What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Partlypollyanna
on 2/10/20 2:50 pm, edited 2/10/20 6:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I wasn't mad about it winning plus they were so excited and happy!! some ass on Twitter was complaining because the acceptance speeches were in Korean. People are ignorant. I'm going to complain the next time a man American accepts an award at Cannes or Venice film festivals and gives their speech in English.

I would have been mad if Irishman or Joker had won, though.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 2/10/20 5:45 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

We got about 6" of snow yesterday, so all my plans were canceled. Boo! I'm guessing the streets were plowed overnight (well, the main ones plus the bus routes definitely would have been), but I'm not looking forward to going out. I HATE walking and driving in snow (why did I move to Wisconsin, then?? I ask myself this every freaking winter!!). I don't want to be stuck in this house for another day, either, though, so maybe I'll venture out this afternoon. I really need to get to the gym to get some exercise since I didn't do anything yesterday. And plus I'm one of those who can only take about a day of being housebound before I start going nuts. I have a meeting at 6:00 this evening for my volunteer position, so at this point I'm planning to go to that, too. Hopefully the roads will be OK for that as it's on the other side of town...

I didn'****ch the Oscars, but I was very happy to hear about Parasite. I loved it, plus I think it's great we've finally given top recognition to a film from another country. The US definitely does NOT have a monopoly on good films!!

QOTD: oh boy that would totally not be my scene. I wouldn't know over half the actors, and I'd never dress up like that. But I guess I'd take my friend Joy. She's not up on any of that, either, but she'd probably love the opportunity and would be very attentive. Plus she's just fun to be with, regardless of the situation. DH would probably be on his email or Facebook the whole time - or dozing off (which he often does at movies, too - UGH!)

accountability - I stayed within my calorie range all weekend, but I was at the high end yesterday (i've been trying to stay at the LOW end lately, since I want to lose 8-10 lbs). I need to get out of the house today - being around here all day again is just asking for trouble. It's never good when I'm bored...

4 years 8 months out:

B: protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: Fit Frappe

L: either chicken salad (made with Greek yogurt rather than mayo) or 2 Costco chicken skewers (with Greek yogurt mixed with ranch dressing mix and garlic)

AS: L&F yogurt and/or raw veggies dipped in ranch Greek yogurt dip or hummus

D: they're going to have chili at that meeting I'm going to. I think I'll just have that, even though I'm guessing it'll contain ground beef (which I avoid). Otherwise, if I eat before I go, I'm afraid I'll eat once I'm there, too. And if I'm not eating chili, I'll be attacking the sides and dessert. Better to eat the chili...

have a great day, everyone!

supershopper
on 2/10/20 6:23 am

well - there is a science behind the jean thing- I used to work for a jean GURU and she said- pt them on slightly damp- move all around and press your palm on the cro%$% area to make the rise fit better... it does work-

Saturday we had like 2 inches of snow so I was homebound and binge watching TV and then didn't feel motivated enough to leave for the gym- so I watched more tv and cleaned the camper for a guy to see about buying it. I also air fried brussels sprouts. they were yummy but gave me gas I think

sunday I slept in and then watched some crazy Netflix movie about a girl who was obsessed with aliens and horses- so so strange- but I couldn't stop watching. then I went to gym and got groceries. We had turkey breast and veggies for dinner.

QOTD: not my DH- he has social anxiety- probably my niece who is 19- she would know the people I don't and is very social... yes, Billy essentially had expensive pajamas on... just cause its Gucci doesn't mean they aren't jammies. and can I say how much I like Keanu...

food today:

coffee

water

coffee

cauli/oats/protein powder

jello with cottage cheese

turkey breast and green beans

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Partlypollyanna
on 2/10/20 7:16 am
RNY on 02/14/18

May have to try the jeans trick.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 2/10/20 10:48 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I miss the days when I used to have to throw the jeans in the dryer to make them small enough to stay on. That sure ended quick...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Au_Contraire
on 2/10/20 11:56 am

Literally ALL of my jeans fall down. They start off more or less ok out of the dryer, but within a couple of hours I find myself hopping about as I yank up the waistband. They just slide down, and the legs become completely loose and wrinkled. I have resisted going to size 0 (except for my in NYDJ jeans, which are 0's) not sure why - I guess it's still hard for me to identify with that size. So now I have about 20 pairs of jeans which always slide down. Most of these are jeggings without belt loops, but I'm considering adding loops and just belting them all up. One time I flew wearing a pair of jeans, and the lady manning the whole body security scan thing told me to pull up my pants before being scanned. Another person, viewing me in jeans, said "Cara, those jeans aren't doing you any favors!" They just look so baggy. I've always found it difficult to find trousers or jeans that fit and are flattering.

White Dove
on 2/10/20 12:22 pm - Warren, OH

I found directions on YouTube to make elastic waistbands to hold up pants that keep falling down. Only sewing needed is sew on two buttons. This works great for jeans that won't stay up. I got the buttonhole elastic on Amazon. Also the anti-fray stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xM27ufP3Ac

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

supershopper
on 2/11/20 5:38 am

its probably the elastic in the jeans material. how do jeans without stretch work for you?

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Christina135
on 2/10/20 6:47 am

Good morning, Happy Monday!

QOTD - I would definitely not go to the Oscars, however I would give my ticket and my +1 to my mom and mother in law. They would definitely have a blast getting dressed up and seeing all the famous people!

Breakfast- Fasting, hot tea

Snack - Frozen fruit smoothie, frozen fruit, chia, water and oat milk

Lunch - Vegan hot dog, pretzels and hummus

Snack - 1/2 peanut butter jelly

Dinner - Veggies, mac and cheese and salad

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Teenie
on 2/10/20 6:47 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Hello Menuers and JB,

So tired this morning since we didn't get in till around 6pm last night and I wanted unpacked and put away before Morning. It was a well needed vacation. Probably could have took another day off to pull it together but I am here and happy.

The Meme is hysterical. I loved Jack Black in Nacho Libre.

QOTD: Probably my Bestie she and I would figure out how to get all the free stuff they offer as in swag Where DH would be freaking out. DH is an ask for Permission I am an ask for forgiveness.

Accountability: I don't think I did half bad seeing it was an all inclusive and I ate and drank so much crap my body is not used to. But I was very conscious of my water intake and my vitamins.

TSS: 2 years 1 Month 30 days 139.4 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato w/Miralax and Fiber

MS: Oikos triple zero lemon pie some peanuts and an elevation bar.

L: Jimmy Dean Eggwich Aldi single serve chicken salad

D: Shrimp Santorini

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a one a day multivitamin I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been good. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day.

Exercise: Not tonight I have Dinner planned with support friends tonight.

Everybody have a week!

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 330 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 330 views