Almost one year post-op-Foods I cannot eat now!

sweetpotato1959
on 1/12/20 7:31 am

Tolerances are sooo individual as is the response to WLS. work within your limitations for now, and as you pass the 15 month mark and have lost all you want.. Try each food carefully and slowly. I add a food not previously tolerated along side something i have been...in small amounts. 1/2 oz to 3 oz ratio.. There are Many protein options. Like someone else suggested moisten the meat.. dry meat with dry pouch will not go down well for me... even 20+ yeras beyond WLS.

I have re-occuring gastritis,( multiple issues going on..). rice is the one food i can eat most days, to get any nutrition and absorption material in a cranky gut. I eat it most commonly as a bread with a thin chicken soup.or alone when in distress..during times that i can eat only rice and ice water...IF you eat rice, Be sure to wash and soak it properly to remove as much arsenic as possible.WHite rice is considered not as healthy- because of fiber removal That same process removes much of the arsenic by removing the hull.

There are no foods totally off my menu except ones i do not tolerate...for me that means milk.. 2x a year i have 1-2 oz ice cream w/ 10 lactase enzyme pills., nuts, legumes(most). I poorly tolerate all seafood, can eat a few shrimp.or a few bites of another choice.I do not tolerate steamed veggies either, must be cooked.

Olivia831
on 1/13/20 7:43 am
RNY on 01/21/19

Thank you for your advice! I really appreciate hearing from you. And over 20 years since your surgery! It is so helpful to learn from the experiences of others. I think you are the first person I have "met" that is 20 plus years out. That's awesome!

I absolutely had no clue about washing the white rice and why. Wow!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 309 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 464 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 379 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 309 views