What's on your Sunday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 2/23/20 4:17 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning everyone!

I had a nice day yesterday :) I squeaked through my weigh in with a tiny loss (phew!) and then came home and was very productive. I did a ton of cleaning and focused on throwing things out that are no longer "sparking joy" and/or are taking up space for no reason (like do I really need 87 bottles of tiny shampoo for traveling?...no!). Then we had a few friends come over, went out to dinner, and we finished planning our vaca! Woot! And to top it all off, I actually slept well last night. Weekends FTW!

I have very little going on today. It's another gorgeous spring day so I want to drag Grim out for a long long long walk. I might try to convince him to go on an adventure and go somewhere new for this walk.

Accountability: It was National Margarita Day. I celebrated.

QOTD: Do you have a green thumb? My thumbs are BLACK. I can't grow anything, but I have been considering buying one of those indoor aero herb garden systems with lights.

Grim is downstairs cooking bacon right now!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 2/23/20 4:25 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Sunday morning.

I'm in pain This morning hence being up since 5...blah blah blah.

we have to go grocery shopping today and restock on a lot of things. Fun fun. I also need a new water filtering pitcher.

other than that not much planned. Hoping for a nap!

qotd:I don't have the chance to know since our cats always destroy anything that even looks like a plant. I'd say I'd probably be a black thumb too.

b:PP shake

s:?

l:PP shake

s:cheese stick

d:undetermined as of yet frozen meal.

have a great day everyone!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/23/20 5:16 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

That's great that Spring is showing up some in the Northeast. Today is supposed to be beautiful here, but I have to wait to go anywhere until my garbage disposal is replaced this morning. Either pool or beach, I think. Maybe the dog beach with Justice?

Yesterday I finished housecleaning here and finished the last of the slip covers for my chairs. I need to figure out a new project! Hmmm...

I am very excited to be only 3 pounds above my personal WLS goal this morning which I haven't been below since 2/3/2019 (my surgeon's was the top of BMI). I'd love to be there by my 4th surgiversary at the end of March, but I should be flirting with it regardless.

QOTD: Nope - I even let fake plants get overly dusty...

TSS: 3 years, 11 months

B: Eggs and salsa, coffee

L: Sliced Ever Roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Air fried cod and veggies (or final portion of leftover Thai food supplemented with shrimp)

S: blueberry lemon pie, yogurt with strawberry compote

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 2/23/20 6:12 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well I blew it yesterday. I had my 1500 kcal all planned out beforehand and was perfect until after dinner - but my MIL was at our house (for dinner), and I stupidly pulled out some ice cream for dessert. And ate a bowl of it. So I ended the day with 1900 kcal (my maintenance range is 1500-1700). I did an hour of Zumba yesterday afternoon so I most likely worked it off (or at least down to the high end of my maintenance range), but still - I've been trying so hard to stay at or around 1500 all week and have been REALLY good about it. ARRGGHH! Today the gang (DH, MIL, DM, and my sister) want to meet for brunch. I'm tempted to just stay home - but maybe I can go and just get coffee. That screws up lunch somewhat because I'm sure we'll be there until 1:00 or so - but I can take a protein bar with me and eat that - for lunch. Otherwise I'm afraid if we don't get home until 1:30-ish, I'll be famished - which means a risk of overdoing it. UGH...why does life get in the way of my eating plans???

QOTD: nope - I kill pretty much everything. Fortunately I have a cover - my cats eat pretty much everything, so I can't have plants ANYWAY.

4 years 8 months out:

B: protein pancakes with 1/2 C plain Greek yogurt and 1/2 C blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: Fit Frappe (maybe I can sneak this into the coffee shop and drink it while the others are eating...)

L: protein bar (??)

AS: I'm going to need a lot more protein today to get to my 100 g - so maybe turkey slices??

D: I'll make an Indian curry with sauteed vegetables and paneer (no rice)

ex: probably not today -- but if so, yoga

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Queen JB
on 2/23/20 6:53 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Having a work schedule is basically the only thing that keeps me from going off the rails. I feel like every weekend I end up with a situation like you are describing with life plans interrupting diet plans. I love having a full and happy life with plans and friends but it's hard to be vigilant when you can't control restaurants and timing!

karenp8
on 2/23/20 6:35 am - Brighton, IL

Beautiful morning here in the cornfields of Illinois and Miss Lily and I have 2.4 miles in already. We'll do another 2.4 miles and another short walk later. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday as I kept myself busy knitting. Even hit my fluid goal and weight is 120.4. QOTD black thumb but have a biologist son whose specialty is plants to do my gardening. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3 oz chicken salad D 4 oz onion burger with cheese no bun. Have a good day full of smart and healthy choices everyone!

Patty R.
on 2/23/20 6:51 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Good Morning!!

Yay for new plans and weight loss!!!

Hopefully with the warmer temps, my Dad will agree to open the windows in his bedroom to air it out, the dust has triggered my asthma. He wants to clear things out but then can't bear to part with any of any of Mom's things.

QOTD: Gardening has been my stress relief for years, I think I successfully transfered it to apartment living--so far, so good.

Enjoy the warmer weather New England, you know Mother Nature is a fickle ***** she's not done with us yet!

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

Queen JB
on 2/23/20 6:55 am
RNY on 07/20/15

It might hit 60 tomorrow!

Patty R.
on 2/23/20 9:08 am, edited 2/23/20 1:11 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

March has been known to be a snowy month in our parts, but with January having the highest record temps around the world, since record keeping began, who knows. As a life long New Englander, I miss the snow, I don't mind driving in it and it doesn't keep be house bound.

*updade on dad and open windows 1st request a resounding NO, will try later...

edit for speling

Laura in Texas
on 2/23/20 6:58 am

QOTD: Sometimes I have a green thumb and then other times everything dies. I think I get distracted sometimes

The past 2 weeks I have been in a stall from eating too much. I have not gained, but have not lost (I have just been feeling blah). Yesterday I got back on track. I am still doing WW. I have lost 12 with 18 more to go. I will get there. I am determined.

Today I need to get things done around the house. I was going to take my daughter to the Texas A&M- Auburn girls basketball game, but for my mental health, I need to stay home and get things done. I am having hernia surgery in 2 weeks and want to get things done before then. Next weekend we will go to the Houston-UConn girls game.

Hsppy Sunday, everyone!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 466 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 380 views