What's on your Wednesday menu RNY people?

Emiepie
on 1/22/20 7:57 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yikes, sounds painful. Take care if yourself.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

momyshaver
on 1/22/20 9:49 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I think that a med I take for my neuropathy probably helps me avoid some of the pain. It is a mixed bag due to the paralysis I was trying to wean down a bit so that I am not getting in the way of any neural regeneration that may be trying to take place; however, that is scary too because of the other issues. I just can't seem to wean down the medication without the neuropathy causing issues elsewhere. This med has some other side effects at a higher dose (for me) and I am just trying to find the right balance - in multiple areas. I am really grateful for the daily thread here on OH. It is full of inspiring people that keep me pressing on. Each poster brings something to the table here. I hope they realize that even though I often don't post a response.

Emiepie
on 1/22/20 12:21 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/20 5:51 am, edited 3/3/20 9:52 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

I got amazing results with ( surprising and really shocking considering I?m not officially diabetic anymore ) diabetic neuropathy in my feet . Had tingling just a constant annoying feeling particularly in my left foot ( it started in both ) vitamin b12 chewies from the Vitamin Store took it away ... and regular excercise .

read this was a PERMANENT condition ... oh my gosh I?m so thrilled to have it largely reversed ! Right foot - no tingling or extra feelings whatsoever . Left foot like 39% of original condition! Go b12 !

catwoman7
on 1/22/20 7:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

this'll be a drive-by for now because some researcher is supposed to call me in seven minutes - some kind of phone interview for one of the Alzheimer's research studies I'm in. It'll take about a half hour - then I'm off to wait with my MIL for her car to be fixed, then to my mom's to look at her computer (likely nothing wrong with it -but she panics when she sees some weird message), then off to the hospital to wait with my friend while her husband is in surgery. I'll have to fit exercise in sometime today, too - maybe this evening - because it's supposed to snow again tomorrow.

accountability was OK yesterday. Weight seems to have settled to about one pound less than it was right after the holidays - which sounds about right because I haven't cut my calories enough. I'm back to my normal calorie range (after having too many days per week when I was "celebrating" over the holidays and going over my range). I played round with one of those BMR calculators the other day and discovered maintaining at my current weight (about eight lbs more than I want to be) only requires about 40 more calories per day than maintaining at the weight I want to be - which is like...nothing. A peach. A half a thing of Light & Fit yogurt. One extra cup of coffee per day (with a tablespoon of half & half). So I'm going to have to bite the bullet and really cut back - or be OK with the fact it could take months to get back down to where I want to be. Boo.

4 years 7 months out:

B: Swedish cheesecake with 2 T light Cool Whip and homemade berry sauce, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: if I'm around, a salad with diced chicken and light dressing. I'll take a protein bar with me just in case I don' t have time to come home, though...

AS: I'll be at the hospital I'll take something with me - maybe an individual size packet of nuts

D: chili???

phone is about to ring - have a great day, everyone!

Julia S.
on 1/22/20 7:57 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD-The End of the FXXXing World, Atypical, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, This is Us, Sex Education. I'm always looking for something new to watch especially since football is over.

I managed to fall in my own house and get a cut over my eye and a black eye, bruises and I think I cracked my ribs because it is still really sore. Of course I felt like an idiot and didn't go to the doctor. I was told I should come up with a creative story like I was in a bar brawl and you should see the other guy. My boss also claimed that is what you get when you don't do your job... Also a coworker asked if I really fell or wa**** I know that is probably what a lot of people think, but it really was my own stupidity.

I see my NP tomorrow, the prozac is not making my a zombie but I don't really feel like it's helping that much. I don't know what they will try next but I'm tired of being a guinea pig.

I want to see some movies, but waiting for my roommate to get over his cold so we can see 1917, and nothing else really zings me right now. And the popcorn is way too tempting, and I tend to over indulge.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Emiepie
on 1/22/20 8:01 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I once got in a fight with a bathroom stall door lock and it won, ended with staples on my forehead. I looked like Frankenstein and didn't have a great story to tell. Hope you feel better.

catwoman7
on 1/22/20 8:05 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I hope your boss was joking. Otherwise, that was a horrible thing for him/her to say!

stacyrg
on 1/22/20 9:06 am
VSG on 05/12/14

morning and happy Wednesday. I know it's late, but I finally have time to post. I'm finally starting to feel better, but the antibiotic I was on has done a number on my stomach and I swear it also impacted my blood sugar. I made it back to the gym last night and didn't die, so things are looking up!

QOTD: I'm really no****ching much of anything right now. Work has been super busy and with being sick all I want to do when I get home is go to bed. I do have the Bachelor recorded and at some point will sit down and catch up.

My plan . . . is no really much of a plan. I got home around 9:30 last night and didn't feel like prepping anything so I'll have to get lunch from out

B: Bacon

L: probably a chicken bowl from Panda Express with extra veggies

D: NY Steak and salad

S: Latte (maybe x2 . . . we'll see how my day goes), light and fit

Emiepie
on 1/22/20 12:22 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Glad you're feeling better.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 506 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 418 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 194 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?