What's on your SUPER BOWL Sunday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 2/2/20 4:21 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi Everyone! Making this quick before I run off to the gym this morning, but wanted to check in.

Accountability: I went to a work party yesterday that was all carbs, but for the first time in years, I had some and was able to fit it into my WW plan. I had all zero point foods for the rest of the day, and ended the week with 30 unused extra "weekly" points. I also went to my first WW meeting yesterday. It was better than I remembered--it's a huge group with 75 or so people and a very energetic facilitator. I am still somewhat skeptical that I can lose weight with the plan but I am hopeful!

QOTD: Will you watch the Super Bowl? Any Plans? I just don't care. We aren't going to any parties... If we are home, we will tune in for the Kitten Bowl, but otherwise I think we'll skip it.

I'm trying to stay super low on points today because I might end up at the movies this afternoon, and if I do, I want some popcorn!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Laura in Texas
on 2/2/20 5:26 am

Good morning!! I am still enjoying WW. I had my weigh in yesterday. I am down 11.4 pounds in 6 weeks (most of that the first few weeks) with 18.6 more to go. Slow and steady wins the race, right? I am working on patience.

We are in the midst of Girl Scout cookie season. This is my daughter's 10th year as a Girl Scout. She and a friend went out with their wagons yesterday and sold door-to-door. They each sold around 30 boxes. It's a good start. Our goal is to sell 200 boxes. I have 100 boxes in my dining room right now but thankfully I am not tempted to eat them. WW is working for me.

Today I need to get my hair cut/colored. Looking at the calendar I realized this is my only day that I have time to get it done. Thankfully I know a good place open on Sundays. I will call them in a little bit to see if they can squeeze me in.

Later we will go out and sell more cookies. I hope to have them out of my house soon. Willpower only lasts so long...lol.

This week Sarah has a lacrosse game Monday, basketball game Tuesday, I have a doctor's appointment Wednesday, and I am going out of town Thursday. This will be a great week!!

QOTD: We will watch the Super Bowl at home. I don't really care for either team, but I will cheer for the 49ers because 2 former Auburn players are on that team. War Eagle!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Greateight
on 2/2/20 6:03 am, edited 2/1/20 10:06 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Every time I got into my car yesterday, Black Peter was playing on my radio. Hardly an auspicious start to rejoining the world after several days of being sick. Marilyn played tennis again despite having the same viral infection that I do. She claims that she is outrunning the virus. She doesn't seem to be doing appreciably worse than me, so maybe there is something to it.

Today I am headed to Washington DC for the week for work. Unfortunately, Emily won't be around.

QOTD: I will be barricaded in my hotel room, trying to get my last day of recovery before work resumes tomorrow. I will have the game on, but if I fall asleep, that's good too.

Breakfast: pork

Snack: protein bar

Lunch: plane food

dinner: probably steak

All of my friends come to see me last night
I was laying in my bed and dying
Annie Beauneu from Saint Angel
Say "the weather down here so fine" Just then the wind
Came squalling through the door
But who can
The weather command?
Just want to have
A little peace to die
And a friend or two
I love at hand Fever roll up to a hundred and five
Roll on up
Gonna roll back down
One more day
I find myself alive
Tomorrow
Maybe go
Beneath the ground See here how everything
Lead up to this day
And it's just like
Any other day
That's ever been
Sun goin up
And then the
Sun it goin down
Shine through my window and
My friends they come around
Come around
Come around The people may know but
People don't care
That a man could be
As poor as me
Take a look at poor Peter
He's lying in pain
Now let's go run
And see Run and see
Run and see
Run, run, and see
Hey, hey, run and see

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 2/2/20 7:00 am
RNY on 06/03/15

you were in one of my dreams last night! I'd come home from vacation, and you were at my house - I think you may have been housesitting for us or something. Anyway, you mentioned you weighed 135 lbs. I was SO freaking jealous!! Weird how weight and OH have entered my dreams (well, weight has for a long time....but OH??)

Greateight
on 2/2/20 8:02 am
RNY on 08/29/18

LOL. 135 was the squat cleans, likely. Let's hope I never weigh that. Pretty sure that nobody would be jealous of how I looked.

Have a great week, I will be back in Chicago and posting Friday afternoon.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 2/2/20 10:42 am, edited 2/2/20 2:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

it's probably because at my lowest I was near there, and part of me would love to be there again, although it was really too low for me as well. I could see every rib. To the point where I was embarrassed to be seen in swimsuits or anything with a low neckline. Plus my PCP said she didn't want to see me below 140 again (ah...no worries about that now, so...)

But anyway, that's probably where that 135 came from.

you have a great week as well!

karenp8
on 2/2/20 6:52 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Miss Lily and I have our 3.5 miles done and will do another mile later. She was happy to get back to her home park and ready to go! Laura I am impressed with your willpower. If I had one box of Girl Scout cookies in my house it would have to be locked in a safe I don't know the combination to to be safe. I would eat them,even though I know I'd be miserable. Accountability was perfect yesterday both food and stepwise til bedtime when I ate too many nuts I did not need. Weight is 120.4. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and homemade cashew butter L 4 oz seafood salad D 4 oz baked chicken thigh. Have a wonderful day full of smart choices everyone!

catwoman7
on 2/2/20 7:11 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm planning to go to the gym this morning - I'll go to the weight room for sure and may catch a yoga class as well. We're meeting MIL at a coffee place around lunch time - we invited my mother as well, but no response from her yet. MIL wants to take some donations to a couple of different thrift shops this afternoon. There's also a hockey game at the university at 3:00, but not sure who all will be up for that. I love hockey, but I may skip it since I'm afraid the popcorn will be too tempting, and I'm feeling really bloated this morning (too many calories and too much sodium yesterday).

we may go to a Superbowl party this evening. This young couple we know have it every year (the wife is the daughter of a friend of mine who lives in Missouri), and we usually make an appearance. I could (couldn't??) give a hoot about the Superbowl itself, but the people who show up can be fun - and even though there's a lot of food, it's mostly crap I wouldn't touch even if I could.

I, too, have a busy week coming up (who knew I'd be so busy in retirement??), so I kind of want to lay low this weekend...

4 years 7 months out:

B: plain Greek yogurt with mango chunks (1/2 mango), coffee with half & half

MS: I'll sneak a Fit Frappe into the coffee shop. I should probably take a protein bar with me as well in case I don't get a chance to grab lunch

L: see above

AS: if I'm home, maybe a piece of crustless protein pumpkin pie

D: 1/2 Beyond Burger with "slim" bun (I STILL haven't eaten this!! Better get to it before it rots!)

I'll be sure to take fluids and some raw veggies to the Superbowl party if we go...

have a great day, all!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 2/2/20 9:26 am - Amarillo, TX

Good afternoon menu friends.

yesterday was a really bad day for me capped off with a panic attack that made me physically sick last night. Feeling better today but still not great. Sleep wasn't great though and since I just took a tramadol I might get a short nap in before my brother and his kids come over around 1. I seriously dragging but hopefully a nap will help. A cup of coffee might help if I don't get any sleep.

my mom fixed a brisket for today so I am going to have either an oz or two chopped up on a salad for lunch and most likely dinner.

qotd: the only reason I want the chiefs to win is due to Patrick Mahomes since he's a Texas kid. In the end really I couldn't care any less who wins. They are all getting a big check regardless.

b:PP shake and 1/4 of an apple

s:l&f yogurt with two TBS of oat blenders cereal

l:2 ozs brisket chopped on iceberg lettuce, red onion, cucumber, tomato and kraft light raspberry walnut dressing

s:protein crisps

d: either a PP shake or a repeat of lunch.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 418 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 154 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?