What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?ers?

Queen JB
on 1/15/20 1:48 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Back to start us up quickly today.

Meetings are going really well! I was so panicked about the last one yesterday and we were literally thinking we'd have to stay all night, but as it turned out--we were so prepared that we ended EARLY! Today's meetings are a lighter lift, so I am going to take the train instead of drive!!!!!! It will get me there only 30 minutes before the start, but I think it will be okay today.

Accountability: Excellento. My only indiscretion was to suck on a few ginger candies during the last meeting. I am not sure if it was psychosomatic, but I think it helped my tummy with my nerves. I did go over my usual calorie goal, but sticking to low carb snacks all day helped keep me from the goodies on the table.

QOTD: Any new tips for saving money? Grim just discovered that Amazon Prime has a "family share" feature. We signed up last night, and can now share audiobooks, ebooks, and games & apps. He now has access to my 92 audio books and I got his collection of 143! Yes!

Eats:

• Protein Coffee & Chaffle
  • Almonds and Babybel Cheese
  • Pork Rinds
  • Not sure about dinner again... if I get home early I will have steak tips. If I get home late, I will throw some Real Good poppers in the air fryer, again.
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 1/15/20 3:52 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- so glad the meeting you we're worried about went so well. No surprise to me that you're crushing these meetings and staying on plan!

Accountability: I had some unsweetened coconut flakes on my fruit but other than that-no evening food shoveling going on.

QOTD: I can't think of anything new. I use Ibotta and achievement apps to get points and what-not.

TSS: 5 years 5 months

B: SF latte, Eggbeaters, 2 turkey sausage links, and 1/2 an orange

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Chicken melt and carbmaster cottage cheese. If I have enough time when I'm running grocery errands at lunch I might get a coconut milk latte.

D: Shirataki noodles with Alfredo sauce and grilled chicken, 1/2 toasted garlic lavash, sliced fruit, 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with cream cheese and SF jam, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: An hour stair climber and 40 mins of elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1434 Protein: 158 Carbs: 118 Fat:48

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 1/15/20 4:49 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning! Glad your meetings are going well and to "see" you this morning!

How is it only Wednesday?

qotd - unsubscribing to all the commercial emails helps with impulse control?

Menu today

b - carbmaster yogurt and cheesestick

l- 4 oz everroast deli chicken and 3 pickle slices

d -3 oz hamburger patty and slice cheese

es - L&F greek

all the coffee, with half and half

ex - elliptical or yoga on streaming

have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

supershopper
on 1/15/20 4:57 am

hi all

dh doing better each day which is grea.t will call for a neuro apt today and see what they have to say. thanks for the well wishes. in the meantime, one more day for me working from home to be sure he is good. it is very hard for him to 'take things easy' and he feels guilty. didn't make it to gym aftr work cause I was exhausted.. :(

accountability- 3 tootsie rolls I had not planned on but stayed under calories, scale went up a pound SMH

plans for today:

coffee

water

more coffee

protein shake

last of stir fry with chicken

not sure what else at this point

QOTD: I didn't know about the share but DH doesn't ready online books so that wouldn't help me. my biggest saver probably is hip2save website. I usually go there every day and see what deals apply to me. sometimes it gets me in trouble lol

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Greateight
on 1/15/20 5:35 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I have a Board meeting for a charity in the suburbs this afternoon, so I decided that I am going to work from home today. It will help break up the week as well. I am still in kind of a slow period as clients ramp up their own year end work, so its not a bad day to be out.

Today is the Board meeting where we get our fundraising statements. I know that I am lagging because I accidentally scheduled my trip to Washington State during the gala and did not attend, so I better get moving. We have a golf event in the Spring, so I will have to get a couple of foursomes for that.

QOTD: The biggest thing for us right now is waiting to see which college my son picks. The cost differences between the three are pretty significant. In retrospect, not drinking Opus One on the cruise would have been a money saver.

Breakfast: breakfast bratwurst

Snack:Protein bar

Lunch: Naf naf grill

snack: SF pudding

Dinner: function after the Board meeting

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 1/15/20 6:58 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Vacation and good wine is worth the splurge. You deserved it.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 1/15/20 6:02 am, edited 1/14/20 10:03 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm going to go to a yoga class this morning and then camp out at a coffee shop for the rest of the morning with my laptop and do some of this crap that's been on my To Do list for far too long. We're supposed to get freezing rain today so I may just stick around the house this afternoon and evening. No sense being out on slick roads if I don't have to be...

Accountability was good yesterday. I stayed within my calorie range and did weights last night - plus spent 30 minutes on the stationary bike. Down one pound from last week even though I've had an excellent week (I only record my weight on Wednesdays, even though I weigh every day). I wi**** was more, but I only have 10 lbs to lose - and the last 10 lbs are always a bear to get off.

QOTD: the most recent was getting a pair of backup glasses from eyebuydirect. $30. Love them. Why haven't I been buying from them all along?? Another - the YMCA I've belonged to for the last zillion years recently started a yearly contract with much lower monthly fees than their normal month-to-month payment system (which was really pretty reasonable, compared to some of the other gyms in town). I know there's a risk if you go with a yearly contract with a gym and then only use the place for two or three months, but since I've been a member there for the last...oh...20 years, maybe...I doubt that'll be a problem for ME. So there's another couple hundred bucks I'll save over the course of the year...

4 years 7 months out:

B: plain Greek yogurt with homemade fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: more coffee with half & half. I might get a bagel with cream cheese and eat half of it (I know...I know)

L: salad with diced turkey and light dressing

AS: protein shake

D: chili (??). Or maybe turkey slices on a Flat Out FoldIt with avocado.

ex: yoga. I'm kind of in the mood for water aerobics this morning, but it's at the same time as yoga, and I REALLY need to go to yoga - it's been way too long. I do cardio almost every day, so...

have a great day, everyone!

Edited to add that I ordered a DASH mini-waffle maker last night (to make chaffles) and a bag of Fit Frappe. YAY!! I would have never known about either one had it not been for the menu thread!

Emiepie
on 1/15/20 5:48 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

You'll have fun with chaffles!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 1/15/20 6:45 am, edited 1/14/20 10:46 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

I am so glad things are going smoother than you thought JB always a nice surprise when these things happen.

Well I did make it to the gym yesterday and decided to take a tan after the elliptical to prepare for upcoming Vacation. I hate being winter white when traveling because I do not want to burn when I get there. I make DH tan too since he is a ginger and we need to carry a least a gallon of sunscreen with us to keep him protected. Well ugh the bulbs in the bed were brand new and even though I have tanned 3 times prior in different beds I am now bulb burned. Especially in the armpit and belly regions. Whats worse is I can't complain to any one at work because they will be like oh you got sunburn preparing for your caribbean vacation how horrible.

QOTD: I am very frugal when it comes to everything but I just got nothing right now. I know that bed bath and beyond honers any coupon ever put out so I collect them and use them on everything when I go in. I probably have of 25 in my coupon bag right now.

I am now on a thyroid pill for Hyperactive thyroid it is Tapazole. I've been on it for a week and I have noticed I am hungrier and I am not losing weight like I did prior to taking it. Has anyone else used this drug in the past? What were your experiences with it?

Accountability: I ate lunch yesterday but didn't finish the amount of crockpot pizza I brought and around 3 I felt so hungry so I had a 100 calorie pack of cashews and the rest of my lunch. Then when I got home I snacked on trail mix waiting for my dinner to get done. I hope this is not going to be the norm on this medication.

TSS: 2 years 1 Month 4 days 133.4 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato w/Miralax and Fiber

MS L&F Creme brulee yogurt and Blueberry overnight oats.

L: grilled chicken with roasted red peppers balsamic and gorgonzola, and roasted cauliflower

D: Lemon Chicken

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a one a day multivitamin I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been good. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day.

Exercise: 30 minute elliptical

Everybody have a great day!

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Christina135
on 1/15/20 6:51 am

Good morning everyone, Happy Wednesday!

QOTD - I made a decision that I would embark on a no new buy challenge for 2020. So, anything I need this year (outside of food, toiletries, etc.) I either need to make do with what I have, OR...I am purchasing second hand. We live in a throw away society, and I'm looking for ways to make a small difference in my own life in regards to sustainability, and feeling better about what I use money on/for. I don't know how much I will save, as when there is an excess of money, typically the house decides it needs plumbing work, or something..hahaha!

Breakfast - Fasting until noon, but feeling a little hungry. Black coffee and water until lunch.

Lunch - Pinto bean soup, Gardein "chicken" tenders, veggies

Snack - Fruit smoothie, frozen fruit, chia, oatmilk and water

Dinner - Not sure. I work my second job tonight so I may drive through and pick up a Beyond meat taco from a local restaurant.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! So ready for the weekend!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 367 views