What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Melody P.
on 3/28/20 7:10 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Saturday morning.

i got a call from the hospital yesterday and my surgery is still on...for now. It was Pre-admit. I'm not getting my hopes up. As of right now there is no covid-19 patients at this certain hospital but that can change.

i'm in lots of pain atm. Had myself a good cry so now I have a headache too. Lol

qotd: I'm up a lot so I take sips due to dry mouth.

b:oatmeal with powdered peanut butter

l: turkey lunch meat and some roasted broccoli

d: might be soup...not sure yet

s: cheese and ???

Erin T.
on 3/28/20 7:17 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! It's supposed to be nearly 90 degrees here today. I'm so excited! I have plans to clean the fridge, read my book, and work on some homework assignments. I also need to go to work to grab my webcam because I have a certification exam to take Tuesday and it requires an external webcam. I'm going to try and stay away from social media as much as possible to give my brain a break. I think my quarantine eating habits have been better than when I was at work. I found myself wanting to nibble a lot or go get food/coffee because they are easily accessible. I was getting a latte about 3-4 times per week and weirdly I haven't really missed them in these last two weeks. I'm down about 2lbs since the start of all this, but honestly still in my normal bounce range, so it's not like I'm being more strict I guess. I realized looking at trend weight today that I've literally no been outside the same 2lb range in over 3 months (up or down). I guess this where my body wants to stay. My larger range tends to be about 6-8lbs.

QOTD: I do not ever consume anything over night. Not food, no****er, nothing. The idea of people waking up hungry has always baffled me. I have no interest, zero, in food from the moment I start getting sleepy.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x3
  • Egg, Sausage, Sweet Potato, Cheese Scramble
  • Cucumber, Turkey, Avocado, Cheese Whisps, Ranch
  • I think we're going to try a local co-op pick up meal for dinner. The one I think we'll choose is a whole chicken and sausage gumbo.

I'm hoping to get out for a nice long walk before it gets too hot.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

catwoman7
on 3/28/20 8:23 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I woke up with a horrible headache and was really congested to boot. It's almost gone now, thankfully. I think I should probably go back to using my wedge pillow (which I bought before I had plastic surgery a year ago and didn't give up until about a month ago). If nothing else, it might help keep the congestion down - because that's probably what caused that headache. Otherwise, we're doing OK here...

It's supposed to storm off and on all day, so probably no walking. Boo. That and going to the grocery store are the two things that are keeping me from going bonkers these days. I guess I'll just read today...or clean something if I'm motivated, which I'm not at the moment...

QOTD: no. I'm almost always up once or twice a night to use the bathroom, which is annoying as hell. I'm afraid drinking throughout the night would only add to that.

accountability was great yesterday. And it will be today, too!!!

4 years 9 months out:

B: protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: Fit Frappe

L: 1 C homemade asparagus soup and a salad with diced chicken breast and light dressing

AS: protein pumpkin pie or L&F yogurt with raspberries

D: either 2 chicken tacos or part of a frozen pizza with a cauliflower crust (not the best thing in the world, but it'll feel like a splurge - which I'm kind of needing right now because I'm feeling very trapped being stuck in the house all day!)

ex: I'll do weights in the basement if this headache goes completely away. I'm afraid doing it too soon will just start it up again

have a great day, everyone!

Sheila_H
on 3/28/20 8:25 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Weird for me to be on here on a Sat. But nowadays every day of the week seems the same and no extra plans for the weekend. Infact DH asked last night "so, what's the plan for the weekend?" And it was depressing to say nothing different than the rest of the week.

At the moment I am waiting for the rain to stop to get my run in. Thankfully where I run it doesn't get muddy much because the trees are so dense they act like a roof over the trail. It's supposed to stop around 10:00 am. But then again, I have all day, if not 10:00 I can do it later.

This self isolation has some silver lining. DS who just turned 18 has never cleaned his bathroom in all his life. We've always had a cleaning service. So yesterday, with my supervision he scrubbed his shower up and down, cleaned the toilet, the sink, the floors and then in his bedroom changed his sheets, dusted all the surfaces and vacuumed. When we were done (it took about 1.5 hours) he asked me how much the cleaners get paid. After some thought said 1) they should get paid more, this is heavy work 2) I'm lucky I have the option to go to school. TADA!! And with that aha moment he wiped 1.5 year of grumpiness and moodiness from my memory. He is still my moody teenager but I'm willing to claim him mine, at the moment.

QOTD: I don't get up in the middle of the night. If I'm up it's the opposite of need for drinking.

My meals yesterday:

• B: Protein coffee
  • L: 2 Costco chicken skewers + Fage yogurt
  • S: unplanned fudge brownie - my fault for baking it but I wanted Friday to be different.
  • D: Tuna + hb egg
  • E: 20 minutes cardio (elliptical) + 45 minutes strength training

Have a great weekend.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 3/28/20 12:15 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

That is a fantastic learning from this chaos!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

supershopper
on 3/28/20 8:33 am

Hi typing from phone so excuse the typos

ive been up since 8:30- kind of bored - on my second batch of coffee and I've had 17 Oz of water. I also have had protein pancakes for breakfast. Paying bills organizing clothes and then I think I'm talking a verrrrrry long walk at the high school maybe some jogging.

Made roasted chicken wings last night and then had a shake before bed

leftover chicken wings and veggies on menu

hopefully I can make some online clothes sales this weekend also!

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Laura in Texas
on 3/28/20 3:29 pm

Have you seen that weird fb ad for the mouth tape? I think it is supposed to stop dry mouth. I know I am a mouth breather at night. I thought about trying these strips but worry it would freak me out!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Queen JB
on 3/29/20 3:34 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Whaaaaa? Hahaha no, that was the first time I'd heard of those. Freaky!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 3/28/20 4:08 pm - Amarillo, TX

Just a quick note Or two and picture.

first up...my SIL gave my nephew a mullet. A freakin bad mullet. Poor kid. The party was not in the back!

I had to make my brother and his kids brownies. I had a small one and feel guilty but I'm proud of stopping at that.

the picture is how I feel about all of that and that my mom invited them over. Lots of washing of hands.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 325 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?