What's on your Wednesday menu RNY people?

Melody P.
on 1/22/20 6:01 am - Amarillo, TX

About to head out to get an epidural injection. A little nervous.

someone also tried to sign in to my bank account this morning. They didn't succeed but that's something I've got to deal with.

not sure what food will look like. I know my blood sugars will be high from the steroids as I always react that way the few times I've had em.

very little sleep.

momyshaver
on 1/22/20 6:34 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I hope the procedure goes well. I am sorry to hear you have to deal with the financial stuff on top of the health stuff on top of poor sleep. That is a rough combination.

Emiepie
on 1/22/20 7:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good luck, I hope you get some relief.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

karenp8
on 1/22/20 8:19 am - Brighton, IL

Praying you get some relief very soon.

Melody P.
on 1/22/20 12:36 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thanks everyone. It went ok, though 5 attempts at an iv were painful. Still having a bit of pain in my leg but hoping it'll still be better.

my blood sugar last time I checked was 232. YIKES! I hate steroids. Also having a few hot like flashes. I'm trying to keep my food as low carb as possible for a few days. Before I had RNY I had a shot and my BSs were in the 400+ department. I hate it...just hate it.

thanks again!

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/23/20 4:38 am

Because of my back and my si joints issues I get injections of steroids a few times a year. My body reacts to steroids in a similar way you do. I just try to survive during one week after injections. And my reaction is not the same every time. Sometimes I have better week, and sometimes I am a mess.

I found that berberin, a natural supplement, helps my body deal with the sugar. I make sure to take 2x500 mg of berberine 2 times a day. I often start a couple of days before the injection, taking 1 x500 mg 2 x a day. I started taking berberine to maintain my intestines gut balance (bacteria and yeast in my intestines) and the sugar regulation is a bonus. I actually realized that most people who take it, take that to help to balance their sugar. I get mine on amazon, and IMO, it is not extremely expensive to get.

Also - often the steroids give me "the high" then "the low" I don't like, hot, unable to sleep, restless... then crashing when things start to normalize itself before my body starts making their own steroids again. And that, in my case can be even 2+ months after the injection. If I need to have any labwork done, I try to make sure I don't get blood drawn within at least 2 months after injections.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Melody P.
on 1/23/20 5:50 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you so much for that suggestion. Will go looking for it today.

I also didn't sleep well. It's frustrating but like you said you just have to survive!

Teenie
on 1/22/20 6:29 am, edited 1/21/20 10:35 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning MadisonRose and Menuers.

Thank you so much for starting us off today.

QOTD: This is us. This is the only show I have watched in real time and been up to the minute on in years. I also have been watching Flirty Dancing. I wish I was young and single I would have loved to do that show.

Accountability; keto Cinnamon buns

TSS: 2 years 1 Month 10 days 135.2 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato w/Miralax and Fiber

MS: Jimmy Dean Eggwich

L: Butternut squash chili and brussel sprouts

D: Grilled turkey and keto cinnamon buns.

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a one a day multivitamin I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been good. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day.

Exercise: At least 30 minutes of elliptical at the gym. I would love to get these 5 lbs off before vacation.

Everybody have a great day!

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

MadisonRose
on 1/22/20 7:31 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Love this is us!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

momyshaver
on 1/22/20 6:33 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I am doing something differently that I haven't done in some time and playing around with penning out in physical pen and paper what I am going to eat today, seeing the ww "points" ahead of time and if I can manage to stick with it even if it isn't where I want to ideally be that would be progress. I have tracked online the past few days and I definitely see several lightbulb areas where I am easily making mistakes, (even though I don't see ww as ideal for post op bariatric patients the behavior modification stuff is helping me as far as that goes).

Breakfast- Premeir Protein vanilla mixed with coffee, miralax

vitamins, meds

water

Lunch- (measured) oatmeal with PB2 powder mixed in

vitamins,meds

water

Dinner - ? Find a protein and pair it with some avocado I would like to fit in/use up

vitamins

water

meds

snack? (maybe Dannon Fit & Active Greek Yogurt?)

snacks - salted HB eggs prepped ahead

I feel like I have been hit by a truck today and I think it is due in part to eating too many late night slider foods. I have struggling with the jaw stuff. I am pretty sure one of the back teeth I cracked when I fell and broke my jaw has split entirely but I can't actually see it because it is a molar. I am terrified of having my mouth worked on again after the surgery to put plates and screws in. I am tired of pain and it is hard to be in pain and see more pain down the pipeline. Again. I guess that is Life though. If you aren't experiencing some pain in the middle of all of the good you probably aren't living.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 545 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 528 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 417 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 131 views
Recent Topics