What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Greateight
on 2/15/20 6:53 am, edited 2/14/20 11:06 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Glad it's the weekend. I woke up way too early. When I got up i learned that my IPAD updated its operating system in the middle of the night. One of the consequences of that was that apps that had been open for years now needed to be signed into. With passwords that, of course, I don't know. So I was up on my computer signing up for new passwords. I have no idea why some of these things even have passwords. Is someone really going to break into my house so that they can sneak into Nom Nom Paleo and look at all of the recipes?

So, I went to Nieman Marcus to get Marilyn a valentine yesterday and asked the workers if they had chocolates. They start showing me these chocolate lipstick applicators. They even took them out of the box to show me that the bottoms of the applicators were copper colored and each lipstick was a different color chocolate. The whole time that they are showing me this I am wondering "Do they think that I am married to an eleven year old." Fortunately, I was able to find something more age appropriate and spare myself from having to drive 25 miles each way to go to the mall that had a Godiva store.

Today we are going into Chicago to take my son out for his 18th Birthday. He chose Wahlburgers which is a burger place owned by the Actor and his family. It's OK, but probably not worth the traffic.

Other than that its gym and I may stay and attend a gymnastics class depending upon how crowded it is. I don't really qualify for the beginner class because I can't get into a handstand yet. But if its not too crowded, I will attend anyways. I'm sure they will take my money. Marilyn's tennis trip to Florida inspired her to look for rentals for next winter, so I am going to do that when we return from Chicago.

Marilyn also wants me to print out my Dead & Company tickets today so that I don't lose them.

QOTD: I know the family of a couple that were on Biggest Loser and actually won it one year. You guys already know what happened afterwards. I've watched it a few times the past but I'm not a regular. Haven'****ched 600 pound life.

Breakfast: bagel

Snack: protein bar

Lunch: hamburger

Snack: going to try none

Dinner: brisket

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 2/15/20 8:56 am
RNY on 02/14/18

How cool that you are giving gymnastics a try!! That is awesome!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 2/15/20 7:03 am - Amarillo, TX

JB you look beautiful!

I had a rough night so today will be sure to drag on. I'm hoping for a nap!

Not much planned today. I have to go pick up a prescription and get a few things at Walmart.

qotd:I've never watched any of them.

b:Jimmy dean delights breakfast bowl

s:pork rinds

l:hard boiled egg, cheese stick and protein crisp

s:plain Greek yogurt and mixed berries

d:???

catwoman7
on 2/15/20 7:10 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Sounds like a lot of us had semi-sleepless nights last night. Me too. I got up around 2:30 with some painful intestinal cramps and I'm not sure if I ever really got back to sleep. Maybe a little light dozing here and there once the pain subsided. Not sure what was going on, but I should probably lay off the fiber for a couple of days!

I was going to go to Zumba at 9:30 this morning, but maybe I'll skip it given the G/I issue. I don't want to aggravate things again or have to run out of class halfway through. I can always go over to the gym later and just do the elliptical or bike for awhile. Too bad because I overate yesterday and I was looking forward to really torching some calories this weekend (there's always tomorrow, though...). And of course, eating lightly.

Accountability: I should have never gone to that open house thing yesterday afternoon with my friend. I really didn't want to go in the first place - first, it was too cold, second, I knew there would be food there, and I wasn't sure if I could control myself. I started with the fruit & raw veggies, which was fine. But then I had a big piece of cake, some cheese, and a small plateful of those Gardetto things. UGH!!! I think I just have to avoid these types of things whenever possible until I'm back in control again. If I hadn't gone, this would have never happened. I don't know how I had such resolve that first year after surgery! Oh well - all I can do at this point is get back to it today...

QOTD: I've watched "My 600 lb Life" a few times, but I'm not a fan. First, it's exploitative, as others have mentioned. It's also very formulaic, so it gets boring really quickly. And although it's exposed more people to WLS, which hopefully has helped to lessen the stigma, I think it gives people some really weird ideas and expectations. Like I can't tell you how many newbies I've come across who think they've failed if they haven't lost at least 30 lbs the first month post-op. Also, where in the hell do they find these people? I swear half these people are nuts and/or have some MAJOR issues. I guess it juices up the ratings. More "normal" MO/SMO people would probably be boring. On a personal note, I thought when I started the bariatric program that I would be one of the smallest people in my cohort. Nope - I was the biggest. I'm sure that idea came from "My 600 lb Life" - that all bariatric patients weigh like 800 lbs. I've worked with pre-op groups for the last three years. I would say about 10-15% probably weigh over 300. And I don't think I've ever seen anyone who was likely more than 450-ish - and there's MAYBE only one in every group who's that size. I've never seen ANYONE out of the hundreds of patients I've seen who was anywhere near the size of the people on My 600 lb Life. So there's that, too. And I'm not the only one - I've seen postings here and there over the years from people who weigh like 220 or 230 lbs who question whether they're "big enough" for WLS - probably because they've seen the types of people who are on My 600 lb Life. Anyway, sorry to go on and on, but I have some real issues with that show.

I'm going to the last two regular UW women's hockey games today and tomorrow - fortunately with a skinny friend who does NOT get popcorn there (unlike DH!), so I should be safe... I have GOT to stay in control this weekend since I had a couple of iffy days last week.

4 years 8 months out:

B: 2 chaffles with 1/2 C fruit compote and 1/2 C plain Greek yogurt, coffee with half & half

MS: Fit Frappe

L: 2 Costco chicken skewers, salad with light dressing

D: probably the same as lunch

have a great day, everyone!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/15/20 8:14 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I made strawberry compote - it came out really good. I can't wait to have it with some yogurt.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 2/15/20 8:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I LOVE that one! I make it all the time in the summer. Although I'm starting to see reasonably-priced strawberries again in the grocery store, so they must be in season (somewhere!) again - I'll pick some up this week and make compote out of them, too!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/15/20 9:50 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

They are in season here, which is why they were inexpensive. The strawberry festival is in 12 days.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

karenp8
on 2/15/20 7:13 am - Brighton, IL

Love the dress,JB! Miss Lily and I did brave the 21 degree feels like 8 because of the bitter wind weather and did our regular 3.7 miles. She was a wild woman since she only got a bit over 2 miles yesterday in 3 short walks. It was almost a run this am. QOTD I have seen quite a few episodes of 600 pound life. I usually end up feeling embarrassed at the lack of privacy and mad at the numerous family members who enable them and bring them food. I really wonder how many actually keep the weight off. Have a huge amount of laundry to do and packing to get ready to leave tomorrow for 2 weeks. Will be a busy day. Lily and I will do another short walk before supper. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday but I had salmon for dinner instead of an omelet. It was delicious and weight is 120.2 today. Here's the food plan for today B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3 oz leftover salmon D 3-4 oz baked cod. Have a wonderful day full of healthy choices everyone! Time for my first of many cups of regular or decaf coffee. I hate Starbucks too--just tastes burnt. Favorites are Dunkin Donuts or Caribou.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/15/20 8:18 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You must have a very regular system Karen. I am always amazed at how little your weight varies (other than the very small regain you had, then lost). My weight has always bounced around like crazy, varying by 3-4 pounds within a few days even during maintenance.

karenp8
on 2/15/20 2:52 pm - Brighton, IL

With 7 years of practice and many foods I eat frequently I've gotten good at balancing them to maintain at consistent weight. Weighing and recording every si gel day keeps me on top of it and ac c ountable. I don't mind the lack of variety most times and that seems to be what works for me.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 225 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views
Recent Topics