The new me... just finding myself for the first time

David G.
on 2/5/20 7:36 pm - Fort Lauderdale , FL

Hi friends...

It's been quite awhile since I've visited this site or posted but felt the need to come back and see how everyone is doing...

Yesterday while going through an old album I finally found something I've been searching for..

A pic of me before my RNY gastric bypass (2004) when I was 592#

Here's a Before and Current pic
Honestly I was shocked seeing the huge difference in me then and now. Was 72 in waist then 34 in now. Not bad for just hitting the 50 year old mark.

its still kinda hard to get use to the new me LOL when I pick a shirt out of the closet and it's a Large it's so tiny compared to those 7XL I use to wear ?LOL I've been wearing 3&4XL forever it seems now. But recently something clicked inside me and I decided to get serious once again and back on the losing weight track. So here's the new me. I have to admit I love it! I don't shy away from mirrors anymore - in fact I like them! I walk with pride chest poked out even as I feel sexy for the first time in awhile! In fact this last summer I walked around my condo complex without a shirt during the day while walking my dog. I wasn't worried who would see me or judge me. I can't begin to tell you how liberating that was.!! I felt so..so.. normal!! Yes I've got loose skin which I plan to work on losing via surgery this year. Luckily my insurance pays to remove it .

It's been a very hard journey for sure. I've had many bumps along the way. I've got several new medical complications post surgery I never had pre op ( such as : I'm now lactose intolerant, hypoglycemic, major sugar craving 24/7, etc the biggest issue is after losing the huge fat neck after like 4 months post op, my C3-C5 discs in my neck crushed under the weight of my head. Since my spine never had to support that weight prior it basically was too weak from unuse.)

I'm very open and honest with my journey hoping my story can help those going through it or about it feel free to ask anything (just be ready for an honest answer!) main thing I get asked - YES is do this surgery again without a doubt!! I have several funny stories to share you guys won't believe as well if you wanna hear them..

big hugs fellow friends

Chris

JB1114
on 2/6/20 4:47 pm - Grain Valley, MO

WOW!! You are a success. Congratulations on all your hard work to get where you are.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

fickleme
on 2/7/20 11:10 am - Bessemer City, NC

Kuddos... You did an amazing job using your tool... Congrats!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 239 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views
Recent Topics