What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 2/18/20 5:43 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I am sorry you are still having such pain Melody, I wish I could help. I do think you need to recognize that you are being very mindful and it is a great step forward that poor eating only affects you and being mad at the world only keeps your rage & anger alive (been there done that myself so I am speaking from experience!!!).

Yes please work on loving yourself, forgiving yourself, being kind to yourself. Your OH family loves you and we are all routing for you! Feel better

Your menu looks awesome, where did you get the popcorners protein crisps? They sound yummy!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Melody P.
on 2/18/20 6:27 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you so much! Yes anger gets us nowhere except spiraling down and down.

I got the crisps at sams. You can get them on Online too. They are a little high in carbs but they really hit my chips craving. They are 90 calories, 12 carbs(4 fiber and 2 added sugar for the BBQ ones I have) and 10 protein for 23 crisp. They have two other flavors that I haven't tried. Today I'm going to bag em up in to individual servings. That should help with mindless eating out of the bag. I've found pork rinds tend to make me a wee bit sick so they are a no go for me.

thanks again :)

Daisydoo02
on 2/18/20 6:38 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thanks for the recommendation. I have had the Quest Protein chips which I like as well. They are really expensive here in Canada so I rarely get them but they are good. Great idea on bagging them up into individual portion sizes!

Teenie
on 2/18/20 7:04 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I am watching my DH go through the same things you are I wish he could see the light like you did yesterday. Glad to hear you recognise your imperfections and have a plan to work on them. We are all rooting for you.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 2/18/20 5:33 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thank you! Hope your DH comes around soon!

Laura in Texas
on 2/18/20 12:20 pm

Melody, please be kind to yourself!! And that includes eating well!! I know Hala has posted a lot about how certain foods can cause inflammation. Eating the wrong things may be adding to your pain.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Melody P.
on 2/18/20 5:34 pm - Amarillo, TX

Hala has been a great wealth of information and has shared so very kindly with me.

I'm a work in progress and thank you for the kind words!

Melody P.
on 2/18/20 5:41 pm - Amarillo, TX

For those that might read this kind of buried reply. Thanks!

they canceled my injection due to the insurance denying it. Just last week they approved. I wish to God I hadn't had to reschedule. Now since I'm having surgery they won't try to reschedule me. So while I may of missed the side-effects of steroids I will also miss any relief it might of helped with. Two long ass months with nothing more than tramadol & Tylenol as of right now. I am calling in the morning to see what if anything they'll do. I am worried about reactions with my mental health drugs to try a lot of other stuff. The pain management clinic does drug testing. Going to see my psychiatrist tomorrow and I'm going to ask about interactions.

I've had more than a few anxiety & panic attacks tonight. I'm overwhelmed mentally and will try and drug myself up tonight(if you can even call it that) to go to bed early....I'll be up before midnight but some relief is better than nothing.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/18/20 5:54 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I'm sure that's frustrating, especially since you had psyched yourself up to deal with the negative impacts.

If you're open to alternatives, see if you can try acupuncture or biofeedback? I don't have extreme pain like you do, so I know it's a very different scenario, but I get a lot of relief from acupuncture.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 2/18/20 11:33 pm - Amarillo, TX

I don't know if I can afford acupuncture but I will look into it! I'm hoping they can give me something that I can at least take at night to help me sleep. I'll be calling first thing after the pain management clinic opens. I can deal with daytime stuff somewhat but the night...its just overwhelming.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 398 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 253 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics