What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?
Morning everyone! Happy...Monday? The days are really blending together.
Today I have a few virtual meetings and I was good about not working at all this weekend, to "save" my work for today so that I can try to stay busy, but it getting harder and harder to keep myself occupied with work for 8 hours a day. Pretty soon principals will start submitting hires, and that will ramp things back up again, but for now things are really slow while we figure out a virtual hiring plan.
Accountability: Yesterday was not the best... Grim made chocolate chip cookies last night and I had two. Don't be too jealous--I was moaning with nausea for an hour afterwards. I WILL NEVER LEARN.
QOTD: Hit us with your silver linings from this quarantine!
- I love that I have a bunch of friends who are being really intentional about reaching out and making sure we stay connected--even friends who I don't talk to, regularly.
- I am taking the opportunity to clean and get organized
- I downloaded a Spanish Language learning app and I am going to start that this week
- I have exercised every single day and I earned an Apple Watch award for consistency
- High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
- High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
- Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
- Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
- CW: 130 and dropping... thank you Keto! (2020)
Happy Monday, here we go again! Not complaining, at least I can work from home, I know many that don't have the option!
QOTD - I am very organized and apparently will have lots of time to get even more so! I am getting a lot read as well!
Your meme is on point, as usual, I have a friend who is warning that the "quarantine fifteen" could be real! I plan on avoiding it and am weighing every day in support of that plan.
question for the hive mind -- what do you think about freezing ever roast? I'm thinking to freeze I might need to get it sliced versus shaved? Has anyone done it?
4 oz ever roast deli chicken, .8 oz cheddar slice
carbmaster cottage cheese
3 oz fontina cheese
half and half in my coffee
light and fit greek
have a great start to the week!
HW: 306 SW: 282 CW:144.8 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19), next goal - 132.9
on 3/23/20 6:16 am
I can't think of any reason not to freeze it- or freeze in 4 oz packages?
Not shaving too thin might help with it not drying out.
second you can create your own DIY vacuum seal by filling a bowl with hot tap water. Dip your bag of meat in unsealed just enough to force air out then seal. Do not dip below seal. Dry bag before you put in freezer.
Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014
Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16
#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets
I buy larger quantities of Ever Roast chicken when it is on sale and freeze it all the time. It is a little more moist when thawed but fine otherwise.
Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 121.4 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!
Morning! I'm going to get myself dressed in a few minutes and try getting to the grocery store when they open. We need a small handful of things and one of those is eggs which all the online services show as out of stock. My first meeting isn't until 9:30 so I have time to head over there this morning. Monday is full of meetings for me, which is good to keep me busy!
- Before COVID I had put intentional exercise on the back burner due to my hip, but since all this I've decided that some pain is better than feeling trapped constantly and have added 3-4 days per week of 3+ mile walks. I've been immensely enjoying them and the pain has been doable, but the biggest thing is my blood sugars are loving me for it and it's nice not to have that stress in addition to everything else.
- I've managed to read two books for fun in the last week. I normally only listen to audio books during the semester.
- We're getting take out 1-2 times per week from new local places we haven't yet tried. We always would write it off as either "not healthy enough" or "too expensive". But right now I care more about keeping local places in business than either of those things.
- I think my kids are seeing the value of school and activities already. Kid #1 has already completed everything but her social studies assignments for this entire week. They both have also been taking advantage of all the newly free online content like Rosetta Stone and playing educational games they have used in school - all without me needing to prod them to do so.
- Coffee w/ Cream x2
- Eggs, Cheese, Sausage, Toast
- Turkey, Cheese, Olives (or a salad if I can score some lettuce and cucumber at the grocery store!)
- Either Ham or Salmon, I took both out of the freezer, we'll see which one thaws first.
5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145
Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish
LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18
Good morning all! I too can barely keep up with the days. I've been bored out of my mind over the weekend. My eating over the the weekend was pure and utter crap. So this week it's back to my strict diet. No exceptions!
QOTD: Being able to work from home has lowered my stress level.....wasn't like this the first couple days because of system issues, but now that those are mostly out of the way I feel a bit more relaxed. It's also nice being able to spend more time with my cat. He suffers from separation anxiety and he's been a bit more calm now that I'm home and can give him more attention.
B: premier shake
B2: coffee w/Splenda
L: chicken breast deli meat with cheese roll up
D: salmon and veggies
S: L&F yogurt w/banana
Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19