What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 3/21/20 6:14 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning my friends. Late start for me this morning--I joined my WW meeting virtually first thing, then spent an hour talking to my mom. The virtual meeting was funny--a bunch of 80 year old women trying to figure out Zoom. The first 7 minutes was just our leader going "I don't know how to work this thing" in a strong Boston accent. Comedy gold.

Accountability: Good day! Stayed on track. I need to spend some time today reorganizing the fridge by expiration date again so that I can be sure not to waste anything.

QOTD: WW meeting had an interesting question this morning. While all of this "new normal" is happening, are you trying to stick to your original goals, or are you making new goals to reflect your new lifestyle? I think I am staying on with my original goals and hoping my new lifestyle will help me in achieving them. But lots of people in the group were like--"nope I am throwing every plan I had out, and starting from scratch!".

My menu has a soft pretzel because I think I am going to try making them, homemade today from an Alton Brown recipe! I was pleasantly surprised to see they are relatively low in points for what they are :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/21/20 6:34 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I think the WW virtual meetings will get better as people get used to the technology. As I mentioned the other day I was amazed at how smoothly mine went at 9:30 am on Thursday especially since that was the first time for everyone.

Not doing much here! The beaches and the restaurants have now closed down. I may go to Walmart for a couple of things and will walk Justice, but that is about it.

QOTD: As far as health/weightloss goes my goals are the same. My life goals are too I guess (I am reformulating them anyway after DH's death). I suppose some short-term goals are probably getting pushed aside (like travels in the next few months), but that isn't a big deal.

TSS: 3 years, 11.5 months

B: Coffee! WW zero point pancake

L: Sliced Ever Roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Leftover WW 1 point bolognese and cauliflower rice

S: blueberry lemon pie, yogurt with strawberry compote, and/or WW 1 point muffin with blueberry compote

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 3/21/20 6:35 am, edited 3/20/20 11:36 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

This social isolation and being cooped up in my house was starting to get to me last night. Feeling it again this morning. It's really cold out today, but maybe DH and I can go out for a walk later just to get out of the house. A friend was supposed to come over tonight for take-out, but she's having second thoughts about being around people. I told her I was fine with our plans - but if she's not, then I totally understand. Maybe if that's the case, we can go over to MIL's apartment again tonight. I'm not sure I'm liking this "new normal", but it is what it is. I'm compliant and will continue to be.

accountability was great yesterday - I actually ate UNDER my range and did a strength-training video I found on youtube, but my weight still hasn't budged. I'm feeling really stuffed for some reason, too (???). Maybe I'm backed up a bit? Not sure. It certainly wasn't from my food intake yesterday - or the last few days, either. So frustrating...

QOTD: I haven't changed anything other than I'm exercising at home now rather than at my gym.

B: chaffle topped with plain Greek yogurt and blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

S1: protein shake

L: pulled chicken with BBQ sauce, asparagus

S2: protein pumpkin pie

D: depends on if my friend comes over, we go to MIL's, or we eat in. If we eat in, I might make this chicken chipotle taco recipe that I found on NYT's cooking site the other day, I have all the ingredients including a pack of those 6" corn tortilla

ex: some kind of cardio. Maybe one of the dance videos that Sheila found on youtube.

have a great day, all!

karenp8
on 3/21/20 7:00 am - Brighton, IL

Still here in Arkansas at present but if Illinois tightens up their borders we'll be headed home. We're sheltered up here with people who show no symptoms and have been isolated here nearly 3 weeks. We can be home in 7 hours too if we need to get back there. Miss Lily and I have an hour walk in already and will do another one later too. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.2 today. QOTD my goals have stayed the same. The way I see it,life will always throw us struggles and curveballs and I can't use that as an excuse to not care about my health. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c white chili D 4 oz shrimp. Lots of coffee and water too. Have a wonderful day full of great choices everyone!

MadisonRose
on 3/21/20 7:19 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all. Went to the grocery store as soon as they opened this morning hoping to beat the crowds and get everything I needed. Well the joke was on me because apparently everyone had the same idea. They were still out of most things. So wasn't a successful trip. Oh well. I'm now at my parents house because I feel like I'm going crazy being cooped up at my place especially since I've been working from home all week.

QOTD: pretty much the same for me. Nothing has changed. Trying to keep on track with my diet.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

S: Greek yogurt fruit smoothie

L: L&F yogurt w/banana

D: not sure....probably keeping it light with some carrots and hummus and 1 babybel light cheese.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/21/20 7:29 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I went to the store at 10 here in Florida and it was mostly empty (of people and a few things like liquid soap and eggs). Maybe the crowds were out earlier???

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Greateight
on 3/21/20 7:23 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Thursday was the first day of Spring - I didn't realize that. it still feels like winter, here. Today we begin sheltering in place. I don't think it will be too much different for us as I was working from home and the boys were home from school. DD is at her boyfriends parents house avoiding the Chicago cold.

Crossfit closed yesterday until at least the April 8th. They did a program where everybody could sign out pieces of equipment for the next few weeks workouts which will be posted electronically. I was able to get a 45 pound dumbbell, a 35 pound kettle bell, a wall ball and slam ball. I need to put a new course of duct tape on the slam ball because I got the last one and its leaky.

We had friends over to watch The Last Waltz and drink wine last night. One of our friends said that any time she saw people in the movie singing close on a shared microphone, she would get nervous that they would catch coronavirus and had to keep reminding herself that it was filmed in 1976.

Poor Piglet.

QOTD: My answer is pretty close to JB's. Unless there is some super girlie reference in there that I missed out on. I'm not signing up for that

Breakfast: Protein Bar

Lunch: leftover Pizza

Dinner: Hamburger.

Have a great quarantine, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Patty R.
on 3/21/20 4:01 pm - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Melody P.
on 3/21/20 7:38 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Saturday everyone. Looks to be another long day.

I'm soooo tired this morning. Very little good sleep. I did have a dream about being a carnival worker...that was strange, to say the least.

I'm having issues with my stomach being slowed down from the Tylenol 3's. Even with taking stuff that's supposed to help with that. I need to up my water intake even more today. Very uncomfortable in that area.

qotd: just trying to hang on at this point.

b:oatmeal

l:crustless quiche

d:pp shake

s:???

Julia S.
on 3/21/20 10:38 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD-Trying to stay on track and not get too far away from what I should be doing.

No shelter-in order yet but I suspect it might come before the end of the weekend. I have been deemed essential so I either need to go to work or work from home. I'll probably go in at least on Monday. I need to go to the store and was thinking about going earlier but instead I've been reading Stephen King's Desperation and can't seem to put it down.

My BF works at an Eye Physicians and Surgeons and they have closed the office, so she is unemployed. She has sick time so will probably take that and then file for unemployment. I'm not sure if we will go to the barn this weekend or not.

My roommates start date for becoming a bus driver has been changed to April so he's still not working, and at times drives me crazy but I do love him so I'm trying to not let it get to me. He helps me settle down and keep from going so far off the deep end.

I hope everyone stays well, safe and sane. Have as good a day as you can!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 427 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 260 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 115 views