What's on your Sunday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 2/9/20 5:27 am, edited 2/9/20 5:45 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning, Weekenders! I wasn't sure that I was going to post this morning, because I haven't really figured out my menu for today or the week yet, but I figured I would at least chime in to report that I lost 1.2 pounds at WW :) I wished it would have been a little higher number for my first week, but I am satisfied. The very very lowest weight I want to hit is 16 lbs away, and the start of summer is just about 16 weeks away, so a pound a week will get me there! I am not sure I want to be at my very lowest, anyway...

Accountability: Well, after my meeting I went going out to brunch with a friend and I had a giant fluffy pancake. Whoops. It was delish tho, and I worked around it with more zero point foods :)

QOTD: What is your pic for best movie at this year's Oscars? I saw them all except for Marriage Story and 1917. I am rooting for Parasite!

Rough outline for a menu today:

• Fit Frappe Mocha w/ Coffee
  • Low Carb Chicken Nuggets
  • Apple & Mozzarella Stick
  • Tilapia Taco & Salad
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/9/20 5:49 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning JB and all. 1.6 is a great loss. As I recall I recall the average loss at WW once one gets in the lower BMIs is 1-2 pounds per week.

On the question of accountability, I really blew it yesterday at dinner at a friends home. All worth it though. And I just put some unfriendly cookies down the garbage disposal so today is a new day.

QOTD: I haven't seen any of the Oscar movies. My SIL saw Parasite and thought it was good, but a couple of other friends didn't like it. I am looking forward to seeing the fashions today.

TSS: 3 years, 10.5 months

B: Eggs, salsa, and coffee

L: Sliced chicken

D: Salmon

S: baked apple

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 2/9/20 5:58 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

well it'll be an OH food day today - we went to Costco last night and finally bought a package of those chicken skewers. Plus I made chaffles for breakfast (neither I would have known about if it hadn't been for this thread). I've been resisting buying those chicken skewers because I could make them for A LOT less than $10 (or whatever they cost), but DH convinced me the convenience would be worth it. Then I don't have to marinate them, cut them up correctly, thread them onto a skewer, and grill them. Well, true. Anyway, loved them. Had two of them with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt with some garlic and Ranch dressing powder mixed in, and a salad with light dressing. Wonderful! And great macros!!

I had two engagements today - brunch with a friend and then a workshop at one of the area libraries this afternoon, but both were canceled. The friend broke up with her boyfriend yesterday, and the snow is keeping the workshop presenter away. It might have kept me away, too. No sense risking my life on these snowy streets if I don't have to... SO - not sure what's on tap for today. I bought some asparagus the other day, so maybe I'll make some asparagus soup.

QOTD: I've hardly seen any of them (for once!), but I really liked Parasite, so I'll go for that.

4 years 8 months out:

B: 2 chaffles with plain Greek yogurt and homemade blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: if needed, a Fit Frappe latte (if not needed, I'll have it this afternoon instead)

L: 2 Costco chicken skewers with garlic/ranch Greek yogurt, salad with light dressing

AS: L&F yogurt and/or raw veggies with ranch Greek yogurt dip or an apple

D: the other half of yesterday's Beyond Burger with "sandwich thin", tomato, lettuce, and light Thousand Island, salad with light dressing

ex: probably none since I doubt I'll be able to make it to the gym today. I could do something here - but I've been at it every day for awhile, so it'd fine to take a rest day, too!

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/9/20 6:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

How do you make your blueberry compote? It sounds appealing!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 2/9/20 6:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I just cook down a bunch of blueberries (either fresh or frozen) in a little SF Torani syrup (not a ton of Torani syrup, though - because the blueberries put out a TON of liquid as they're cooking down). I also add some cinnamon, some vanilla extract, and a little artificial sweetener -- all to taste.

blueberries have a lot of pectin in them so they'll thicken up a bit overnight in the fridge, but I still have to thicken my compote sometimes, esp if I add too much Torani syrup. I have a food thickener that I bought at Walgreens or CVS about a year ago - a scoop or two of that will do the trick. Otherwise, you could use some flour or cornstarch (if cornstarch, you have to dissolve it some water first before adding it)

I use this instead of syrup sometimes on protein pancakes and chaffles. With a dollop of plain Greek yogurt. Love it!

P.S. I make it with strawberries and rhubarb in the summer - you make it the same way. I like that one even better!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/9/20 7:41 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yummm... thank you!

Partlypollyanna
on 2/9/20 6:13 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Congratulations on the 1.6!

I have seen all the best pictures nominees and my personal pick would be Little Women, but I think 1917 will be the winner. I really liked LW, JoJo Rabbit, A Marriage Story and Ford vs Ferrari (and the first 40 minutes or so of Parasite) and I thought 1917 was really well done. I hated The Joker, The Irishman and the last 3/4 of Parasite. I ended up meh on Once upon a time in Hollywood -- I usually HATE Tarantino movies so meh is a good review, lol.

I would be thrilled if Adam Driver is a surprise winner for Best Actor but I think Phoenix has all the momentum.

Menu is up in the air - We do an Oscar party every year - very heavy on appetizers so lots of meat and cheese. I'm making PB stuffed, bacon wrapped baked jalapeños. We start pregaming when the red carpet opens at 3 (it's essentially our super bowl with better food choices, lol).

have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Greateight
on 2/9/20 6:36 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Marilyn is in Florida on a woman's tennis trip, so it is just me and the boys at home. She gets home late tonight, but I will probably be asleep by then, so I will catch up tomorrow morning. My youngest cleaned the kitchen while I was out yesterday, which was a super nice surprise.

His brother kind of messed it up again making pasta, but I am still ahead of the game. Despite being 18, the kind of pasta that he likes is Dots with butter. And he thought that the correct amount of Dots to make was 1 and 1/2 boxes. So there are quite a lot of Dots in the kitchen.

I ended up doing 117 for Snatch and 144 for clean and Jerk yesterday. I was really happy with the Snatch, but disappointed in the Clean and Jerk. I may have been feeling the illness a little.

QOTD: We have only seen 1917 which I liked. We are going to see Ford vs.Ferrari this afternoon.

Breakfast: bagel

Snack: protein bar

Lunch: Ham

Dinner: Chicken

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 2/9/20 6:55 am
RNY on 06/03/15

you guys must have escaped this snow storm. They're predicting 4-6" up here. UGH.

karenp8
on 2/9/20 6:57 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Miss Lily and I have our 3.6 miles in. We ended up running the last half mile as it started pouring. When we started it was a nice light snow but the downpour was miserable with cold temps. I see lots of warm beverages in my future to try to warm up. QOTD I have no pick because I have seen none of them. Yes I don't get out much! Accountability was perfect yesterday both food and stepwise and weight is 120.4. Here's the food plan for today B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 2 protein pancakes with sugar free syrup D 4 oz baked fish. Have a great day full of smart and healthy choices everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 199 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?