Gastric Bypass scheduled for Wednesday!

TErcanbrack
on 2/3/20 5:49 pm
RNY on 02/05/20

Hi all, I'm a 26 year old woman & mom of three.

I just joined this blog-like site for some insight from people that have has the gastric bypass, like I am having. I am 6 foot tall and currently 344 lbs, I was 355.7 whenever I started my liquid diet 10 days ago. I am feeling so anxious, scared, and excited - All in one. Is there anything I should expect ? Or any tips/advice to help me along the way. I've heard the first few days are the hardest. Any advice, tips, stories, knowledge will be gratefully appreciated !

Thank you,

Taylor.

catwoman7
on 2/3/20 8:00 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm sure you'll sail through just fine!! Most of us had a fairly easy recovery, too. If you're one of the unlucky ones who doesn't, just make sure to stay on top of the pain. They should send you home with some good meds. Although again, many of us had little pain and recovered fairly quickly (except for being tired...that can last awhile...)

good luck on Wednesday!! Don't forget that a lot of us go through "buyer's remorse" those first couple weeks, but I'd say about 99% of us really glad we did it and would do it again in a heartbeat!

TErcanbrack
on 2/3/20 8:11 pm
RNY on 02/05/20

I appreciate your kind words!!!!

I am so excited, but so scared.. I'm a mom of three young kids, so I hope I recover and turn back to normal quickly

Emiepie
on 2/4/20 9:06 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Welcome and best of luck to you as you begin this step in your journey. For the days after surgery, you need to sip/rest/walk like it's your job...cause it is

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 2/5/20 5:28 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Hope everything goes well today! A few days from now, you'll be in the first phase of your new normal! Follow your plan, rest/walk/sip/sip/sip; you've got this!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Dee_Caprini
on 2/7/20 3:56 pm

Hello! Congratulations as I assume that you are now 2 days post-op! Welcome to the losers bench!

Every feeling you are experiencing is completely normal and is expected. We all go through every stage of emotion that is humanly possible, you'd think they messed with wiring in the noggin.

Take a moment to be with yourself if you need to. Don't feel the need to explain yourself to anyone about what choices you make for your health because you will be questioned, poked and prodded about why you went through this surgery (if you told someone etc).

Everything always has a healthier choice, so if you see something that you want later down the line, have fun in the kitchen to try and make it healthier...

Tell those closest to you about what you are going through and what your limits are... it is always nice to have someone in your close camp who can be a buffer for you and a cheerleader at the same time if you have been struggling.

Go to support groups and surround yourself with those that have walked the path. Stay focused on your goas and be open with new ideas because they will help you see things from a different perspective.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 397 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Forum Search Error & 404