What's on your *Thursday* Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 3/19/20 2:06 am, edited 3/19/20 7:32 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yikes, I just had to check what day it was! Thursday, eh? What a long week... Yesterday was better for me though. I was a lot more productive at work and felt more comfortable with how to get work done in this "new normal". Today I have a billion video conferences which is good because it should feel more social. I think he hardest part is feeling isolated and lonely.

Accountability: I was perfect during the entire work day. Not one mid-day snack! It really helps that I am worried about running out of food, so I am sticking to plan. Change for dinner, though--Grim made us steak! I also had some popcorn after dinner. But I went for a 3 mile walk after work, which was awesome. I like the incentive to stop on time and move my body.

QOTD: Do you tend to live in the past, present or future? I used to struggle with anxiety and I found that I spent a lot of time reliving the past and worrying about the future. But for the last 10 years or so I have been able to stay in the present, and I am much happier.

STAY SAFE, EVERYONE!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Erin T.
on 3/19/20 2:49 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I haven't been sleeping well. My friend recommended a Yoga Nidra meditation last night and it seemed to help. I didn't sleep perfectly, but better than I have in about 10 days. In good news, work-from-home has been remarkably easy and productive to adjust to. There's certainly a lull in actual customer work to do, but it's not completely gone and it's giving me some time to work on required training I needed to do anyway.

QOTD: I struggle with anxiety that I'm sure is created by the past, but which I mostly focus on the future. I'm a control freak so worrying about the future feels like a coping mechanism to make sure it doesn't sneak up on me and bite me with something I didn't anticipate. That's made this whole pandemic thing interesting, given I have no basis for what it might be like.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x2
  • Egg, Sweet Potato
  • Turkey, Cheese, Olives
  • Lasagna

We ordered grocery delivery from Walmart yesterday and it was like playing the grocery lottery. There was about $25 worth of items that were simply out of stock and then a list of stuff they "substituted". I ordered a 3-pack of rapid rise yeast and they substituted 3 boxes of baking soda. Also, we ordered a 24-oz canister of quick grits and they gave us two boxes with 12-1oz packages each of instant grits. There were also substitutions in the order that they didn't even note, like we ordered a gallon of milk and they gave us (3) 1/2 gallons (why?!).

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Queen JB
on 3/19/20 8:53 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ha on your groceries. I told Whole Foods "no substitutions" and they literally canceled my order because there was nothing to bring.

MadisonRose
on 3/19/20 4:03 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! I am so ready for this week to be over. I am so exhausted. I love working from home, but I feel more stressed and like I'm in a crunch to get things done. Like when a system is down or not working properly I start to freak out because it slows me down on productivity. My mom came by yesterday and I about bit her poor head off because my stress level was through the roof. That is so not like me. Sigh....I need to get it together and stop worrying about every little thing so much. I'm tired of my stomach constantly being in knots.

QOTD: I have the bad habit of living in the past. I too suffer from extreme anxiety so I'm always looking back trying to figure out what I could have done differently.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: salad

D: salmon and broccoli

S: L&F yogurt w/banana

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Queen JB
on 3/19/20 8:54 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hang in there. Its a long week for everyone...

karenp8
on 3/19/20 4:13 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Another rainy/cloudy day here in Hot Springs. This is such a beautiful area of the country and I've taken pics for Friday,but I'd like to have 1 day where I could get pictures without fog. Just 1. Miss Lily and I got 2 long walks in yesterday even though we got wet in our evening one. We'll do our best to do the same today. Food was right on plan too,and weight is 120 today. QOTD mostly focus on the present. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 2 slices roast beef and 1 slice cheese D 4 oz of whatever protein hubby cooks. Have a wonderful day full of your best choices everyone!

Queen JB
on 3/19/20 8:55 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I'm looking forward to your pics. That's an areas that I have never been to!

supershopper
on 3/19/20 4:57 am

hi all- yes feels like a long long week also to me. Yesterday was a bit rough, anxiety was a bit up with all this uncertainty and now that I'm able to work from home officially now its like I don't want to?? I don't know what that is about.

Accountability: way less steps than usual and 2 servings of almonds last night. scale dropped this morning... so crazy

QOTD: I have obsessed about the past, how I was thinner after surgery and continually beat myself up on an hourly basis. how my situation are 'unacceptable' so a lesser person and a failure. ugh now I'm starting to be present instead and not listen to the voice...

Food plan today: its getting a little rough food wise. I suppose I will have to brave the store... all the delivery options have no appointments and honestly I'm stir crazy after 1 day...

B: cauli protein pancakes

S: TBD

L: chicken patty made from canned chicken and seasonings? veggies

S: TBD

D: not sure on this also- I have chicken in freezer and a ham bone- so maybe chicken?

S:TBD

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Partlypollyanna
on 3/19/20 5:35 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I was reading something yesterday that said to expect to feel a bit discombobulated with the abrupt switch to WFH. Just because you might be used to it as needed doesn't mean that you aren't a bit put off by the big change. One thing it mentioned was trying to give yourself a bit of a ramp period vs trying to maximize the time.

also, all those "when so and so was in quarantine, they did x" posts should kiss my butt (that's me paraphrasing the article).

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Greateight
on 3/19/20 6:00 am, edited 3/18/20 11:38 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

We officially cancelled our Spring Break trip yesterday. We were still planning to go because we were driving, renting a house on VRBO, and touring outdoor Civil War battle sites. It seemed like social distancing, but just in a different state. But yesterday, we saw that the Shiloh and Corinth sites were closed, so we went ahead and rescheduled to June. Hopefully that will be an option. For our trip to Portugal in July we have decided that our trip as a group will be rescheduled. That is a relief to me because I am now de-coupled from the decisions of the other group members. We are going to wait a month to decide what to do with our trip. If it is looking better in a month from now we may still go to Europe, but on a different trip. Otherwise, we will just join the others in re-scheduling for 2021.

Yesterday afternoon, Marilyn attended a conference call organized by our financial advisers dealing with the medical aspects of the Coronavirus. She said that, although the speakers were very well credentialed, the advice that they gave was the same as everybody else is saying: stay inside, eat well and get plenty of rest.

Our trainers had an interesting theory yesterday - that for the average person quarantine will actually make them more healthy because they will eat at home and, out of boredom, go outside and walk/cycle at least somewhat.

QOTD: I tend to think a lot about the future, and have to remind myself not to wish my life away. I am terrible about keeping up past friendships

Too much snacking yesterday.

Breakfast: Sausage and cottage cheese

snack: Protein bar

Lunch: hamburger

Snack: orage

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 410 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 420 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 101 views
Forum Search Error & 404