What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

White Dove
on 1/28/20 5:43 pm - Warren, OH

I am obsessed with Time Management. One of the first books I read was called Cheaper By the Dozen about a time management expert and his twelve children. To be most efficient in using the bathroom, they had a routine for their bath, start with feet, then soap each leg, chest, arms, private parts, then use bath brush on back and get rinsed and out of shower in less than four minutes.

I make a daily to do list with each task assigned to a certain time. Like

12:15 PM to 12:30 PM - Dust blinds and windowsills in family room, vacuum, empty wastebaskets - needed duster, vacuum.

12:30 PM to 12:45 PM Clean mirrors and glass tabletops - needed Window Cleaner and microfiber cloth.

I have tasks and times for each day and room. It would drive a normal person nuts, so I don't share this anyone else in the house. If they do see my lists, they think they are highly amusing.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 1/28/20 7:53 pm, edited 1/28/20 11:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I remember that book! I read it when I was in junior high, I think. Loved it! He wrote another one, too, that I read - can't remember the name. Edited to add that i just googled the other book - Belles on their Toes.

Gohopchick
on 1/28/20 8:39 pm - United Kingdom

Here I am late/early again!

I've been a time/life management junkie for 30 years. My work is so multifaceted and complex, if I don't have systems to hold it together I'm totally stuffed. I even teach workshops on it!

Yesterday I messed up my food plan and lost weight? Go figure.

5 years past my rny

b - egg, roast veggies, soy latte

sn - yogurt, bran buds, blueberries, soy lattes (I don't drink the same time I eat)

l - chicken, roast veg

sn - halloumi fries (unplanned) - I was out and looking for a bariatric protein heavy friendly option. Yummy but likely a zillion calories.

sn - rice cake, pb, 1/4 apple (unplanned snack) Was experiencing anxiety about making it to a late dinner

d - chicken roast veg, teeny bit of cake, ice cream(about 3 tbsp), berries

sn - rice cake, pb, 1/4 apple (unplanned snack - just because)

I'm trying to use my old eating disorder self monitoring charts to see why I make changes to my daily plan. Today it was mainly anxiety that my meals would be too far apart and that I wouldn't be 'ok?' Which isn't actually rational. I don't think anyone has ever died of hunger between meals :D

Have a lovely day everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 381 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 475 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 393 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 8 replies · 45 views