What's on your (PHOTO FRIDAY) Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 3/20/20 2:03 am, edited 3/20/20 4:07 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Look at me...knowing what day it is! :) I mean, I guess it's Fri-YAY, but why does it even matter? It will be hard not to have a clear delineation between a work day and weekend. Yesterday was my first day of really feeling incredibly bored. But it was cold and rainy, so that didn't help. Today its supposed to get up into the low 70s with spotty showers, so hopefully I can get outside a little bit when its not raining. I think that will help a lot.

It's Photo Friday! Let's see your faces, today!

This is me with my new trusty assistant, Fezzik! He loves that I am home and has been less than an inch away from me for the last 3 days. Not a flattering pic of me, tho--bad angle, yikes!

Accountability: Good-ish. I discovered the Nutella, but I limited myself to just a slight spread on my toast. I tracked it and stayed within my points. I also did an hour on the stationary bike. I haven't checked out the free Peloton app trial yet, but I think I will try it this weekend :)

Actual conversation I had with Grim last night:

Me: I am not tired enough to go to bed... I didn't do enough today to make myself tired.

Grim: Go so some exercise before bed, then.

Me: Shut up.

QOTD: List out some ideas for things to do inside (besides eat, read, sleep & watch tv!) that we can do if we are bored.

• Take language lessons
  • Crafting
  • Cook "difficult" recipes that I don't usually have time for--I'm looking a you, Martha Stewart!
  • Home Mani-Pedis
  • Virtual Museum tours
  • Clean out a closet
  • Youtube workouts & free Peleton app
  • Organize photos & albums (printed and digital)
  • Call an old friend
  • I'm thinking about signing up for MasterClass.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 3/20/20 2:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning JB! I've been up since before 2...I've had coffee, watched Top Chef, balanced my checkbook, ordered hair color (they closed hair salons until April 30 yesterday)..and I'm STILL going to have time to get an elliptical session in before I do my 6:00 conference call.

I will take responsibility for them closing the hair salons, yesterday I asked one of my male colleagues why it appeared all the men had left their hairbrushes outside isolation. Karma sometime****s fast!

Accountability wasn't great yesterday, I think I'm going to go back to an eating schedule like I had post op, just a bit more structure would be good I think. I am tired these days, it's mental exhaustion not physical for sure. I think next week will be better, less change/less getting ready for change re Covid....and I hope fewer meetings on that topic!

Menu

4 oz ever roast deli chicken and .8 oz slice cheddar

Carbmaster cottage cheese

1 oz pepperoni, 3oz cheddar

half and half in my coffee

Light and fit X 2

1065/98/33

To keep some structure in my days, I have set a project a weekend. I really want to re-organize the garage but I think that will have to wait til next week, too cold. This weekend I'm going to go through all the bathroom cabinets and drawers and re organize/get rid of stuff. I am not super diligent about cleaning out aged makeup, but I noticed that I have two eye shadows that I remember buying in 2012 so it's time. (Sadly, I LOVED those two and the line discontinued them which is why I haven't gotten rid of them before).

To get some distinction in the days, I am going to try really hard to stay offline on the weekends too. Not sure how that will go, I think it might feel even more isolating so may not be the best idea. We'll see.

QOTD - JB, I don't have the link handy but I know there's one going around that lists a bunch of free college courses; maybe something there for you. I am looking forward to some of those virtual museum tours!

Let me add

Puzzles,

Adult Coloring Books,

hand/foot moisturizing masks (it's not like we have anywhere to go!)

reorganize books (I am out of bookshelf space)

read the millions of magazines that I have stacked up

plant something

Digital backups/dedups

Try some keto baking

my photo is from 3 weeks ago...feels like 3 months - it was during a break in our off-roading while in the DR. Vacation feels so long ago and I am so happy to have gotten it in before all the cancellations.

Have a great Friday and weekend everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 3/20/20 4:11 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Great list and awesome pic!

Sheila_H
on 3/20/20 7:06 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Vacation pics look like they happened another lifetime. Looking good.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 3/20/20 7:54 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

We did luck out on our vacations. I think it is making all this much easier since I had that week to decompress.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 3/20/20 3:01 am, edited 3/19/20 8:12 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I went to Dick's Sporting Goods yesterday. It feels like being part of a drug deal. The store is closed, but you can order online and pick up your equipment at the curbside. Basically, you drive into an empty parking lot and call into the store on your cell phone. Then the employees furtively come out with your goods and put them into your car and you can drive away.

I was kind of thinking the same thing about delineating between weekdays and weekends, but I think that emails, calls, etc. will be very limited over the weekend as people are worn out from their first week of working from home.

By and large, I have not followed Jen's advice about dress and grooming. On good days, I am dressed like a high school gym teacher. let's not even talk about the bad days.

I was also thinking about projects that need to be done around the house. The vast majority of our house has siding, but there is a small part that is painted. Like the doors that I re-finished last summer, the paint has years and years of coats and could really stand to be taken back down to the wood and re-painted. The rest of the house could stand to be pressure washed. The problem is that its still pretty cold here. Yesterday was 60 and rainy, but today it is right back in the low thirties.

Marilyn has been madly scrapbooking and is caught up through 2017. Yesterday was good on accountability, I need to start stringing together a number of good days.

QOTD: Practice Double unders.

Photo Friday - trying to grow toilet paper from seed

Breakfast: Chaffles

snack: Protein Bar

Lunch: Mahi Mahi Burger

Snack: Orange

Dinner: Pizza

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Queen JB
on 3/20/20 4:09 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ha love that meme. I finished a roll yesterday and gasped a little. One of my quarantine goals was to stay hydrated while home, but I'm starting to regret it.

Teenie
on 3/20/20 8:00 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

OMG the T P growing does it really work? I think you got me convinced to break out the Jump rope thanks for planting that seed.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/20/20 9:12 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Grim_Traveller
on 3/20/20 3:55 am
RNY on 08/21/12

If this goes on long enough, we will know what everyone's actual hair color is. And I will likely have a man bun.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics