What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 2/15/20 2:17 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Gooooood morning, weekend gang!

Heehee, this is exactly what my QOTD was all about yesterday. Coffee is my go-to for everything!

I have no idea why I have been up for hours. We got home late (for me, anyway!) last night and I really thought I would sleep in, but I have been wide awake since 2:30am. I am mostly annoyed because I don't want to eat anything before the weigh in today, haha. I am going at 6:30am as soon as they open!

I had a very nice time on our Valentine's date. The restaurant was really nice! Grim got a steak, and I had sea scallops over risotto (which I skipped) and 2 pieces of bacon. I also had 2 glasses of the yummiest Rose wine :) Grim was so sweet and had some art prints I bought a year ago framed for me. I am excited to find a place to hang them this weekend!

Here is a pic of me in my new dress for date night:

Accountability: I had 3 small piece of dark chocolate, 3 little sugar cookies, and 2 glasses of wine, sooooo... I definitely went over my points by a little for the day but I ended the week with 23 rollover points that I hadn't used, so I am hopeful that weigh in will be good today.

QOTD: Do you watch any weight-loss related shows? I used to watch The Biggest Loser and I am sort of interested in seeing the new season that started back up. I know it isn't realistic or sustainable, but I still find it inspiring. I don'****ch any of the 600lb life shows or other ones like that... I only ever saw one episode and I found it too exploitive. I am sure they aren't all like that, but it turned me off. The only other one that I watched was on Netflix and it was about bypass patients in New Zealand. I thought it was really good, but I don't think they ever ever gave us another season.

Exercise: Hoping for the energy and enthusiasm to spend a good amount of time on the bike and elliptical machine today!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 2/15/20 3:56 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning!! Sorry you are up too early, I woke up at 421 thinking it must be around 7, lol. I'm drinking coffee and enjoying the very early morning.

qotd - nope, I've watched a couple of episodes of my 600 lb life post op but never before. I might see if Netflix still has the one you mention though!

Today I'm meeting some girlfriends at our fabulous downtown bookshop and then having lunch at my favorite diner. I need to do some laundry too.

menu today thinking cottage cheese with .5 oz hazel nuts for breakfast, I will either have a bunless burger or an omelette for lunch, and something light for dinner, plus a L&F greek in the evening.

have a great day

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/15/20 4:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You look beautiful Julia! I'm glad you had a good time.

We went to a friends for yummy scallops and salad last night. No wine or dessert consumed!

QOTD: I have watched a few 600 pound shows and a few of another show filmed in England which probably was originally on BBC. I agree with you on the former show. The other one was much better but I just fell off on watching it.

Same menu as yesterday because I substituted when we went to our friends:

TSS: 3 years, 10.5 months

B: Eggs, salsa, and coffee

L: Sliced chicken and laughing cow cheese wedge

D: Shrimp and broccoli

S: guacamole and a few good thins, cooked apples or blueberry compote with Greek yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Grim_Traveller
on 2/16/20 6:18 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Isn't she gorgeous?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Au_Contraire
on 2/15/20 5:07 am, edited 2/14/20 9:09 pm

Hello my RnY kindred! Happy Saturday!

JB, you look adorable!

Mia, my blind and pretty much deaf Siamese, woke me up half an hour ago, letting me know - quite insistently, and at the top of her voice - that she was feeling a bit peckish. The volume of that little cat (she's only 5.5 pounds) is not to be believed, and definitely not to be slept through! I know some of you are early risers by nature, but for me, 4 am is morning only in the most technical sense!

A man I really like and hadn't heard from for a long time called me to wish me a happy Valentine's Day. I was all set to grumble my way through the day, making snarky comments about Hallmark holidays and sadistic little cherubs, but with that call the whole world looked rosy! Really, it doesn't take much to lift my spirits!

I indulged myself this week and bought four beautiful cashmere sweaters at an end of season sale. All have boatnecks and 3/4 sleeves. I got yet another black one, one is a beautiful cream, one is a dreamy lavender blue, and the fourth is a grey and black floral on an ivory ground. They are gorgeous and so fabulously soft! There weren't any wrap sweaters or V-necks left in colors I favor, or I'd have done more damage to my clothing budget. But as is, I'm unapologetic!

QOTD: Not really. I've watched a few episodes of My 600-pound Life, but found that to be exploitive as well. I especially objected to the humiliating bathing and dressing scenes. Let them have a little dignity, for crying out loud. I don't like Biggest Loser either, but for a different reason. I'll look to see if I can find the New Zealand show on Netflix though!

First: a few huge mugs of that delicious, mellow French Vanilla coffee from Dunkin' Donuts. I like how it doesn't immediately attack me, unlike Starbucks!

B: tuna, HB egg, a tiny bit of zero cal/zero carb dressing

L: salmon with lemon and capers

D: I'm going to make some beef bourguinon.

S: tuna, if needed

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!

catwoman7
on 2/15/20 6:43 am, edited 2/14/20 11:19 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm so glad you're back (most days, anyway!). I've missed your writing style!! (well, and you too, of course - but I love your writing!)

re: Starbucks - I can't drink it, either. I might as well be drinking battery acid. I don't know what the hell they do with it, but whatever it is, my system rebels!

(edited to add that you're back most days - not that I'm glad most days. I'm ALWAYS glad whenever I see a post from you!!)

Au_Contraire
on 2/15/20 4:09 pm

Thank you so much! I'm very happy to be here!

peachpie
on 2/15/20 5:17 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Hi weekenders! Glad you enjoyed your date JB! We went to a concert last night- we had amazing seats. Not front row- actually towards the back but it was a balcony type area with nice chairs instead of the typical folding seats, and only 1 other couple was in the space. Lots of people asked how we got the seats- they complained the rows we're so cramped. Well worth it, and a great show to boot.

No run for me today- it's to cold outside. If my son goes to the gym later I'll go with him, I've been Interested in doing the rower, but can't fit it into my normal routine. Other wise I'll take today as a rest today. Looking at from last night's pics I was taken back my how solid/muscular I looked- trending towards not looking feminine IMO. I think I'm more critical cause I'm carrying 10# I'd rather not have.

today I just have to take my son to get a book for a project and work get some supplies at staples for a something I'm working on. Zippo plans otherwise. I'm off Monday and then again on Wednesday, when I'll have some fitness testing done.

qotd: my son really like the new biggest loser, so I watch it with him. I like these trainers on this season, and watching it give me new fitness ideas. I never really watched the show before, nor am I rooting for anyone in particular. I still watch my 600# life- but am not as fanatical as I used to be. I've lost interest quickly in many episodes.

accountability: my struggle for the start of 2020 has been cookies. (Damn girl scouts!) but at least I got past the donut obsession. Hubby got me chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine's Day-- my guilty pleasure.

menu today- so unsure, here are my options available to me, m#2 is the only certainty.

m1: I'd prefer to start with just a protein shake but none are cold. I have leftovers from a diner but that is all carbs.

m2: salad, chicken chunks

m3/4: pulled chicken or chili

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/15/20 8:09 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I thought you looked fabulous in your pics on FB - definitely feminine (and muscular in a good way).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Erin T.
on 2/15/20 6:45 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I've been up since 5am but laid in bed forever because my daughter had a sleepover and they were on the pull out in the living room and I didn't want to wake them up while I got coffee. Lord only knows when they went to sleep.

QOTD: I used to watch Biggest Loser, but now I think it's dangerous and will no longer watch. There are too many candidates who have come out as gaining all the weight back or developing eating disorders. I have watched all of My 600lb Life, which I watched while recovering from VSG actually. I haven'****ched anything recently.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x3
  • English Muffin, Egg, Cheese, Bacon & Strawberries
  • Turkey & Cheese w/ Cucumber
  • Steak, Cilantro Lime Rice, Roasted Broccoli

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 489 views