What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 2/4/20 2:04 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey Everyone! Hope you all had a fabulous Monday. Mine was perfect! Red Sox Truck day was great, as always. It really brings out some die hard weirdo fans, like the woman who puts together little packets of "Red Sox Fairy Dust" to hand out to everyone (it's glitter, ha!). But it's just fun and silly. We had a really nice day for it, too! It was in the mid-40s and sunny with no wind. I don't think I have spent that long outdoors in 3 months... I freaking hate winter.

Today I am trying a new work schedule, because I have been going in super early but I never leave early! So today I am going to take the 7am train, which should get me to work around 8:40am instead of getting in at 6:30am. I hope that I will leave at my usual time and start putting in a normal 8ish hour day now that our busy time has ended. I'm planning to use the time in the morning to go to the gym a few days a week :)

Accountability: Well I went all in on that biscuit and honey butter! It was freaking wonderful as always. So I ate WW zero point foods or the rest of the day as an attempt to counter-balance. I had the time to exercise but my knee is acting up, so I stayed off of it when we got home and kept it elevated and iced. I think it is better this morning and I hope to get back to exercise tomorrow!

QOTD: Apple or Android? Could anything make you switch? I am an Apple girl and I cannot make the switch. I have an iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad & MacBook and I love that they all talk to each other. They have me for life. I can't even imagine what amazing feature on anther phone could draw me away!

I'm trying to stay low on points again today. I am having 13 points out of 23 and will try to stay along those lines for the rest of the week to make up for yesterday's indiscretions!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

momyshaver
on 2/4/20 2:33 am, edited 2/3/20 6:33 pm
VSG on 06/28/17

Thank you for starting the daily thread. I think it is a great idea to go in later so you can get gym time in, especially if you have been going in early and not leaving early. I imagine that takes a toll so investing in your own health more is always a good idea.

My Monday was okay. I am still fumbling along with WW. I have been losing but I can't seem to hit the blue dots. I think I might switch from purple to blue, which is what the quiz had suggested when I joined in the first place. On another WW thread here on OH someone had shared some good ideas why blue worked for them and I am wondering if it might help me get more "blue dots".

I have been stressed so I had a drink before bed last night after being entirely alcohol-free for nearly 3 days. I was so disappointed in myself but I am going to make today my day 1. Again. It was just so nice to not be stressed, not think about everything weighing me down, (and it isn't the weight lol). The chronic pain is a big struggle for me but I hate how I feel when I wake up after having a drink the night before. I just need to cut it out.

B - Protein Shake/coffee/vitamins

L- salted HB egg, pickles

D- maybe chicken or beans? IDK... some sort of protein and I picked up some canned asparagus spears I want to try to see if they are any good. They are the long spears, not cut up. I don't eat much asparagus but I wanted to try something different.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/4/20 4:09 am
RNY on 02/14/18

When I stopped drinking presurgery, I built a tea ritual for myself that kind of acts as the same "wind down" that my wine used to serve. Could you look at something like that, bs beating yourself up? I find that beating yourself up can sometimes have a spirally effect.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

momyshaver
on 2/4/20 4:20 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I haven't been much of a tea drinker but I will try it. I know when replacing one habit something else usually slips in. Herbal tea would be a nice habit.

Christina135
on 2/4/20 8:12 am, edited 2/4/20 12:14 am

8 months sober here (as of yesterday). I have come to LOVE hot tea! I bought one over the weekend called "Blood of my enemies" and it's delish!
It has rose hips, hibiscus, apple...and one more thing, I need to remember! It's so good!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

momyshaver
on 2/4/20 8:19 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Congratulations on 8 months! That is worth celebrating! I love the name of the tea lol...it sounds yummy.

Christina135
on 2/4/20 9:11 am

Thank you! Doing it in solidarity with my husband.

The tea is really good, I don't even have to add splenda.

Here's the company (it's local)

https://www.armchairanthrotea.com/

Christina

Let it begin with me.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/4/20 8:47 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Congratulations on 8 months!! and I love the idea of that tea

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Christina135
on 2/4/20 9:13 am

You can get it online. I love all the teas, such a cool place!

https://www.armchairanthrotea.com/

Christina

Let it begin with me.

Emiepie
on 2/4/20 6:36 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You can do it!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 289 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics