Should I have RNY??

LisaK/ UnstapledLisa
on 1/21/20 3:54 pm - plymouth, MN

You don't have to answer this publicly, but it may help to ask yourself this privately....

If you have female issues or are on meds for psych reasons, sometimes they can play into weight gain.

Not all rny peeps have malabsorption issues, but enough do where it should be assumed it could be an issue post rny.

I'm not a medical or mental health professional and not trying to play one on the internet.

I am though a former certified personal trainer who found intense exercise to be great when I could do it and got natural endorphin highs working out at an intense level.

I've also had to in my case, not label food good or bad, food isn't my best friend nor is it my worst enemy, it's just food.

I had to do the same thing with my weight, having major weight fluctuations and while it doesn't work for a lot of wls post ops, I had to learn not to judge myself about my weight, as while it's not good to bounce a lot, that's how i've been in the last 11 out of 18 years.

It also helps that I'm okay with hoping to keep some weight off, I don't need to keep it all off. I can fit in a booth, take up one seat on the bus and wear a mix of both plus and misses and am okay with that, I was way bigger 15 months ago, way smaller 4 years ago and at my lowest 15 years ago, but stuff happens and sometimes outside the realm of our control.

In my case and I am not anti-rny, I know a lot of people do well long term post rny, like with all of the surgeries. I do have concerns though as in my case because I did have major complications that when I was put on psych meds at one time which did cause major weight gain in the past, I didn't get though a therapeutic benefit and I was put on what should've been considered a felonious amount of meds at one time, a long time ago.

The fear that I will say, is you don't want to find out, if you have a past mental health history of finding out that you don't get a therapeutic benefit from psych meds, should you need them and I say that to be honest, as I did end up mental health crisis when my complications were at it's worst.

Because I'm honest on here about that, people sometimes discount what I'm saying thinking that I'm anti-wls or anti-rny even though I'm biologically related to one of the most happy healthy long term rny peeps, as I had a sibling who had rny 10 months after mine and all they have to do is exercise intensely to keep their weight off, in the last 8 years and can eat what they want, which is rare for most wls peeps who do have to diet and exercise to maintain.

I am sure you will find what works best for you, it might help though for your peace of mind, to try exercise, especially if you like it, with some minor diet changes and see if that helps before having another revision.

wishing you all the best... peace, Lisa

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 313 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 464 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 379 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?