Whats on your Sunday Menu, RNYers?

Julia S.
on 1/14/20 10:56 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

1976- hard to believe it's been that long.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Laura in Texas
on 1/12/20 4:48 am

I'm sure the next 12 days will fly by for you, JB. Remember to take care of yourself!!

The scale finally started moving for me again today (It was going up and down last week). I am now down 8 of the 30 I need to lose!!

11 years out from RNY

Goal: lose 30 pounds (8 down/22 to go)

Today I will stay under my 30 WW points, get in at least 12,000 steps, drink at least 100 oz of water, and go to bed early.

I am getting back on track with all my and my kids healthcare needs. We all recently went to the eyedoctor, I got my labs done and will see my bariatric surgeon this week. I need to make appointments for all 3 of us to get our annual checkups with our PCP, my older daughter needs to see her orthopedic doctor for her yearly scoliosis check, and my younger daughter needs to see her cleft team. I also need a mammogram and colonoscopy. The past 2 years were spent taking care of my mom and neglecting myself. It's been 10 months now since she passed away and now I need to take back my life. Baby steps, but I am doing it.

QOTD: I had great teachers in 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 6th. Middle and high school were hit or miss. This is my 27th year in education. I am considered a "tough" teacher, but I love my kids. I teach what others may call the "unloveables"- kids with low skills and low motivation. It's tough, but I love my job. Technically I can retire now but my kids are young and I love my job. I will ride it out as long as possible.

Happy Sunday, everyone!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Queen JB
on 1/12/20 8:49 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I'm so glad that you are starting to feel in control again And SO awesome that it's showing up on the scale :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Greateight
on 1/12/20 7:24 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I read yesterday, but didn't post. I was kind of walloped from jet lag and the Seven, so I had a pretty restful day. Marilyn made chili and it was snowing out, so aside from coffee and gym runs, I pretty much stayed at home. Today is going to be a pretty similar day. I got this shoe cleaning kit for Christmas, so I need to shine all of my shoes. If I can think of a way to do that in front of the football game without getting shoe polish on the family room furniture, I will do so.

I am pretty sure that I would re-gift the box of candy, but not touching the popcorn is quite an accomplishment. Great job! Try and take care of yourself over these next two weeks.

Well, I'm off to get Marilyn her coffee

QOTD: I think that I had the normal mix. Nothing really stands out one way or another.

Breakfast: Chili

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Tenderloin

Snack: Cheese

Dinner: leftover tenderloin

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

karenp8
on 1/12/20 7:58 am - Brighton, IL

We had about 2 inches of snow last evening but Miss lily the snow loving pup and Karen,her less enthusiastic owner have our 3.6 miles in. We'll do at least another mile later. Last night when we did our last walk the snow was just starting and she had a blast! Pretty sure the people driving by on the highway thought I was crazy. Accountability was fair but I ate 2 handfuls of nuts I did not need. Weight today is 120.4. QOTD I had a great high school science teacher but the others were mediocre at best. First grade was terrible as I was in a very small poor rural school. It was grades 1 through 3 combined in one room with 1 old teacher. Learning to print involved her writing the letters on the board and us practicing. When I moved to a different town for 2nd grade it was discovered that I made almost all my letters incorrectly. They looked the same in the end so she never noticed. Let's just say I hated school for quite a few years after that! Have to get laundry done today and some more cleaning. Here's the food plan for the day B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz or less deli ham D 4 oz pork tenderloin. Need to drink more today--at least 100 oz and stay away from snacks. Have a great day full of healthy choices everyone!

catwoman7
on 1/12/20 8:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Everyone!

well we didn't get as much snow as they predicted, thank God - maybe an inch or two overnight, on top of the inch or two we got Friday night. More snow expected this week, but I don't think anything crazy. I have a busy week coming up and I want to hit the gym most days, so hopefully I'll be able to get out & about without any trouble. I hate winter...

we have a potluck brunch reunion today of the people I went to India with. Looking forward to seeing everyone again - but not the eating. Hopefully there will be a lot of healthy choices there. Fortunately I don't have many "eating events" this week - just a breakfast meeting tomorrow and a luncheon on Saturday. Whew.

QOTD: I have fond memories of my first, third, and fifth grade teachers. I couldn't stand my sixth grade teacher - and I don't think she was crazy about me, either. She was super conservative and religious and had always lived in the same small town - and I was from Cleveland and my father was a professor. I think she was always skeptical of me - that "city slicker" in her class. (ha!) She said some horrible, unsubstantiated things to the class one day while I was out on my safety patrol job - like I didn't respect my parents. I have no idea where she got that - and I was very hurt when it got back to me. I should have told my parents - I can't imagine that would "fly" nowadays (or then, even...). Junior high & high school were a mixed bag - some I loved, some I was indifferent to - but no one nearly as bad as the one I had for sixth grade.

4 years 7 months out:

B: 1/2 a protein shake (so I won't overindulge at the brunch - I hope (!!))

Brunch - I'll focus on safe things - but may have a bite of other things if they look good and are homemade (storebought things are easy to pass by - after all, I can buy them for myself)

AS: other half of the protein shake, raw veggies with hummus or ranch Greek yogurt dip if needed

D: something light. Maybe a salad with diced turkey and light dressing

have a great day, all!

MadisonRose
on 1/12/20 8:05 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Well yesterday my eating didn't go as planned. Had my premier shake and coffee for breakfast, but got so busy yesterday that I didn't eat lunch or a snack. Which was probably a good thing since my parents wanted me to meet them last minute for dinner. We went out for hibachi. I got steak and shrimp with extra veggies and no fried rice. However, since it was restaurant week our meal included an appetizer of our choosing. I got the edamame. But by the time I ate that, plus the soup they bring out and half of my salad, I was only able to eat a few bites of my main meal. Now I have a mountain of leftovers in my fridge that will probably take me a week to finish.

QOTD: I have to say I was lucky to have mostly awesome teachers in school. I can only think of one or two bad ones. I absolutely loved my high school teachers. They were always willing to go the extra mile to help you succeed.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda and sugar free creamer

L: protein bar or L&F yogurt with granola and banana

D: Leftover steak and shrimp

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Queen JB
on 1/12/20 8:54 am
RNY on 07/20/15

The same thing happens to me every single time I eat out. Even if I don't have an appetizer, I usually get too excited and eat too quickly and then have to sit there for an hour with food I can't swallow and then have to explain to the waitress that I wasn't hungry after all... and leftovers are often too dry for me so the whole thing becomes a waste. I still love eating out tho! Go figure!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 773 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 388 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 505 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?