What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 2/6/20 2:20 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I found this meme funny because that is basically what I did on Monday with the biscuit. I ate all my points in crap and had zero point foods for the rest of the day. I don't think it's a great weight loss strategy, per say, but its nice to have a little flexibility!

Accountability: Good! I went to the gym in the morning! And I ate what I planned, except for dinner. I had chicken instead because Grim was cooking, and who am I to say no?

QOTD: Did you ever go to a childhood friend's house and find it completely bizarre? I had a friend who lived a few blocks away who was the youngest of 12 kids in a super Catholic family. Some of her older siblings were as old as my parents! And they had giant oil paintings of Jesus and crucifixes all over the house. I remember the first time I had a sleepover there--I was so freaked out by a huge wooden cross outside of the bathroom that had the blood of Christ all over it. I wanted to go home! She became a nun, briefly, then ended up marrying and having a million kids of their own!

Tonight I am going to dinner with some friends and we are hitting up an African restaurant. The menu is tough to decipher in terms of WW compliance but I think I have settled on a black-eyed bean cake and fried plantains? I am open to suggestions for something around 10-12 points--the menu is here... And NO, I will not be eating my goat friends :(

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Erin T.
on 2/6/20 2:34 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! Are you avoiding the snow up there? My family at home is bracing for 10-20" today and tomorrow. We're due to get 3.5-4" of rain today and some severe storms. At least I don't need to shovel rain, right? I'm working from home again to continue the training I started on Tuesday and because Kid #2 has the day off and isn't quite old enough to spend the whole day alone.

QOTD: You come up with the best questions. Back when I was doing the VSG board I dreaded that part because I would be stumped most mornings.

I think I always found it interesting when kids grew up differently than I did. I lived in an 1800's farmhouse that was in fair to moderate condition. My parents could afford to do some renovations (new wallpaper and carpet, oh-la-la!). My closest friend was our neighbor (but about 1/4 mile down the road) and her house was probably of similar age and very rustic. They had bare plank floors and their kitchen cabinetry was just pine shelving her father had built. They didn't have a couch, and instead had a retired twin bed from one of her brother's rooms. Oh and they had a claw foot tub without a shower! I also remember when I friended someone in 1st grade and she lived in a trailer. I thought it was super neat simply because it was different than what I was used to.

I think Isis experiences what you're talking about with the older siblings. The majority of her friends here are the youngest child and some have siblings from previous marriages that are in their 30's. Jon and I are 36 & 34, and many of her friend's parents are in their mid-later 50's at least. People will meet us and say: "So, how old were you when you had Isis?" (I had her on my 23rd birthday).

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x2
  • Egg and Sweet Potato
  • Turkey, Cheese, Cucumber
  • Salmon, Little Potatoes, Asparagus

(Hopefully this doesn't post twice, I got an error while trying to post the first time).

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Queen JB
on 2/6/20 6:38 am
RNY on 07/20/15

We just ended up with sleet here. So it made for a long, nasty commute, but thankfully nothing big.

My mom had me at 23 too. Most kids my age had moms around the same age as mine, but I can't think of a 23 year old I know who is ready to have a baby, now... Times have changed so much!

Erin T.
on 2/6/20 7:03 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Looking back now, even though we 100% did not plan Isis, I still felt like we were adults. We both had full-time (albeit, not well paid) jobs, an apartment, solid transportation, etc. But, it was a HUGE adjustment to our lifestyle when she actually showed up. I was working a job with extremely varied hours (6am-2pm, 4pm-12am, and 6pm-2am being my most common shifts given the week). It was very hard to adjust to the type of sleep schedule a child makes you have.

We were only together for 8 months when we found out we were having her and I often times realize that we really did not get much time to experience our relationship sans children the way other's have. However, I'll only be 41 when Isis graduates high school (and 44 when Aurora does). So, universe willing, we'll have plenty of time when they are out making their own lives.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

catwoman7
on 2/6/20 3:33 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

my parents had me at 24. That would have been considered ancient back then, although they were both college graduates, so unlike some of my friends' parents, they didn't get married at 18 or 19 (which was pretty common back then!). That seems so young now (even 24...), but back then, no. You're right - times have really changed!!

Partlypollyanna
on 2/6/20 3:02 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning!! This is becoming one of those weeks that will never end...I may start walking around chanting "two more days, two more days".

i do have some good stuff today though / I helped a friend plan a trip to Iceland so I'm meeting hike for lunch to go over some details and then tonight meeting another friend and her hubby for dinner to help them figure out where they want to go on a trip to Europe. I love to plan travel!

qotd - always!! My childhood was strange and it was always interesting to see how other families/homes were.

i am not going to get any exercise in today, just too hectic.

for the days eats i have packed cottage cheese, 5 oz ever roast chicken, a light and fit and two cheese sticks. My friend I'm having dinner with follows an auto-immune protocol so whatever we have will be protein based.

have a great day everyone

(two more days, two more days)

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 2/6/20 5:06 am, edited 2/5/20 9:08 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

I'm off to the hospital this morning for 5-6 hours of testing for one of the Alzheimer's studies I'm in (i.e., the one I'm in for life. I go every two years - this is my second time through). Today it's a blood draw, a physical, and memory testing. I'm dreading the memory testing part. It's very humbling. It makes you feel like you already HAVE Alzheimer's! (they said they stop that part if/when you get moderate Alzheimer's since it's too frustrating for Alzheimer's patients to do). I had to fast and they're supposed to provide a "light breakfast" after the blood draw. I think last time they gave me a thing of Chobani yogurt and an English muffin or something. And coffee. And maybe juice (which I would have given to DH). So that's probably breakfast, but I'm not sure. I don't THINK they gave me lunch at this one. I'll go back in another couple of weeks for another day of testing - an MRI and a lumbar puncture. At that one they provide lunch (I think I might have to fast through all of that - which is several hours - crap!!!!)

Accountability: well, if it weren't for the fact I had another small-ish meal at 8:00 pm (because I knew I'd have to fast for 12 hours), calories would have been fine, but that put me over a bit. Did TRX.

QOTD: that house sounds really freaky, JB! I've never experienced anything like that. I honestly can't remember any bizarre houses among childhood friends....

B: not sure. I assume Greek yogurt, and English muffin (with butter) and coffee (I'm asking for LOTS of coffee - didn't sleep that well last night, and I've got that memory test...)

MS: I have the usual protein bar with me, but I probably won't need it since the breakfast will be later than usual (I hope not too late - I"m already hungry!!)

L: not sure when I'm getting home - but maybe a salad with turkey and light dressing

D: Beyond Burger with "sandwich thin" bun, light thousand island dressing, lettuce, and tomato slices

have a great day, everyone!

supershopper
on 2/6/20 5:48 am

I've made goat ribs and they are quite good... not much meat though...live on the EDGE JB!!! hahahaha

ok so I made myself just do a relaxing cardio at the gym after work to keep up some activity since I sit all day. did like 6 miles on the bike and lifted a little. some dudes were deadlifting 300+ pounds it was awesome.

getting TONS of rain here and the entire yard is flooded and the water is up to my back door. freaking out a little.. ugh might run home at lunch and make sure entire house isn't under water.

QOTD: my best friend growing up never had 'junk food' only food that you have to prepare like beans rice meat etc. only on occasion would they have stuff to make rice krispies and we would eat the crap out of those... they also had only a rotary phone with a LOOOONG cord in the living room when I had my own phone in my room. they didn't have cable and we had to watch vcr tapes rented from library.

so food for today

oat/cauli/yogurt breakfast

coffee

water

more coffee

avocado toast with eggs

not sure what else- have a spin class booked for 6:30 if my house doesn't flood I will go.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Queen JB
on 2/6/20 6:43 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hahaha, the bizarre family you are describing sounds like mine. No junk food, no cable, and most of our entertainment came from the library. Sigh...

catwoman7
on 2/6/20 3:38 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

sounds like mine, too! My mom was really into Adele Davis back in the 60s, so we always ate "health food". I don't think cable and VCR's were invented until I was in high school. I remember reading an article in "My Weekly Reader" in elementary school about the future of television- that one day we'd be getting our shows through cable, and we'd be able to record TV shows. We kids were all absolutely blown away by this thought!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 487 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 450 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404