I had rny 10 years ago. Lost 160 gained 100 back how can I reset to get to losing again. Need...

Amandakc
on 1/20/20 3:51 pm

Had my surgery over 10 years ago. Did great the first year then fell back into bad habits. Lost 160 gained 100 back. Need support need advice on how to reset. Please send over your advice. Thank you.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/20/20 6:32 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Start weighing, measuring, and logging everything you eat-- including nibbles, condiments, and liquid calories. MyFitnessPal is a good site to use, many people here use it with great success. Go back to dense protein first and foremost, avoid starchy carbs and junk food. Maybe 1000 calories, 80+g protein, under 40g carbs?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Amandakc
on 1/20/20 7:12 pm

Thank you!?

momyshaver
on 1/21/20 3:58 am
VSG on 06/28/17

The poster above me summed it up. Start by tracking everything you are eating and drinking to see what you are eating and any patterns that might emerge. Dense proteins will fill your pouch more easily, focus on getting your water in between your meals, take your vitamins, etc. It will come together. Have you had a check up with your bariatric Dr.? You could have labs done and they might order a swallow test to see what your pouch looks like but if you do the things in the post above you will see decent results.

Amandakc
on 1/21/20 11:09 am

Thanks!?

SuMari
on 1/21/20 10:35 am

I second going and seeing your surgeon if possible? The group I attend has patients 10 years out still going to their annual check-up meetings. Hopefully, they can create a new plan for you and weigh your options. The above posters also mentioned food logging/tracking. I third and forth that suggestion! Working on everything now before I am scheduled for the surgeon.

Also, have you considered seeing a therapist? Maybe he/she can help tackle good habits to adopt that help with combating the bad ones that have crept back in?

Amandakc
on 1/21/20 11:10 am

Thanks!?

Laura in Texas
on 1/21/20 12:19 pm

You have gotten great advice. Go see your surgeon and also track every bite.

I have gained some weight, also, but in December I made the decision to do something about it. The first 2 weeks were tough for me as I got past the carb cravings, but now I am in a good routine.

If you slip up (and most of us do) you must get back on track immediately. That is the key!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Amandakc
on 1/21/20 2:12 pm

Thank you

Amandakc
on 1/21/20 2:29 pm

I have zero support. I've never attended a meeting or anything. I took this all on myself. Looking back I wish I would of went that way I could meet people going thru the same as me. I really need help guidance support anything to get me going back on the right track. Please help. I feel like such a failure my mental health is taking a beating for sure.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404