What's on your Sunday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 4/5/20 3:11 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning people! How's it going? I am okay. I was sort of productive yesterday--I did a lot of cleaning in the morning, and I cut out patterns for about 20 face masks. I also did some cooking and meal planning for the whole week. I didn't get as crafty as I planned, but I will get there :)

Today I am probably going to drive over to see my parents. Last week when I was there I took my Dad's iPad to fix it and I want to bring it back. I won't go near them, though--they have an entryway that is separated from their living area and they can stay upstairs and they can chat to me from the balcony upstairs. I also hope to find a nice place to go for a walk around there (the live in the country!). Its finally going to be in the 50s, which is doable for a nice long walk. I just cannot handle being outside for long in temps lower than 55...

Accountability: Pretty good. I forgot about the giant pizza in our fridge, so I swapped out one of my meals for that, but stayed below my points.

QOTD: Do you like your handwriting? I used to have very nice handwriting, but since I type 99% of the time, I find that its getting messier and more like an unreadable scrawl every time I try! I wrote something out yesterday by hand and I was pretty horrified!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Erin T.
on 4/5/20 4:12 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I slept until the sun was coming up this morning, which is odd for me. I wish that meant I had a great night of sleep but my legs were restless and the dog was snoring loud enough to wake the dead. I must have just finally passed out hard enough to really sleep around 4am.

A neighbor is letting me borrow her extra sewing machine so I can crank out masks for our neighborhood. I got 7 of them completed yesterday and many more cut out. I will put together more of them today. I made an order for pick up at Joann's for some elastic and fabric, but it never processed yesterday and their phone was busy all day. We'll see if that goes through today. Otherwise, I've been scavenging elastic from our donate pile of clothes which has worked great. You can cut elastic lengthwise if you're super careful!

QOTD: It depends on the day. Some days I really like how it looks and some days I think it's terrible. I never love it, but I've had others tell me they love it.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x3
  • Egg, English Muffin, Back, Cheese
  • Turkey, Cucumber, Olives
  • Either Pulled Pork or Chicken - I took both out to thaw for the next couple of days.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Laura in Texas
on 4/5/20 7:16 am

Do you know anyone making surgical caps? My cousin is a nurse down in Florida and is looking for some for her coworkers.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Erin T.
on 4/5/20 7:30 am
VSG on 01/17/17

I do not. Maybe try Etsy? I found some masks on there before I found a sewing machine to borrow.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Patty R.
on 4/5/20 12:31 pm - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

I saw someone on Facebook substituting strips cut from an ace bandage for the elastic, if that helps.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/5/20 4:33 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Today is going to be cloudy with a little rain. We were going to take a drive, but I guess we will wait on that. Plenty of time to do that later. I may try to take in a couple of clothing items which I bought last year when I was heavier.

QOTD: My handwriting also used to be pretty good but has deteriorated probably due to lack of use and arthritis in my fingers. I find it easier to print than write now.

TSS: 4 years

B: Coffee! WW zero point pancake

L: Sliced Ever Roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Leftover grilled shrimp and broccoli (was on yesterday's plan but I substituted leftover chili)

S: blueberry lemon pie and/or yogurt with strawberry compote and/or WW one point blueberry muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Partlypollyanna
on 4/5/20 5:39 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Morning! Happy Sunday! I have to do a grocery run and porch drop for my mom, I'm looking forward to the drive and will be going the long way!

Yesterday we had a fun chat with friends on the Houseparty app, not as good as being together but better than nothing. I also made progress on some meal planning, two books and my puzzle and started watching a series on Prime called fortitude. I did watch Abducted in Plain Sight yesterday morning and it was nuts!

today, I have the shop and drive,some time on the elliptical, I'm making taco meat for me for a few days and time on books and puzzles.

menu today will be

carb master cottage cheese

protein bar

taco meat and cheese

light and fight greek

have a great Sunday all

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

karenp8
on 4/5/20 6:40 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! No rain here today but it's gloomy and overcast and 55 right now. I've put a load of laundry in and Miss Lily and I have an hour walk in too. We'll do at least one more walk and maybe 2 if she wants to. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday with no extra bites taken. Goal today is to make sure to get my liquids in. Failed at that yesterday. Weight today is 120.2. QOTD no it's sloppy and always has been. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz chicken salad D 4 oz grilled shrimp. And I will stay away from the snacks too. Need to do some straightening and cleaning in our moving home today too. Have a great day full of good choices everyone. Some pics from our walk this am. Don't mind the scary hair as I wasn't even really awake yet!

Partlypollyanna
on 4/5/20 12:01 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

That is a great picture of you!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Gina 21 Years Out
on 4/5/20 2:43 pm - Burleson, TX

I always love seeing your pictures!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things