What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 2/19/20 1:59 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone! I am not feeling like these sexy veggies... :( Remember how yesterday I felt like I wanted to crawl back into bed? By noon I realized that I had a fever. I just had the sniffles and a headache, so not awful, just very blah and feeling run down. I couldn't catch a train until 3:43 so I ended up only leaving an hour early but it was still nice to come home and collapse.

I feel a little better this morning, so I can't decide whether to go in or not. I could meet all of my deadlines from home, but we don't have a work from home policy, so I would have to work all day and still take a sick day, which blows.

VACATION UPDATE!!: Thanks for all of your suggestions! I think we decided to fly into Savannah, spend a few days exploring there, and taking the ferry to Hilton Head and spend the rest of the week there :) Ooh, if I stay home today I could actually book the whole trip... hmmm.

Accountability: Great! And by some sort of miracle my weight is down some more this morning, even after Monday when I went way over my points. Another reason to go in to the office is because I am a billion times more accountable when I pack my food and leave, than when I am home and can graze.

QOTD: Without using numbers describe your age using two objects. I am Commodore 64 and Palm Pilot years old!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 2/19/20 2:12 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Ugh, sorry you are feeling bad. I vote stay home and either tell them you want credit for working or take an actual sick day. I am so tired of people forcing themselves to work through illnesss (and spreading it to others) because companies (and govt) can't get with the modern program. Take care of yourself!!
I could keep ranting but you aren't feeling well and that's mean.

Consider the off road Segway tour through Bonaventure Cemetery while you are in Savannah (and if you haven't read Midnight in the Garden Of Good and Evil, it's a good one).

Qotd - I am party line and Betamax vs VHS old.

One more day of consultants and an eye doctor appt after work. I did get to use my new snowblower yesterday before work! That was fun! Might get to use it again today. I thin the excitement will wear off but it was so fast and quite. I need to adjust the part where the snow shoots out though -- it's not quite high enough.

menu today will be coffee and tea all day, plus 4 oz ever roast deli chicken, cottage cheese and a L&F, I'll need to make something dinner like in there too but no idea what.

have a great day, feel better JB!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 2/19/20 3:18 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Well I've decided to go in but I'm driving so that I can make a quick escape if I need to. I really do feel better...I just with I could have a do-over for yesterday. Poor Grim got it though. He's sneezing and sniffly, now. :(

I love Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil! It's one of the reasons I've always wanted to go there. Plus two good friends from elementary school who got married to each other (aww!) live nearby now and I'm really excited to visit with them.

I used a snowblower just once and it was way too powerful for me. It dragged me around and I felt like I couldn't steer it! I was expecting a work out from pushing, but instead I got a cardio workout from chasing the thing!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 2/19/20 3:44 am, edited 2/18/20 7:45 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

You are tiny though, you don't have enough counterweight/levarage against the motor! The one that I got was recommended by several of the ladies in my neighborhood -- it's only about 30 lbs, battery operated so not as powerful as some of the gas ones but I can move it around easily!

That will be a lovely and warm vacation! Hope you and Grim both get to feeling better!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 2/19/20 4:08 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Not Grim too?! Feel better guys.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Emiepie
on 2/19/20 4:09 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You've got snow and I have high temps over 70, crazy weather.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Daisydoo02
on 2/19/20 5:03 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

yay for snow blowing! I think they are one of the best inventions ever because they can be used by pretty much anyone. Hope all goes well at the eye doctor.

I agree 1000% on people need to stay home when you are sick and not be made to feel bad about it and more companies need to have better sick time polices.

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Teenie
on 2/19/20 6:53 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Snow? YOu too! Yeah none here in Pittsburgh. Hmmmm Maybe next week fingers crossed.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

MadisonRose
on 2/19/20 3:41 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! I'm still half asleep and running late so another quick post.

QOTD: I'll have to come back to this.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: turkey and cheese roll up

D: leftover salmon and veggies

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

momyshaver
on 2/19/20 3:48 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Sorry to hear your household got hit with something. It seems inevitable if you are working or out right now. I am glad you are feeling a little better but I really dislike workplaces that contribute to the spread of illness by making employees feel like they have to come in when they aren't feeling well, (especially food service workers or employees that have high contact with other people but I digress). You sound like you are doing great with WW. It does feel like some routines and days lend themselves to feeling more structured and on program so at least with work there is that. Glad you are at least driving so you can head out if you start to feel poorly again.

QOTD - hmm, that is a hard one. I guess I am Rainbow Brite and rotary phone old =) I could think of so many other things with all the changes over the last 20 years alone. It really is mind blowing.

WW is going well for me. It is helping me think about my relationship with food, activity and my body in a different way. I think I am changing my focus from weight loss to tracking healthy habits in the app to see what happens. I am not at the lowest weight for my range but I feel like if I go much lower I will look a bit ill again. I don't want to gain much more if any, so I am going to see if I can juggle healthy habits and maintain. That is a scary feeling. Weight loss and weight gain are easy but maintaining just feels like something that is more out of my control if that makes sense :/ I enjoy how WW syncs with my fitbit for activity points. I wish there were a program for bariatric patients that was like WW that did that; however, I sort of like how WW does it too because it reminds me that we are all just people with different needs and not forever "bariatric patients", (even though yes our needs will probably always be a bit personalized to our surgeries).

meals will be coffee/protein shake, oatmeal with pb2, maybe a turkey cheese roll up and some cottage cheese tonight or soft scrambled eggs, (I want to try chopping some canned asparagus in mine to see if it is good or gross), depending on the kids and how I feel by dinner.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 469 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 412 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 420 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 10 replies · 46 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?