What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Partlypollyanna
on 2/10/20 5:31 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I still never dry my tops, convinced that the will shrink. Because it was shrinkage and not my belly that caused them to ride up before! The dryer was always to blame!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 2/10/20 9:56 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Monday everyone.

I'm in a lot of pain today. I've cried a few times. Ugh.

i have to go to the obgyn here in about 20 minutes. Not really looking forward to it as I'd rather take a nap. I ate some not so great for me things yesterday and on top of pain my stomach was really upset...all night.

trying a modified keto. Also anti-inflammatory type foods.

Au_Contraire
on 2/10/20 12:03 pm

Hope you soon feel better!

Emiepie
on 2/10/20 12:18 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Take care of yourself.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 2/10/20 5:32 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Your neuro appt is next week, right? Hoping you are a pain reduced as possible until

then!

Jen

Au_Contraire
on 2/10/20 12:26 pm

Hi you guys! Happy Monday!

Astonishingly, the sun is shining! Maybe I can actually wear some of my gorgeous suede boots today, though I'll have to carefully avoid the ubiquitous PNW mud!

QOTD: I love dressing up and am a bonafide clotheshorse, so I would love attending the Oscars even just for the opportunity to glam it up! I would ask my oldest friend to go with me. She actually moves in those circles and would know all of the nominees, etc., or at least she would know who they are. I don't pay too much attention to actors in general. I believe that some are likely quite fine people, but others are not. This they have in common with all people, of course, but wealth and fame really can add steroids to any existing character defects. Plus if someone is a truly good, charismatic actor, you will never know who they actually are unless they drop the mask. I had a negative experience many years ago with someone like this, and ever since I have had a less beglamored reaction to actors, and think of them more as people who for whatever reason crave incredible levels of attention. Their glamor is fun and beautiful, it's just not necessarily at all reflective of who they are inside. But I still enjoy their work and am not as judgemental as I may sound, just aware. Plus I really do love stories, good movies, beauty, and gorgeous clothing, etc.

First: several huge mugs of tea

B: tuna packet, hard boiled egg

L: roast beast

D: (SF) bbq chicken, salad greens

Have a wonderful Monday, my friends!

JB1114
on 2/10/20 1:10 pm - Grain Valley, MO

Beautiful day here but is supposed to get very cold tomorrow then warm up again. Our weather is crazy. Never know what to wear.

QOTD: As I was reading thru all the responses I thought I must be the only one not interested in going, but I see a few that are like me. I have zero interest in the Oscars and haven't seen any of the movies nominated. Usually, if a movie gets an Oscar, I won't like it. I don't like crowds so I wouldn't like going.

I decided today to focus on more protein and lower carbs. The 3 weeks before joining WW online I focused on bariatric eating and did really well staying away from carbs. Then, I saw some you being successful with WW and thought I should join. I think WW is one of the best program but I am tired of tracking every morsel of food I eat. I've been doing WW since before most of you were born. Never got to goal and WLS has been the only thing that has allowed me to get a huge chunk of weight off and be able to wear the same clothes year after year. I know I need to track my food but I don't want to be obsessed with it.

I shopped at Sprout's yesterday and stocked up on fresh veggies and fruit. I found a snack I really like. I had looked at it previously but seeing as it is 8 WW points didn't buy it. It's Dietz Nuts Meat Bites, 16 g protein, 6 g sugar, 6 carbs, 0 fiber and 250 calories. It's kind of like jerky.

Eats today:

Crack an Egg

Big Train/Click shake (Walmart.com has Big Train for less than Amazon and Netrition.com)

Diets Nuts Meat Bites

Spinach salad w/turkey, cheese, boiled egg

Greek yogurt; tangelo

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Partlypollyanna
on 2/10/20 5:35 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Do you not track when you're not doing WW? Is it more sticking to bariateic program (high protein, low carb) foods? I'm curious because everyone seems to find what works for them in maintenance so one of the benefits of the menu thread is hearing all the options!

Jen

JB1114
on 2/11/20 3:22 pm - Grain Valley, MO

I do track when I'm not doing WWs, but I don't do it every meal, every day. Coming here is helping me by seeing what others eat plus I don't want to eat something shouldn't have if I'm posting my menu.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

lynnc99
on 2/10/20 3:04 pm

Good weekend here....a little quiet and snowy. Prepping now for hubby to spend a week with his mom down in NC and help her with some things. She and his step dad lost everything (and I mean everything) in the 2018 California wild fires, so we helped them relocate closer to one of their sons We said "You can live in NC, or you can live in Michigan...." and they really didn't want our brand of winter.

Today I worked on a church related project and making a few spreadsheets. Right now I'm taking a break and sipping on an orange spice herbal tea. We took a little spin around the nearby mall, and I tested my knee scooter there. It was a good change of scene, and there are nice skylights that let a lot of sunshine in! That said - the knee scooter can be a little scary if you really get rolling! I have to practice the brakes!

Todays meals:

B: 3 eggs with 1 tbsp bacon crumbles - I'm not a bacon fan but hubby cooked and threw them in.

L: Protein shake (actually around 2:30 pm)

D: Subway 6" turkey sub with tomato, spinach, and green pepper.

Snacks: 1 nectarine, 1 orange, 1 light and fit yogurt (my daily "dessert" and I love their flavors these days).

Water and some nice herbal teas as well!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 476 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 440 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 382 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 105 views
Forum Search Error & 404