What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 4/6/20 3:08 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Monday, folks. Hope you all had a nice relaxing weekend! I stayed really low key. At one point I had to laugh when I realized I spent the majority of the day cooking and sewing, which is NOT my usual weekend routine. It's interesting how quickly we revert back to basics in a crisis. I feel ready to get this week started, I guess... We only have a 4 day week because our office is closed for Good Friday, so this should be an easy week :)

Accountability: Uuuuugh. I really need to think about today like I am turning over a new leaf, because I've been making some really silly stupid decisions. Temps in the low 60s today so Grim and I are going to get outside and so some years work this afternoon.

QOTD: Did you end up doing what you thought you would do, when you were a kid? I wanted to be a professional arts or archaeologist. I even started my major in Museum Studies, thinking I would be a museum curator. But my first internship with at the Children's Museum in Boston, which was when I pivoted to education, and changed everything.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Erin T.
on 4/6/20 3:20 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Is it Monday? Are we sure of that? Has anyone actually confirmed? I got up because it's what I always do and when Jon's alarm went off I was so confused why it was going off. Damn it all, I guess I have to "go up to work" today. My weekend consisted of video game playing, some cleaning, and mask making. I ended up distributing about 20 masks around the neighborhood so far.

QOTD: Yeah, I think probably similar to what I thought I'd be doing from my later teens. Earlier than that I wanted to be a physical therapist. I have no idea why because the thought doesn't interest me in the least now. I do wish I would have pursued becoming a CDE or PA though. Also these days I'd love pivot and become a Dietitian or something in mental health but frankly I would take a huge income hit and that doesn't seem possible at this point in life. My father worked in management for a Telco so I think he always wanted me to end up in IT management and here we are.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x2
  • English Muffin, Bacon, Egg, Cheese
  • Leftover Mexican Food (Arros con cameron)
  • Pulled pork and asparagus

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Queen JB
on 4/6/20 1:35 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey can you send me a PM on FB with the pattern you used for masks? We made some too, but with varying degrees of success...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

MadisonRose
on 4/6/20 4:01 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Woke up feeling pretty yucky this morning. Stomach cramps, headache, bloated....the hole nine yards. That time of month came early this time, but it explains my cravings for carbs. Ugh! At least it's a 4 day work week this week. We've never gotten off for Good Friday before, but now they are making it mandatory that no one can work this Friday since they've already had to cut some peoples hours. I'm thinking about getting me one of those Ninja Fit single serve blenders. I'd like to start making my own protein shakes and smoothies. Found a lot of bariatric friendly recipes online.

QOTD: Well I do work in healthcare, but not doing what I thought I wanted to do as a child. I always thought I wanted to be a pediatrician, but that went out the window real fast once I found out how much schooling was involved! So in high school I decided I wanted to be a NICU nurse. However, I dropped out of nursing school with one semester left and switched my major to psychology. Looking back I do regret that decision. At the time though I felt burnt out and was just ready to be done with school. If I could do it all over again I would. Eh we live and learn right?

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: turkey breast lunch meat and cheese

D: not sure yet....something light

S: L&F yogurt W/banana

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Partlypollyanna
on 4/6/20 4:47 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone, happy Monday. I definitely have the monday blahs.

We're supposed to have a couple of gorgeous days the beginning of the week, followed by colder and then rain and snow over the weekend. Given I saw a fire danger warning this morning, bring on the rain and snow!!

Qotd - I wanted to be president so I'm going to go with no. Now I wouldn't want to be but am 100% convinced I could do it.

I got in a fast walk this morning, but wasn't feeling the longer one I usually do so I'll do some kind of virtual class tonight.

menu today is

carbmaster cottage cheese

4 oz ever roast deli chicken and 1 oz cheese

4 oz taco meat and 1 oz cheese

either another cottage cheese or a light and fit for snack and half and half in my coffee

have a great Monday all!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/6/20 4:51 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yesterday was a gray, rainy, down, too many snacks day. I need to get out for more dog walks and maybe a drive today. I miss being able to be near the water

QOTD: I wanted to be a doctor when I was a child but discarded that when I was so fearful visiting people in hospitals. I stumbled into insurance/IT/management after I started working for an Insurance company (a job that essentially no one plans for). But I enjoyed my career there and served in many roles up to executive level, gaining a BS and MBA with the company's assistance in the early years.

TSS: 4 years

B: Coffee! WW zero point pancake or eggs with beans, salsa and cheese

L: Sliced Ever Roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Leftover chicken Marsala or leftover chili

S: blueberry lemon pie and/or yogurt with strawberry compote and/or WW one point blueberry muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

karenp8
on 4/6/20 5:07 am - Brighton, IL

Ready or not it's another work week. We have swings(18 of them) to to varnish today while its dry and some trim painting to do as well. Hubby has some power washing of decks to do too. We also have 10 new windows to install this week as well. At least it's something to keep me busy! Accountability was perfect yesterday both food and stepwise and weight is 120 today. Miss Lily and I got 2 really long walks in and got some gorgeous pictures too. Plan today is for at least 2 walks again. QOTD no I went to school to be a home ec teacher like my mom and hated it. I did it for 2 years and quit. Worked as a CNA in a nursing home for a while and went back to school to be a certified respiratory therapy technician. Loved that job til RA kicked in and I had to go on disability. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz chicken salad D 4 oz chicken fajita stuff with no tortilla. There will be no snack had tonight only drinks and knitting. Have a great day full of healthy choices everyone! Time to find a cup of coffee!

Greateight
on 4/6/20 5:17 am, edited 4/5/20 10:18 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Well, it's Monday. Today I have a super full schedule at work, almost all of which is internally based calls. I do have one client call. Also, I have to transfer 15,000 emails onto a personal file and out of my inbox. I can hear the IT people cringing through the internet. But they pile up so fast, and its hard to know which client's information will be needed in the future, etc.

I made a good progress on stripping the back porch yesterday. The first side went super fast and I thought that it might be just a one day job, but the other side had many more layers of paint on it than the first side, so the process just bogged down. The fact that I am going to fight through the second side with a hand scraper rather than just going out and buying a bigger power sander is absolutely a reflection of the state of the economy right now.

Good news is that DD is on day 8 of Coronavirus and has yet to develop a fever. Her boyfriend's Dad is now considered recovered (4 days without fever). But they have to all stay in the house until the last of them has been fever free for at least 14 days. I hope that her boyfriend's parent's like her because this is shaping up to be a 5-6 week visit.

I have been microwaving a quarter cup of mixed nuts like they do in the first class cabins. Its a nice little treat. The first time I did it for 1 minute and the nuts started smoking (who knew they were flammable?). I think 39 seconds is perfect.

QOTD: I don't think that many children dream of a future in accounting. But 12 year old little league made very clear that I did not have a career in baseball.

Breakfast: Sausage and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: hamburger (on grill maybe?)

Snack: nuts

Dinner: Pork

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 4/6/20 7:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hmmm, I never have thought of warming up nuts. I don't think I will try this week. I am going to try and avoid my SF toffee and mixed nuts this week.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 4/6/20 8:02 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I'm on nuts avoiding protein bars!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 487 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 447 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 456 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 402 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Forum Search Error & 404