newfiegirl67
on 1/29/20 5:44 am

Hi, I'm Paula, I'm having my surgery on Monday Feb. 3rd. I'm nervous, anxious, scared but ready for my new life. I know I have a journey that's changing my life. I've started this process 16 months ago. I'll look forward to reading everyone's stories.

notdamomma
on 1/29/20 6:12 am

Hi Paula! Congratulations on your surgery. It is normal to be anxious and scared but your new life will be so worth all those fears. There is a lot of helpful people here so jump in and ask questions as you can. I didn't use obesity help like I should have and started having regain so now I am back and using this as much as possible. I wish you a quick recovery and success!

newfiegirl67
on 1/29/20 12:24 pm

Thank you so much for the positive notes. I appreciate it.

White Dove
on 1/29/20 6:30 am - Warren, OH

Our stories are all out on this site. We are all here because we have made this journey and we want to help others to succeed. We know all of the pitfalls along the way and we have worked with each other on answers. You will never find a group of people more dedicated to helping others to succeed.

Keep coming to this site and asking questions. We will give you the answers you cannot get from a doctor, because we have actually done this, not learned or read about it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Tidgel
on 1/29/20 7:42 am
RNY on 04/15/19

Hi Paula...This is such an exciting time for you with your surgery just around the corner! Wishing you the very best on your new weight loss journey!

newfiegirl67
on 1/31/20 11:53 am

Thank you, Tidgel.

Dee_Caprini
on 1/29/20 10:11 am

Hi Paula! I am technically a new member but I am a 12-year post-op and have used OH for many years for info and encouragement. Many changes are coming your way and you will be so happy when you start to reach little milestones and non-scale victories. We look forward to seeing your journey as well!

newfiegirl67
on 1/29/20 12:23 pm

Thank you. I know theses a lot of changes and risks for this surgery but I'm strong and I believe it will all work out.

Emiepie
on 1/29/20 10:45 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Welcome! Best of luck on your journey. We are happy you are here.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

TheWombat
on 1/31/20 6:46 am
VSG on 06/11/18

Hi Paula! Welcome to the forum. Here are some tips for your first few weeks:

• If you weigh yourself right after surgery, you will probably find that you have gained weight because they pump you full of IV fluids. It will probably take about 5-7 days for the excess weight to go away.
  • After surgery, your number one job is to sip, sip, sip fluid!
  • You won't be able to get the recommended amount of protein for a while. That's OK; you won't become malnourished in a few weeks. Hydration is the important thing for now.
  • Don't be surprised if you feel "hungry" after surgery. This is excess stomach acid. The PPI prescribed by your surgeon will help with this, but it takes a little time.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 219 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics