What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 2/29/20 4:30 am, edited 2/29/20 4:39 am
RNY on 07/20/15

This made me laugh because the other day I was at a CVS in downtown Boston and they actually had the beef jerky under lock and key. Apparently there are a lot of carb conscious petty-thieves in Boston, lol.

I ended up going to the doctor and have a prescription for an antibiotic and doctor's orders to stay off of my feet for the weekend. Noooo problem! I have a plan to stay on the couch and do some binge watching. I have heard good things about the new Harlan Coben series on Netflix, The Stranger.

Accountability: Yay for staying on track with food and points! ...but I am skipping my weigh in this morning to stay off my foot.

QOTD: What is the dumbest way you have injured yourself? I felt like such an idiot telling the doctor that my cat attacked my foot badly enough to need an antibiotic... Bad kitty.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/29/20 4:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am glad you saw the doctor. I probably would have done the soaking and ended up at the doctor anyway.

QOTD: I fell backwards and ended up sitting in a waste basket at work many, many years ago. I was in my early 20's and a bunch of us were shooting rubber bands at each other. My move to avoid one caused the waste basket "injury". Speaking of injuries, SIL got disoriented this morning, went into the living room instead of the bathroom, had a dizzy spell and fell. I ran in when I heard the crash. Luckily she just banged her knee, but because she is on an anticoagulant she is going to have one heck of a bruise.

TSS: 3 years, 11 months

B: coffee, WW one point muffin and blueberries

L: Sliced Ever Roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Leftover sushi from last night (it was yum...)

S: blueberry lemon pie, yogurt with strawberry compote

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Queen JB
on 2/29/20 7:04 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Oh dear, glad SIL is okay but that must have been scary!

I love the waste basket story. I can see myself in that exact spot, lol.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 2/29/20 6:33 am - Brighton, IL

Very quick post as I'm doing laundry,cleaning sinks and toilet and packing to head home when hubby wakes. Miss Lily and I have 2.5 miles in and will do more later at home. QOTD feel backwards trying to yank open a stuck door and landed hard on my left butt cheek. It swelled and had a nasty bruise for 11/2 months. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.4. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 2 protein pancakes with sugar free syrup D 4 oz pork tenderloin. Have s great day full of smart choices everyone! Later!

MadisonRose
on 2/29/20 7:30 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! It's been a blah week for me. I've been having tummy issues, being extra bloated and craving foods I shouldn't have. I'm also up 3 pounds and have been sitting at this weight for the past few days and I know it's because it's that time of month again, but nonetheless, I freak out everytime.

QOTD: About 5 years ago I was home recovering from ovarian surgery to remove a cyst. I was just chilling on the couch when out of the corner of my eye I saw this huge spider crawling across my living room floor right towards me and my bare feet! Now I'm deathly afraid of those things! So my natural instinct was to jump up and run! However, I didn't realize that my foot had fallen asleep so when I got up to run I twisted it in a weird way and all my weight fell onto my ankle. Ended up twisting my ankle. I don't know what was more painful....my ankle or having to explain to the ER doctor how it happened.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda and sugar free creamer

L: L&F yogurt and a banana

D: leftover sushi most likely

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Melody P.
on 2/29/20 7:42 am - Amarillo, TX

Beef jerky, at least the good stuff is pretty expensive!

not much going on today. My brother is coming over with his kids so that's about it.

i slept very little last night and was in a lot of pain. I should be used to it by now but alas I am not. Had a few spells when I cried. They had prescribed burns around yesterday and my sinuses are paying a price today. Supposed to be up to 70 something today with higher winds.

qotd:I have so many! I once dropped a frozen HUGE brisket on the top of my foot, breaking a few bones. I also ended up getting blood poisoning from a cut on my finger from opening an otter pop with a steak knife. Most recently was last July, falling and hurting my back more so. I tried to catch myself then blacked out. Fun times...LOL

catwoman7
on 2/29/20 8:36 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

a friend texted me this morning to see if I wanted to go to the sunrise yoga class with her, so I went. I let my membership expire back in December so I haven't gone in ages (I went as my friend's guest today), but it was so great to be back that I'm considering re-joining. If there are at least two classes a week that I'll go to regularly, it's worth getting a membership (the friend only has a limited number of guest passes, so I can't go with her too often...). They do have yoga at my gym and the original plan was to go to them instead of continuing with my expensive yoga studio membership, but the gym only has one yoga class a day (and not every day - maybe five days a week?), and the timing of that one class/day doesn't always work for me. The studio, on the other hand, usually has 6+ classes a day. So I'll think about it (again....).

not much on the agenda today other than going to this soup fundraiser at one of the high schools. You get to pick out a ceramic bowl to keep, too (made by the pottery students). They'll have about a half dozen different soups, plus salad and dessert. I'll stick to soup and salad...

Accountability was very good yesterday

QOTD: a couple of times one or the other of us has ended up in the ER because we've been bitten by one of the cats - while brushing him!

4 years 8 months out:

B: protein shake, coffee with half & half

MS: protein pancakes with 1/3 C plain Greek yogurt and 1/2 C blueberry compote (I flipflopped my usual snack and breakfast because of the yoga class - and the fact we're going to the soup thing until 1:00 - so...late lunch...)

L: soup and salad

AS: homemade pumpkin yogurt with 1/4 C Trader Joe's High Fiber cereal - or else L&F yogurt with raspberries

D: 2 Costco chicken skewers. And if I have enough calories left, then maybe a salad with light dressing

have a great day, everyone!

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/29/20 10:08 am, edited 2/29/20 2:08 am

Any cat bite - scratch has to be taken seriously. You never know if it's nothing or it can develop into a serious infection. I hope you have current tetanus shot. Wood working and cats - 2 reasons to have that valid. I'm against most vaccines, except the ones and can be very dangerous if not prevented.

Having a cat - I made sure I have a valid tetanus shot. They are good for app 8 years. My cat was in-outdoor, so I felt it was critical. I get often scratched by our bcat Emma, she loves to play rough, and unfortunately I thought her that. Seriously. She was the most gentle cat I ever been around and I was scared someone would try to hurt her and she wouldn't defend herself. It took me 2-3 years to teach her it is ok to defend herself. BTW- when she gets too excited, I can still pick her up and hold her to calm her down. Unless she gets really upset about another stray cat outside the window. She is very very territorial.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Gohopchick
on 2/29/20 9:07 pm - United Kingdom

Happy to say regain still coming off and I feel so much friggin better when Im not eating sugar and not too many carbs!!! Need to remind myself daily how good this feels, especially when Im tempted. Im just amazed at 5 years out I still don't experience actual hunger...

Injuries? Massive thigh long bruises from my young and foolish days of whitewater canoeing training.

b. 2 poached eggs, roast veggies, soy latté

sn. Plain yogurt, berries and bran buds, soy latté

l. Salad and chicken

d. Chicken and roast veggies

tomorrow I go away for 5 days to a retreat centre and Im feeling anxious about getting the food I need to stay on track. Ive bought protein bars for snack times, and will chat with the kitchen folk when I arrive.

catwoman7
on 3/1/20 6:13 am
RNY on 06/03/15

good luck at the retreat. I can relate to that. It is so much easier to stay on my plan when I'm eating at home. I had such tremendous resolve that first year when I was in weight loss mode. I could go pretty much anywhere and stay on plan. It's a huge challenge now when I'm away from home :-(

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 287 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics