What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 4/2/20 1:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy "DAY" all. How's it going? I had another decent day. I find life is just a lot better when work is busy... I can't handle boring days and nights!

Not sure how the weather has been for you all, but its been raw and rainy in the 30s and 40s since Sunday, with more rain today. Ugh!!!! If I don't get outside soon I am going to get rickets! I need suuuuuunshine! I hear next week is going to be in the mid 50s--I can handle that! It can't come soon enough.

I know it's not Photo Friday, but I thought you guys might like to see how ALL of my zoom meetings looked yesterday. He is such a ham!

Accountability: Best day in a long time. I stuck perfectly to my planned menu, and the only treat I added was a Keto Cookie in the evening. It was terrible, so I don't even know why I ate the whole thing. I also spent about an hour on the stationary bike.

QOTD: Have you ever had an idea for an invention!? When I was a kid, I had the idea for ketchup to come plastic squeeze bottles--a million dollar idea! Now I have an idea for a drone that has a heater built in, that would hover over sidewalks and melt the ice. Grim says it is too impractical because the heater would be too heavy and the battery would run out in a under a minute, but I think it's brilliant :(

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

MadisonRose
on 4/2/20 3:45 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! I'm still half asleep as usual. So yesterday during our virtual meeting we were told by management that one of our coworkers who works directly with us in our office tested positive for the virus. Of course they couldn't tell us who it was so we have no way of knowing what kind of interactions we had with this person. We were told that she wasn't feeling well the last day we were all working in the office, but her doctor wouldn't test her and she didn't get tested until a week later and didn't get her results until four days after that. We were told that anyone who came into direct contact with her would be getting a call. Can't believe how crazy and close to home this thing has gotten. On another note it went from being warm and in the 80's here to being in the 40's this morning. Ugh!

QOTD: No, I can't think of anything at the moment, but this reminds me of one of my classes I took in high school where everyone had to come up with an invention and present it to the class. Some were pretty good, but some were just plain funny. Like this one boy brought in a spray bottle filled with water which he presented as "smart spray". Supposedly, if you spray it on someone who isn't so bright it will make them intelligent. He proceeded to demonstrate it on the teacher and just started spraying our teacher down with this water. Luckily this teacher had a sense of humor and grabbed the spray bottle from this student and began spraying him and all of us. The whole class was laughing hysterically. My invention back then was something silly like an all in one pen/pencil/marker contraption. I didn't put a lot of thought into mine. Lol

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: turkey breast lunch meat with cheese

D: salmon and veggies

S: L&F yogurt w/banana

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Sheila_H
on 4/2/20 7:28 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I hope your colleague is OK, and I hope your interactions with her were minimal.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

MadisonRose
on 4/2/20 10:07 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Thanks! We were told that they are doing well and recovering. This morning we found out there was another person in our office who may have the virus as well as they were still waiting on test results. Hoping that's not the case.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Grim_Traveller
on 4/2/20 4:06 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Ice melting drones would be great, as soon as we get cheap and unlimited power from dilithium crystals.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Maddymoe2
on 4/2/20 4:16 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was a good day. My son and I cleaned out my garden shed. He is afraid of spiders and I am afraid of snakes. We joked that we should just burn it down. I am hoping to get out for a walk today with the dogs. Its supposed to be 50 today with 50% chance of rain.

Accountability- I ate a oatmeal butterscotch cookie yesterday. I am not normally tempted by sweets. I didn't feel good after I ate it. I won't do that again.

QOTD- About 10 years ago, I had a great idea to make a refrigerated trunk and butter popcorn scented fabric softener. Who wouldn't like crawling into butter scented sheets after a long day!

Food for today-

Pepperino ham with 1 egg

Cauli rice mixture. ( Cauli rice, chicken sausage, artichoke hearts, red bell pepper, onion, cabbage) Trying to use random things from the fridge.

Something with chicken

Have a great day!

karenp8
on 4/2/20 4:48 am - Brighton, IL

Another clear day so far here in Arkansas and the temp is 51 with a high at 70 later. Miss Lily and I should have no problem getting in 2 good walks today. Accountability was perfect yesterday both food and stepwise and weight is 120 today. Spent the day cleaning and staining 6 swings yesterday and would like to get the other 12 done before the end of the day. These are newer and should not soak up as much stain as the first 6. We have poly to put over them too. We finished staining the 4 lifeguard chairs and returned them to the pool area too. QOTD nope. Never. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz crab salad D 4 oz grilled chicken. No snacks or extra bites here. Have a great day full of smart choices everyone! And have fun with whatever you are doing!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/2/20 4:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Sorry your weather is lousy. It certainly is nice to have the Florida sunshine and warmth. We are under Stay at Home orders now finally too, though it has been pretty much like that over the last few weeks in my quiet area of the state.

Today is my WW meeting day and probably ceiling fan cleaning day. With perhaps some driveway sitting in my bathing suit under a mister (since there is no beach or pool).

QOTD: Not really, though I used to wish someone would develop a device which automatically does all the dusting in the house. There are robot vacs, so why not an automatic duster - maybe with an in-house drone???

TSS: 4 years

B: Coffee! Eggs with black beans and salsa (and maybe cheese)

L: Sliced Ever Roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Either vegetarian chili or blackened fish if we get takeout (which we plan to do once a week at least)

S: blueberry lemon pie and/or yogurt with strawberry compote

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

NYMom222
on 4/2/20 6:47 am
RNY on 07/23/14

You are still having WW meetings?

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

karenp8
on 4/2/20 6:49 am - Brighton, IL

I think they are having virtual meetings now.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 377 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 385 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 335 views