What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

karenp8
on 2/8/20 7:24 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Miss Lily and I have our 3.6 miles in already and will do another mile later today. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.6. QOTD I look more like my father than my mother but not extremely alike. Here's the food plan for today B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz seafood salad D a scotch egg with 1/4 c seasoned butter beans. Have a wonderful day full of healthy choices everyone!

momyshaver
on 2/9/20 4:25 am
VSG on 06/28/17

OT question - Do you measure/and/or weigh your food? If so, how have you determined which to go with?

MadisonRose
on 2/8/20 8:37 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Morning all! Sorry I've been a bit MIA lately. Had a lot going on this past week. I am determined more than ever to get down to my goal weight. Right now I have 41.6 more pounds to go. My progress has slowed dramatically, which I knew it would, but I am not letting that get me down.

QOTD: I look a lot like my mom....especially in the face. I also have naturally curly hair like she does. The only difference is she's a brunette and I'm a red head.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda and sugar free creamer

L: L&F yogurt w/banana

D: leftover salmon or some turkey

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Partlypollyanna
on 2/8/20 9:11 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Morning/afternoon everyone! hope it's a great Saturday!

qotd - I'm the only red head in my generation so I didn't look like anyone close in the family but I look just like my Aussie cousins (the red hair comes from my Grandma's family). As we get older, my sister and I look more alike...but I think that's attitude and mannerisms more than appearance!

i slept in until almost 730 today so still working on my morning coffee and will need to get food soon. I'm thinking grain free English muffin with slice of cheese for breakfast and not sure about anything else.

I did get out and shovel the last of the overnight snow (ended up with about a foot total) but otherwise I plan on enjoying my unexpected day at home by reading and Netflixing. My brain needs a break.

Oscars are tomorrow, I've seen all the best picture nominees and might try to sneak in one or two of the acting nominees not covers in the best picture race..but I'm not feeling motivated, they might require too much brain power.

have a fantastic weekend!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

JB1114
on 2/8/20 9:44 am - Grain Valley, MO

Beautiful day here. About 20 this morning but supposed to warm up to about 40. First thing I saw on the news this morning was the storm damage. Always sad to hear.

QOTD: My sister and I look somewhat alike depending on hairstyle.

Last night I cooked chicken wings in the air fryer. Delicious. I sprinkled Kinner's Buttering seasoning (purchased at Sam's Club) on them and cooked for 10 minutes, turned them over and cooked another 5 minutes.

Saturdays I work from 8:30 to 6:00. So glad I can surf the Net and read as long as I answer the phone and greet customers. The day does get a little long about 3:00.

Yesterday DH took all the junk I collected in the garage to charity. Little does he know a lot of it was stuff he has packed around for years and never used. I worked a charity quilt for a little girl so that made for a pleasant afternoon.

Not sure what I'm eating today. I ate a Nutri-Grain bar for breakfast, lunch is brought in and I never know what it will be until it's here. I brought peanut butter and some crackers in case I don't like lunch.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Melody P.
on 2/8/20 3:31 pm - Amarillo, TX

Qotd: I definitely take after my fathers side. I also look a lot like my brother. He is 6'5 & I'm 6'2. Here is a pic of us as kids(we both avoid serious photos together now). I also look a lot like my dad in particular.

I've had some great guidance from a member here and I'm going to give keto a try again. Not super strict but I'm going for anti-inflammatory foods. I won't be eating a lot of full fat dairy or a lot of red meat, staying away from nightshade family of veggies. I need to write down some stuff but I so appreciate the messages I've gotten! So much good info,

momyshaver
on 2/9/20 4:14 am, edited 2/8/20 8:15 pm
VSG on 06/28/17

That weather sounds INSANE. I am grateful you guys are safe and with power and no loss. Did you get to WW to weigh in?

I finally looked up the big train fit frappe product line I see you post so faithfully every day. Do you like it? Is it good? What makes you choose that over other protein drinks or powders on the market?

TSS 2 and a half years

Accountability ... meh

I have been doing better on my vitamins. I find it easier to drink my protein so I try to get a strong start in the morning. I also usually get a couple lean meat roll ups and cheese with kimchi and pickles so I think I am doing okay with protein. I need to do better with my water and late night grazing. I have started moving more...I have synced my fitbit with WW so they calculate activity points for me and I really like that feature.

QOTD - I tend to take after my father's side; strong features that I see in my children as well, (physically and in behavioral traits even though we are estranged. I find that so interesting.) My adult siblings and I often joke that this or that is an 'X' trait. Some things just are undeniable, lol

Queen JB
on 2/9/20 5:12 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I really like the taste of the Fit Frappe mixed with hot coffee. Otherwise it is too sweet for me, but with coffee it is perfect. I take the 1/4c scoop of powder and mix it with water until it is the consistency of brownie batter, then add in the hot coffee. Stir it up and it is the thickness of cocoa but with this yummy mocha flavor. Plus I am getting a lot of extra protein to start my day. I can't give it up!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 2/9/20 5:19 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I love it too! Haven't tried it hot, though - I make "shakes" out of it by mixing it with 1/2 milk (any kind) and 1/2 cold brew coffee - and ice - blended in a blender. OMG...

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics