What's everyone reading, watching, listening to?

Partlypollyanna
on 3/23/20 6:52 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I watched The Gulf and The Oslo Killings on Sundance Now; read A Conspiracy of Bones (latest Brennan book by Kathy Reichs) and Flstbroke with Two Goats (my pick for our April bookclub) and I finished up listening to Highway of Tears by Jessica McDairmid (audiobook) and a new CD by one of my favorites, William Topley and got through a couple of magazines. I also did a puzzle, first one since I was a kid, while listening to the audio book and had a couple of good phone calls -- because so many people are home right now!

What are you reading/watching/listening too? Help me plan my attack for next weekends lock in!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

NYMom222
on 3/23/20 7:38 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I read a review of a movie on HBO I want to watch called McMillions how this admin employee from McDonalds helped the FBI break a case were Mob was creating winning pieces for their Monopoly game they used to run.

just have to find someone with HBO account and use their password.

I have a book staring at me called

Daring Greatly by Brene Brown

laying on couch reading all posts on IG about doing in-home workouts, keeping a routine and all the comfort food recipes. Ha.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Partlypollyanna
on 3/23/20 11:36 am
RNY on 02/14/18

It was interesting, it's 6 parts I think and confirms that there are interesting characters everywhere!!!

Jen

ScaleSkater
on 3/23/20 9:07 am

Wow, I'm boring compared you both of you. I have just been catching up on my backlog of some weekly shows like SWAT ;)

Though I started watching Tommy new to CBS this year on On Demand. Sadly, I've been watching way too much news about the pandemic, so that needs to end.

I did watch a few movies I wanted to see - Hunter Killer was on Cable HBO or Epix, Stronger about the Boston Marathon bombing. I enjoyed both, though Stronger had some pretty sad moments.

I bought a few books right before this started and will try to get those open soon - USS Sea Wolf (50cents at a garage sale), but had great reviews on Amazon. So that is likely on my todos. I also want to read the books from the series Game of Thrones (got as a gift). I also got all the Girl with the Spider Tattoo books - so want to read those too.

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

dcbrown3
on 3/23/20 11:12 am

I love SWAT! I need to get caught up on that and Seal Team.

Partlypollyanna
on 3/23/20 11:38 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I have Hunter Killer (and Hobbes and Shaw) recorded; they seem like good escapist fare! I have read all the GoT books and wait relatively patiently for whenever the final two come out!

Jen

Dee_Caprini
on 3/23/20 10:24 am

I am catching up on great episodes of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood (lol) or anything on PBS Kids... I have 2 small kiddos and even I learn from the little life lessons within each episode. I have learned a great deal of patience during this time and have been very thankful that my kids are being entertained.

When the kids are napping, I usually am watching some crime shows that aren't appropriate for kids. A lot of those on Netflix or listening to my crime podcasts

We usually have mindless entertainment when we are making dinner (Masked Singer, Singing competition shows, Cooking shows, Ink Master).

Trying to keep busy!!! Laundry next!

Partlypollyanna
on 3/23/20 11:39 am
RNY on 02/14/18

What podcasts? I'm a regular listener to Crime Writers On and Casefile. I also listen to Southern Fried True Crime pretty regularly.

Jen

Dee_Caprini
on 3/23/20 3:19 pm

My Favorite Murder, Small Town Dicks (not sure if OH will let the word populate, so it's the slang for detectives), Jensen and Holes (The Murder Squad) and a good friend of mine, Eileen has her own Podcast called True Crime Girls. I need a little humor in such dark topics, so it breaks things up a bit but teaches me about ways to stay safe and informed, etc.

Partlypollyanna
on 3/23/20 5:46 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I've heard of small town dicks but haven't listened to it yet. Jensen and holes also worked on the golden state killer case right? That book is one of the few that has left me very paranoid for weeks!

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 542 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?