What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 4/8/20 2:48 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning, Everyone! Hope you are all safe and healthy this morning. Yesterday was 3 weeks, officially, for me since I have been working from home. It was a rough start, but for the last week, I have hit my WFH stride and I'm in a good routine now. I feel productive and organized again, yay!

We have a "family room" that was an addition put onto the house when they added the garage, in the 1960s. When I first moved in, it hadn't been updated and it was just a passthrough to the garage. But Grim completely gutted the room, put in new floors, ceilings, walls, a bay window overlooking the backyard, and custom built-ins for coats and shoes, etc. So now, it's the prettiest room in the house! But we still mostly use it as a passthrough, because it's not economical to heat the room. Anyway, Grim is putting in one more gorgeous built-in, now, and when it's finished in a few days, I think I am going to move in and make it my office! It's got everything--a couch, a small desk, a wall mounted tv, a treadmill, a doors that closes for privacy, a pantry with all the quarantine snacks... ;)

Accountability: I'm doing great at actually eating the meals I've planned and not making substitutions (win!) but I need to stop adding the treats! I went for a nice sunny walk yesterday, too. It felt great to see sun and stretch my legs! My weight went up 1.7lbs last week and it's holding steady. It's going to take a lot more effort to get it back down and to keep losing, but I feel motivated to get back at it.

QOTD: Saw this picture and thought it would be a funny question--which house of people would you choose to spend your quarantine with? I think I am going with #2, but I would be happy with #4 or #6, too, I think!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 4/8/20 4:03 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning JB! Glad you have hit your WFH stride, it does make it all easier!

Qotd - house 2 for me and I would avoid 1 and 3 at all costs!

accountability - blech, yesterday I could not stop eating. All high protein/low carb but it felt like every time I turned around I was in the fridge. Weight still the same, I think only because I was also drinking water/tea like crazy to get that 30 minute buffer from the food.

today I am going to stick 100% to plan.

4 oz taco meat, 1 oz cheddar

4 oz ever roast deli chick, .8 oz cheddar

carbmaster cottage cheese, 1 tbs PB

light and fit greekx2

half and half in my coffee

lots of tea and water

ex - elliptical before I jump online, I think today is an endurance day, somewhere in Scandinavia

happy Wednesday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

MadisonRose
on 4/8/20 4:12 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Short post today as I've gotten a late start this morning. Yesterday I was about as close to perfect with sticking to my eating plan as I've ever been. No extra snacks except for a few cocoa roasted almonds. I am currently looking for something good to watch on Netflix for this weekend. The other day I watched The Confirmation. Such a cute movie!

QOTD: Ugh this is a tough one. I'd say #4....but #3 and #6 sound good too.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda X 3

L: low sodium turkey breast lunch meat with provolone cheese

D: Salmon and broccoli broccoli

S: L&F yogurt w/banana

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

karenp8
on 4/8/20 4:23 am - Brighton, IL

It's going to be a nice day here in Arkansas with a high in the mid 80s. We actually turned the air conditioning on at lunchtime yesterday. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 70s again though. I should get all the painting done in the cabin today which is a good thing as I'm sick of painting trim. QOTD number 5 I think. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.2. The urge to snack was strong but I kept my hands busy and away from food.Lily and I will get 2 good walks in today too,and I'm heading over in a minute to start laundry as well. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz chicken salad D4 oz of whatever protein hubby cooks. No snacks and at least 100 ounces of fluids. Have a great day of healthy choices and stay safe everyone!

supershopper
on 4/8/20 4:53 am

that post is right- about mindless eating- I've been facing it the last 3-4 days. I need to work on my mindfulness...

QOTD: I would go with 1,5 or 6. 5 you get a chef. 1 and 6 you both get a comedian and 1 you get a therapist.... hmmm hard to choose. And 1 or 5 will probably get you wacky weed. I'm torn lol

so ive been struggling with this lack of exercise, lack of motivation and constant change in schedule. Today is my Friday.

I have a couple calls and payroll is done so that means I can probably work on my actual project work today. that's the plan at least.

food:

coffee, coffee and water

B: protein pancakes

more coffee and water

L: gizzards and some sort of veggie

s: not sure

d: leftover chicken wings probably

s: unsure but it doesn't need to be 4 things like last night...

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/8/20 5:07 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I remember that room - it sounds like super skilled Grim has worked some magic! I think having pleasant surroundings when WFH is important to ones frame of mind.

I just saw a clip on the TV of someone in Oregon pouring wine into the glass of a woman in the apartment below him leaning out the window! LOL

Today I am having a new AC unit installed. Not a planned expenditure right now, but I don't want to end up in a crisis as I did with the furnace in Massachusetts over Christmas

QOTD: House #4 I think because there are some interesting and funny people.

TSS: 4 years

B: Coffee! WW zero point pancake or eggs, salsa, beans and cheese

L: Sliced Ever Roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Leftover chili (substituted a fantastic WW Salmon with mango salsa recipe last night) or Salmon burgers

S: blueberry lemon pie and/or yogurt with strawberry compote and/or WW one point blueberry muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

White Dove
on 4/8/20 5:41 am - Warren, OH

Your new office sounds wonderful. You are so lucky that you and Grim found each other.

I saw a cartoon where the game show hosts asks the man, a

"Who do you want to spend your social isolation with? A: Your wife and children or B:...

And the man quickly yells B

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Greateight
on 4/8/20 5:51 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

It was gloriously warm yesterday. Marilyn said that it may have even reached 80 degrees at one point. We had the house windows open for the first time since October and I was woken up by the birds chirping this morning. Of course after one warm day, thunderstorms moved in and we had hail last night. It doesn't appear that any damage was done to my car.

I had a couple of calls postponed/cancelled yesterday, so I made the break out to my porch and was able to complete the scraping/sanding. My 16 year old helped me and we banged it out in one day. Marilyn will do all of the actual painting, so, from my standpoint, the project is done (except for cleaning up the tools I left on the porch).

Today, I will need to be more attentive to works no extra projects. Marilyn collectedly of the change around the house and organized her quarter collection, last night. She needs about 22 of the National Park quarters.

Saturday, me and Cynthia are doing a partner workout called Scooter. It's going to be fun and something different.

QOTD: House 1 because of Will Ferrell.

Breakfast: Sausage and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Chicken

Snack: nuts

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 4/8/20 7:51 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

We had huge storms during the night last night as well. At 1:00 am there were tornado warnings. Needless to say not much sleep. I am so tired today but it is the last nice day for outside exercise so i still plan on getting my walk in before Survivor. I didn't see any damage on the way to work this morning but the news talked about some places having roofs blown off and Land slides. They must have been north of the city.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 4/8/20 8:17 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Has Pittsburg had warmer weather? Our lawn is just turning green and our Magnolia tree is blooming, so its starting to feel like spring here.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 418 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 176 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?