What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 1/30/20 2:22 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello Folks. Who is ready to face this Friday-Eve? I am feeling pretty "meh" about it. Yesterday was the worst of all of the meetings... I started to suspect it was going to get heated on Tuesday night after a flurry of emails came through. And then it was so much worse than I thought. I was completely reamed out by this principal during the meeting. All of her pent up anger became directed towards me! Luckily no one in the room was impressed by her antics or believed I was really the problem. I got lots of compliments afterwards for handling her tantrum gracefully. But needless to say, could use a people-free day today... Alas.

Accountability: Ok, I need to write a letter and complain to the WW people about how two teeny tiny "fun sized" Milky Way candies can amount to NINE points!?!?! Dammit. I told Grim, and he bragged that he could eat a year's worth of points in one sitting, lol. Yep. Well, so much for saving up extra points yesterday... I only ended up with 2 to spare. I know I keep saying this, but I really need to stop grabbing little things during these meetings. It was like once the seal was broken and I caved in once, it's been so easy to let my hand wander into the bowl once a day.

QOTD: Throwback Thursday! What is something you did as a kid that would be considered dangerous now? So many things... But 3 that jump to mind are: 1) staying outside for 12+ hours in the summer time with neighbor kids, completely unsupervised! 2) I never even owned a bike helmet! 3) Riding in the "way back" of the station wagon with no seatbelt.

Trying again for a 12 point day. I definitely won't be grabbing any candy today!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Erin T.
on 1/30/20 2:50 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I had one of those nights where I fell asleep so hard and fast that I wasn't fully undressed, didn't take my contacts out, and never plugged my phone in. I woke up at 3:40am and was totally confused where I was and what happened. I did manage to find my phone, plug it in, remove my contacts, and go back to sleep until my alarm went off at 5. I forgot to take my B1 with me when I went to MD this weekend and I think that's likely the issue. It seems I end up dog tired within a couple days of not taking it.

QOTD: I grew up on a large dairy farm, so I'm sure most of my existence would be considered dangerous now. I started independently riding 4-wheelers, snowmobiles, and dirt bikes around age 7. One of my jobs from a young age was to clean the barn floor and that meant wielding a shovel behind hundreds of cows. In addition, we also spent a LOT of unsupervised time in the woods and only really came home for lunch/dinner. My boyfriend once rolled the 4-wheeler on top of me and I ended up with a basketball sized bruise and never told my parents it happened. Another time a friend was trying to clear branches and walloped me in the face with a baseball bat and I had a black eye and probably a concussion that we never did anything about. Oh, also I never wore sun screen until I was a teen - the goal was to burn once and then you'd just continue to tan until your skin looked dirty by the end of the summer. That's come back to bite me in several ways too.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x2
  • Egg & Sweet Potato
  • Turkey, Cheese, Cucumber
  • Hot dog & Veggies (never made this last night, forgot it was Wednesday when my kiddo has dance)

Still unable to work out, but I do have about 2.5 miles of walking around campus that needs to happen today.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

karenp8
on 1/30/20 4:17 am - Brighton, IL

Got a dusting of snow overnight but Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in and will do another long and a short lunch walk too. Accountability stunk as I found 2 mini Reeses cups and don't even know why I ate them. Weight today is 120.4. I did get my steps in though and avoided the cinnamon rolls and brownies at break. I need to focus on liquids today and here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and homemade cashew butter L 2 protein pancakes with sugar free syrup D 4 oz meatballs with cheese. Have a great day full of smart and healthy choices everyone !

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/30/20 5:12 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! It is a quiet day for me, writing a few more thank you's and taking Justice for a walk.

QOTD: I did all the things you listed. Plus: using baby oil for suntanning (as well as an aluminum foil covered book to shine extra sunlight on my face). Walking alone to school and back even when it was dark.

TSS: 3 years, 10 months

B: Eggs, salsa, and coffee

L: Sliced chicken and cottage cheese

D: Vegetarian chili

S: Pumpkin pudding or baked apple

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Erin T.
on 1/30/20 6:30 am
VSG on 01/17/17

I used to have to walk home from school to my sitter's house in 1st grade. It was at least 1/2 a mile and several road crossings!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

White Dove
on 1/30/20 5:21 am - Warren, OH

I have been a lifetime member of Weigh****chers since 1973. So here is my take on the mini Milky Way. Enter it as a quick add and count three fun size bars as two points. This new system is based on whether or not a food is a trigger for someone to eat the whole bag. I am not that person and I don't believe that you are either.

So if you want to have a fun size Milky Way and it is not going to send you spiraling out of control, give yourself special privileges. A point is roughly 50 calories. A fun size bar is 37 calories. Nine points is roughly 450 calories. They are counting it as nine points because almost all of the people who go to Weigh****chers cheat on what they really eat. So they are estimating that a person who tracks 2 fun size bars really ate 12.

As you experienced, having to look at 9 points just messed with your head. So we old timers are doing what I told you to do. We have been tracking for close to 50 years and we don't play head games with ourselves. We get around this crazy part of the point system by honestly tracking what we ate and assigning our own point value based on 50 calories per point.

I hope this helps. It is "insider" information that Weigh****chers is not going to publish or tell you.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

supershopper
on 1/30/20 5:22 am

hi all

decided to do workout after work today so we will see about that. trying this app called volt for a week to see if I like it and it is doing mobility and endurance. mobility is ok but I hate any cardio right now. would rather just lift weights

work was a little tiring yesterday working on a few projects that require lots of brain power lol. tomorrow we are doing game day blah blah at work so its eat a bunch of crap. there will be several types of chili, chicken wings, desserts etc. I'm making this chili mac dip that is chili con carne, cheese, cream cheese, and a box of cooked mac and cheese. I think I will make the pasta in the instant pot, drain then just put in the rest of the crap and heat it while I'm at work in the morning. I also wanted to do these pizza sliders but I'm not sure. I would have to go to the grocery store again...

QOTD: I think the biggest thing was we had a big chevy van and I used to just lay on the floor board and sleep on family trips. I liked the heat and vibration and it put me to sleep.

food plan today

I'm grasping at leftovers today but will make it work. we are heading back to GA Saturday after Bell's training at petsmart so trying to not cook a bunch of stuff

homemade yogurt

coffee

water

Hormel snack pack thing

protein bar

not sure what else

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

White Dove
on 1/30/20 5:36 am - Warren, OH

I remember getting in cars with perfect strangers because someone would stop and offer a ride when I was walking on a hot day. I did that many times. They were always nice people who were being neighborly, but that was the 1950's and we had never been told about bad people.

My friends would just stop by the side of the road, stick their thumbs out and someone would stop and say "hop in". I never go into hitchhiking but accepted many rides. When I was about 13, a man offered me a ride and put his hand on my thigh. I guess instinct kicked in because I told him to stop the car and this was the place I needed to go to. I never got in a car with a stranger again.

We walked everywhere and nobody told us anything about bad people. The 50's were when we lived in total innocence. I also never realized that kids were being mistreated and abused. People kept their family secrets to themselves. My parents never once raised their voices to each other, treated us kids very fairly, and we always felt safe.

Looking back I now understand how much other families hid. Sometimes I talk to people I grew up with and am amazed at the things that went on but were kept secret. I sometimes wish I could go back with the things I know now and help those kids who were living a nightmare.

Laura in Texas
on 1/30/20 6:06 am

My dad grew up in Queens, NY. His parents would give him bus fare and would keep it and hitchhike instead. I always loved hearing that story from his sisters

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

White Dove
on 1/30/20 6:25 am - Warren, OH

Bus fare round trip to school was 25 cents. I would walk and use the money for an ice cream cone. It was 2.5 miles each way so I was walking 5 miles each day for that quarter. Sometimes, I used it to buy a 10 cent coke and saved the other 15 cents.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 772 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 384 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 502 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 247 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 277 views