10 yrs post op, just checking in..

Kbisbee1968
on 1/18/20 4:58 am

Haven't been on here in a very long time. Started out 386, RNY 05-15-2009. Still down over 200 lbs. Can eat a normal portion of food, but try not to because I learned I don't need a WHOLE plate of food for sustenance. It's still trying at times, but it can be done.

momyshaver
on 1/18/20 6:07 am
VSG on 06/28/17

It is good to read about long term success. Do you exercise or do you find that your success starts and ends "in the kitchen"?

Kbisbee1968
on 1/18/20 6:15 am

Thanks for replying, I don't drive so I have to walk every where and I know that helps a lot because I would have to work much harder a****ching my calorie intake. I think that my "goal" weight from my surgeon isn't very realistic (125lbs) because I have so much extra skin.

But while I was actively losing, I did P90X every day before work for at least the first two years and I think exercise had a lot to do with my overall weight loss. It would be lovely to think I could be healthy at 125, but I'll take the 170-180 that I stay at now without a lot of work.

hollykim
on 1/18/20 1:20 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 18, 2020 at 2:15 PM Pacific Time, Kbisbee1968 wrote:

Thanks for replying, I don't drive so I have to walk every where and I know that helps a lot because I would have to work much harder a****ching my calorie intake. I think that my "goal" weight from my surgeon isn't very realistic (125lbs) because I have so much extra skin.

But while I was actively losing, I did P90X every day before work for at least the first two years and I think exercise had a lot to do with my overall weight loss. It would be lovely to think I could be healthy at 125, but I'll take the 170-180 that I stay at now without a lot of work.

my plastic surgeon says skin weighs nearly nothing. Excess skin would not likely keep you from reaching your goal weight, if you want to reach it.

catwoman7
on 1/18/20 1:36 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

^^ what she said. Excess skin usually weighs less than five pounds, even if you've lost 200 lbs. If they take off more than that during plastic surgery, it's probably because there was a lot of fat that was liposuctioned out.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 565 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 344 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 27 views
Recent Topics