What's on your Sunday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 2/16/20 3:40 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi Everyone! Hope you all had a nice Saturday :) I started yesterday with a spectacular weigh in. I surprised myself with a 2.6lb loss! So I'm just a hair under 4lbs in 2 weeks. Yay!

I woke up to a PANIC situation this morning. My turned on my Keurig and it made a terrible growl and refused to give me coffee. I considered going to a 24 hour Walmart, but I fed the cats and went back to bed for a few hours. I finally got up and fiddled with it for awhile, and after 6 tries, it finally gave me coffee. I plan to go get a new one today, though.

I am off to a baby shower this morning for Grim's friend's daughter. No boys allowed so I am on my own for this one. I will only know two people in the room besides the mother to be, and I have heard there is "assigned seating" so I am not sure if I will have fun. Its sure to be lovely, though--that's for sure! She has very good taste :)

Accountability: Well, after my big loss, I indulged in some chocolate cake that Grim got us for Valentines Day (but I make him wait to eat it until after weigh in, lol). And I finished my leftover scallops and risotto, so it was a high point day. But at least I got my exercise in!

QOTD: Did you have a wedding or baby shower? Was it traditional or did you do something different? I haven't had my own for either, but I have thrown my fair share of wedding and baby showers over the years. I always execute how the bride or mother to be want, of course... I feel like most have been very traditional with the silly games and only women allowed, etc. But the ones when it has been more relaxed tended to be more fun for the guests, I think. Grim's quote of the week was, "Any time in the future that someone asks me why men are superior to women, I will just say: 'Diaper Raffle'." Hahahahaha, fair.

Since I don't have a clue what is on the menu at the shower, I am not logging lunch yet, and I need to figure out what protein will go with dinner, because I need to go shopping, so this is a pretty incomplete menu... I'll make good choices though--that weight loss was inspiring and I want to keep going :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 2/16/20 5:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

wow - congrats on the weight loss, JB - that is really inspiring!! It seems like so many people are on the WW bandwagon right now - and it sounds like the new program is great! I'm still thinking of joining...

I met a friend for tea last night. She's been thinking about WLS for years but hasn't done anything toward it yet. She's really concerned about the loose skin and hair loss. I've talked to pre-op groups monthly for the last three years, and I KNOW someone will ALWAYS ask those about those. Why are pre-ops so hung up on these? To the point where it keeps some of them from having WLS? It's such a minor issue in the grand scheme of things and in retrospect, such a ridiculous thing to waste brain cells on (because, granted, I worried about those as well - but not to the point where it kept me from getting WLS). ARRRGGGHH!! Oh well, people do have to be in the right mindset to be successful at this, so if those fears are really consuming them, then maybe they're not mentally "there" yet.

today DH, MIL, and a friend are having lunch at an Indian place (buffet - yikes - I REALLY need to be careful), and then going to yet another hockey game. The last regular one of the season (after this, it's just finals). Before that I'm meeting with someone about some kind of volunteer hour banking program (where you can "bank" hours that you volunteer and then either get volunteer assistance later yourself if needed (using your "banked" hours) or donate your banked hours to a charity. Figured I might as well do it since I'm doing volunteer work ANYWAY.

accountability was fabulous yesterday. After two not-so-great days, I was really happy to be 100% on track again yesterday!

QOTD: never had my own showers because we didn't have a wedding (we just went to the court house...) and we don't have any children. To be honest, I really despise both types of showers, especially if they're traditional. Wedding ones just remind me about traditional weddings - with the same old/same old rituals and the gobs of money people spend on these one-day affairs (i.e. weddings). And baby showers - ick. People sit around talking about things like changing diapers. These parties are slightly better when they're co-ed, but not much. I just avoid them if possible and, if not possible, suffer through them. Sorry to be a scrooge, but....glad it's not me going!

4 years 8 months out:

B: protein pancakes with 1/2 C plain Greek yogurt and 1/2 C homemade blueberry compote

MS: coffee with half & half (meeting that volunteer banking agency person at a coffee place in an hour). Maybe a Fit Frappe if this meeting gets done in time

L: Indian buffet

D: two Costco chicken skewers, maybe a side salad with light dressing

have a great day, everyone!

Queen JB
on 2/16/20 6:15 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ha, I know. My thought pre-op was, "So... I might have a really good reason to get plastic surgery? Sign me up."

I'll report back on this baby shower. I think it is going to be as traditional as the 1950s. I'm quite sure I will be engaged in some sort of blindfolded diapering contest before the day ends...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 2/16/20 8:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15

blindfolded diapering contest - LOL!! Glad I'm not there!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/16/20 9:05 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Sometimes I think people just use excuses because they are either afraid of the surgery or afraid of giving up the eating that they love. I have a very overweight friend with some serious health problems due to his weight. After I had WLS, he said he thought I was "too thin" and it would be better to "diet naturally". Since then he has been on numerous diets because his doctor has told him he must lose weight and every time he ends up heavier. According to his wife the PCP has talked to him about Bariatric surgery. I think he is in the class of people who likes to eat what he eats and drink his beer and isn't willing to give it up. IMHO

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/16/20 12:28 pm

I think you sumed that perfectly.

" I think he is in the class of people who likes to eat what he eats and drink his beer and isn?t willing to give it up"

I know a bunch of people who don't like how much they weigh, and how they look, but they like their foods and drinks more.

Watching some couples cam bd really sad. I.e. they both need to change what and how much they eat, and one party gets really dedicated while the other pretends to follow it, or flatly refuses to do it. Or couples where the man is overusing to the woman, being her food police, and calling her fat, while himself looks horrible and is not healthy.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

momyshaver
on 2/17/20 3:27 am
VSG on 06/28/17

This post sums up so many feels for me. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this.

Greateight
on 2/16/20 6:03 am, edited 2/15/20 10:08 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Congratulations on the weight loss, JB. We had a nice day going into Chicago. We did go to Wahlburgers and it was good. Then we went to the Starbucks reserve roasters. It's a five story Starbucks on Michigan Avenue where Crate and Barrell used to be. We tasted this whiskey barrel coffee that was really good. They store the beans in old Bourbon barrels and it really picks up the flavor.

When we got through that we had a nice surprise $56 for parking. We did get to snake up and around 12 floors in a super tight spiral, so there is that.

I think that today will be a low key day. If Marilyn and my son go to play tennis, I may go and lounge in the pool while they are playing. Otherwise a few odds and ends.

QOTD: Don't have much shower game.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: protein bar

Lunch: Brisket

snack: pudding

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Patty R.
on 2/16/20 1:19 pm - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

you did say $56.00 for parking. I hope that was a really good burger and one hell of a good cup of coffee!! LOL

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

Greateight
on 2/16/20 1:42 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

I know, we could have got a burger in the suburbs for free parking and 2 hours less driving.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 489 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 344 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 429 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 100 views
Recent Topics