Liquids Chest pain Throw up repeat

sleeved524
on 2/23/20 10:02 am
RNY on 01/30/20 with

hi All

it started yesterday out of the blue... I cant keep liquids down...I drink then it feels like its stuck in my chest and it hurts so I have to stick my finger down my throat to throw it up just thick clear comes out and of course my side pain hurts as hell when straining to through up//

I thought because I have the sniffles and I started to cough I was getting sick and maybe just needed to just relax and have something hot ... got up right before sleeping to throw up it did it again while drinking hot tea so after throwing up I just said forget it and go to sleep I slept very well didn't get up at all felt great when I opened my eyes until hubby brought me my coffee well it doing it again im 3 weeks out and now I cant even keep water down /liquids down

Melody P.
on 2/23/20 10:21 am - Amarillo, TX

Call your surgeon! I am not a medical professional but if the office has a doctor on call that'd be the best option.

sleeved524
on 2/23/20 11:46 am
RNY on 01/30/20 with

thanks Melody,

I called my surgeons office so im waiting for them to call me back so if I have to go to hospital to take a xray or get iv for dehydration I can .. or know before I go because I live in another state and I rather go to the hospital where I had my surgery and the state that my doctors office is at..?

peachpie
on 2/23/20 10:48 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Sounds like a stricture, call your surgeon

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

sleeved524
on 2/23/20 11:19 am
RNY on 01/30/20 with

thank you but what is a stricture?

peachpie
on 2/23/20 11:49 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

It's usually a narrowing that forms (from scar tissue I think) that will not allow food/liquid to pass. Pretty common, surprised your doc didn't explain it as a possibility. Would have to be opened up by the doc in a a procedure. (The name escapes me).

sleeved524
on 2/23/20 12:18 pm
RNY on 01/30/20 with

ok thank you all for responding so quickly,

I just received call from Dr. Ewings partner who is on call and he told me to take omeprazole to heal the stomach (should have been taking since surgery) he said its probably just irritated but to only drink clear liquid broth water like the first day of surgery nothing else all day and Gatorade.. and come in to docs office tomorrow if im still not holding water down... does not want me to get dehydrated so he stressed nothing but clear water broth ect to stay hydrated.. no need to come to hospital. thanks all again im sipping on water verrrryyyyyyy slowly.. I just toook an omerprazole he said on an empty stomach duhhhhh I haven't eaten anything...lol. if it does continue and I need to come to office then my doc will order an upper GI series to go do and do ....I will keep you all posted..

sip sip sip !

peachpie
on 2/23/20 1:14 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

His advice sounds reasonable. I didn't have to take omperazole, after surgery, but I did have to take something else, for the purpose of healing the stomach/preventing ulcers. I can't remember what is was called, but it was prescribed. But your a revision, so the omperazole makes sense. follow his instructions, and monitor closely how you respond. this will be a distant memory in no time.

sleeved524
on 2/23/20 1:21 pm
RNY on 01/30/20 with

thank you peachpie...yes he said Prilosec Nexium omeprazole yes all to help heal stomach and was wondering why hospital didn't give me those instructions on my discharge.. maybe they did and I didn't read everything...

so far so good though im sipping on Pedialyte and goal to finish this 33.8 fl oz by bedtime if not more hubby brought me 2 lolol..

sleeved524
on 2/23/20 1:17 pm
RNY on 01/30/20 with

update! hubby brought me 33 oz bottle of Pedialyte (2) so far its staying down maybe the omeprazole is working also??

goal is to finish the whole bottle by the rest of the evening!

I have a slight headache hubby brought me liquid Tylenol too so I might take that if headache gets worse.

thanks all again!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 529 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 126 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 326 views