my phone. Yikes.

My photo Friday is a pic of me and my niece after our hair appointments before Christmas. Love this girl!

I can't post my full MFP menu without my computer but my plan is:

Chaffle

Whisps

Chicken with sugar free bbq sauce

Parmesan Chicken Tenders

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 1/3/20 3:45 am
RNY on 08/21/12

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Emiepie
on 1/3/20 3:54 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Happy Fri-yay! JB- love the pic!! Today is going to be busy with a doctor appointment in the middle of the morning.

Accountability: good

QOTD: WOW, if I was trying I could probably go all day but it wouldn't be easy that's for sure.

TSS: 5 years 4 months

B: SF latte, Eggbeaters, 2 turkey sausage links, and 1/2 an orange

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Chicken melt (low carb tortilla/canned chicken/sprinkle of shredded cheese warmed on the stove)and carbmaster cottage cheese

D: Birch benders pancakes, cauliflower hash browns, eggbeaters, turkey sausage,sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with cream cheese and SF jam, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: An hour stair climber and 40 mins of elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1443 Protein: 150 Carbs: 128 Fat:50

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

1texasmom
on 1/3/20 4:50 am

What's TSS?

RNY: 11/19/07

SW:260

LW: 140 (January 09)

CW: 180

GW: 155-160

Queen JB
on 1/3/20 5:18 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Time Since Surgery

Teenie
on 1/3/20 6:39 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Time Since Surgery

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 1/3/20 4:17 am - Warren, OH

The internet was the second most important invention in history. The printing press in 1440 was the first. For many years, my job was writing business continuity plans. I would go to a company and ask what would happen if you lost your computer system.

Without the internet we would have to go back to things like pencil and paper, typewriters, checkbooks, teletype, fax, snail mail, calculators, adding machines, file cabinets, newspapers, and books.

Since I came from that world, I know it is possible. Lets hope the world never has to go back.

Weigh****chers was very eye-opening yesterday. I ended up going over my 23 points and used some of my weekly points. What is really sad to me is looking at their social group. There are so many hopeful people starting their journey without the benefit of weight loss surgery.

One person posted that she had been to a bariatric clinic and they asked her if she wanted surgery. She told them that she wanted a new way to lose weight with only diet and exercise because she used to eat healthy and be athletic. So they prescribed her pills.

I want to shake those people who have been failing with diet and exercise for years, but are afraid of surgery because they think they will have complications and die. So many lives that could be so much better.

I suggested that they start a Weigh****chers online group for weight loss surgery people who are back at Weigh****chers because of regain. I don't think that will happen, but I am going to be pushing that idea.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 1/3/20 9:12 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I was telling Grim last night that I used to go to meetings every Saturday and see certain people losing 20+ lbs a week, when I was following every rule and barely losing losing .5 a week. Now I know that they were very likely post-ops who were there for the support but omitting some information about how they were doing it. No shame, but it killed me at the time when I didn't understand how other people were so much more wildly successful than me.

White Dove
on 1/3/20 9:51 am - Warren, OH

I remember having the exact same feelings. Then one of those ladies privately confessed to me that she had gotten the lap band. I made friends with a few of the other "super losers" and they told me that their secret weapon was the lap band.

I went to my doctor and asked him to recommend me to a bariatric surgeon. That was in 2007 when the band companies were doing TV advertisements. That surgeon told me he had put in many lap bands, but recommended RNY for me. It was great advice. He also recommended that his patients attend Weigh****chers to learn good eating habits with their weight loss surgery.

Weigh****chers knew what was going on and back in 2007 they were discussing whether to put together a new program for people who had had weight loss surgery. That never happened.

I never attended meetings while I was in malabsorption stage and when I did have regain and went back, I still lost about a pound a week. I did feel guilty about being a post-op at the meetings, so am more comfortable just doing Weigh****chers online.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 1/3/20 2:24 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I knew a couple of people years ago who lost tremendous amounts of weight. Oddly, it never occurred to me that they'd had weight loss surgery until after I'd had it myself. Although WLS was pretty rare back then, so I guess it's not so weird that I didn't suspect that. Now, I would....

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?