What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 2/8/20 2:21 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ha this seems appropriate as I am about to go for my first weigh in at Weigh****chers this morning! I mean, who hasn't played this game...? Ha!

The weather here was WILD last night. The winds picked up around 4pm, and took trees down all over the state, and the area where we live got it the worst. There are multiple cars that are CRUSHED by trees right in the neighborhood. Plus all of the major stores have no power, including IKEA and the entire mall. We are SO LUCKY to have power--I think we might be the only block in a 4 town radius who didn't lose it. To be honest--I am not even sure I will have a WW weigh in today! They might not have power, either...? Its in the same complex as the mall, but in a separate building. Fingers crossed--I want to get this over with!

Accountability: I was really good yesterday. I faced a lot of temptations, but I turned them all down because I knew I had to be accountable for this weigh in.

QOTD: Do you look just like someone in your family? I look a lot like both of my parents but I'm definitely not twins with either. I don't have any siblings, but I do have a strong family resemblance with a few of my male cousins on my mom's side. I always think it is wild to see siblings who look so much alike that they could be confused.

I'm not sure about exercise, either. Planet Fitness is located in the same area by the mall. So if it's closed, I will spend some time on the elliptical and recumbent bike at home.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Erin T.
on 2/8/20 3:39 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Is it me or do things seem quiet around here on the menu posts? I just read through yesterday and so few people participated!

I do not have a ton going on this weekend. Our groceries will be delivered this morning, I need to take my daughter to shop for a birthday gift for a friend and then take her to the party later. I have a couple of homework assignments I need to complete before the end of the day tomorrow which I'll probably do at the coffee shop.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x2
  • Egg & Sweet Potato
  • Turkey & Cheese
  • Spaghetti Squash, Sauce, and Meatballs

My hip is mysteriously feeling better the last couple of days. I'm unclear why, but I'm itching to run even though they told me not to before my MRI. UGH.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Queen JB
on 2/8/20 3:54 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I know. It feels like the New Year January enthusiasm might be waning. Where is everyone?

Glad your hip is feeling better!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Greateight
on 2/8/20 5:39 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Chrissy vacation and me and Emily both traveling for work, that I know of.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/8/20 4:42 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Wait to run! You don't want any permanent damage. I used to run, but wrecked my knee many years ago. I kept trying to run on it but made it worse (running is addictive and I still miss it). Now I can only run down the street!

I have noticed that this thread is quieter than it used to be and the VSG one died out (though it was never very hardy).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 2/8/20 6:19 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I've noticed both of those things as well. I'm sorry the VSG one completely died - I honestly think it was because you left - you kept it going!!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/8/20 8:37 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/8/20 4:38 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

When I weigh in at WW, I am in leggings, no sleeve top, underwear and socks, after bathroom and before coffee. And I always leave my watch off. Yesterday when I weighed at home (no clothes at all), I realized later that I had my watch on. So I weighed it and subtracted the weight of my watch (4.05 oz)! LOL

Today I am doing my morning walk, going to a couple of huge rummage sales, then to a friends for dinner.

QOTD: I only had 2 brothers and looked more like my older brother than the younger but not by a lot. Both my brothers had features more like my mother, though one had her coloring and the other had my father's. I took after my father mostly in coloring and features. My two youngest children were adopted and their adoptions have been fully open since they were in their mid-teens. DD looks just like her birthmother with a better haircut. DS looks amazingly like his birthmother and one of her sisters, but the most amazing is how much he and one first cousin look. You would swear they were siblings.

TSS: 3 years, 10 months

B: Eggs, cottage cheese, and coffee

L: Sliced chicken

D: Shrimp and ?

S: baked apple

catwoman7
on 2/8/20 6:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

ha ha! I've taken off my watch before being weighed as well!!

Maddymoe2
on 2/8/20 5:33 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone! I am here. I read the menu thread, but don't always post. I need to get in a better habit.

I am headed to my daughters today. Her and her husband bought a house and they close next week. We are going shopping! I love home decor and decorating. Its going to be a fun day, doing whatever we want.

I have been tackling my regain. I have lost 26 lbs since mid October. I am 7 lbs away from my lowest weight. Year 2 into 3 was hard for me! I feel good, strong and motivated. I am eating as low carb as possible and keeping my meals very simple. I have also been checking in every month with a FNP at my surgeons office. She is very encouraging and motivating. My goal is to lose another 15 lbs total and get to my ultimate goal weight of 160.

QOTD- My daughter and I look alike. People always ask if we are sisters.

Food for today-

1 cup black coffee with miralax, then switching to hot tea.

premier protein shake, cafe latte( I love this shake)

2 boiled eggs

chicken breast kabob

halibut with broccoli

No sugar jerky in my purse for snack if needed.

Lots of water and hot tea

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 14 replies · 74 views