What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

catwoman7
on 4/8/20 9:34 am
RNY on 06/03/15

actually we do have one of those plastic applicators. It's definitely easier than trying to do it by hand, but he still puts up a huge fight. We both have to restrain him while I do the deed. Ugh. At least we're both home all day these days. Luckily we can stop giving him the anti-nausea and anti-pain pills once this steroid really kicks in, which she said should be in three or four days. Then we'll just have to worry about giving him one pill a day (which is hard enough!!). Some meds they can compound into transdermal gels - if he continues to put up a fight, I may see if they can do the steroid in a gel. That should help immensely...

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/8/20 9:59 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Poor kitty!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

White Dove
on 4/8/20 4:12 pm - Warren, OH

Good luck. One pill a day would be a nightmare for me and Gracie.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 4/8/20 4:18 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I emailed the vet's office today and told them that he's looking better and is more responsive, but he's still not eating. They said to give him 100 mls of fluids each day until he's eating again. I thought I was going to die when I read that - NO WAY could we do that with this guy, but we tried and...it worked! I couldn't believe it! (worked in that we were able to do it - not in that he's eating again - but we'll see what he does food-wise tomorrow..)

White Dove
on 4/9/20 6:45 am - Warren, OH

I am amazed that he took the liquid. I think I would have to put in a syringe and hold her down and squirt it into her month if this was my cat

catwoman7
on 4/9/20 6:56 am
RNY on 06/03/15

these were subcutaneous fluids - so with a needle in the back of his neck. He would have never tolerated getting them orally. Even putting a little water in a small syringe to wash a pill down is almost worse than giving him the pill!

White Dove
on 4/9/20 8:19 am - Warren, OH

I have never had to use a needle on a cat. When the vet does it, it seems easy, but the vet makes giving a pill look easy too.

catwoman7
on 4/9/20 9:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

surprisingly, we've had fewer problems giving cats subQ fluids than we have pills. We've only had one I remember who was an absolute terror - fortunately we only had to do it to him a couple of times. We've had some with kidney disease that we had to do it to daily or every other day for a long period of time (like...months), and luckily, all those were pretty easy..

Sheila_H
on 4/8/20 11:18 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Sorry about your cat!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

artchikk
on 4/8/20 7:10 am
RNY on 02/12/18

hellooooo friends,

I had a pretty good day yesterday food wise, besides the stupid munchkins. I managed to not eat late snacks and I was down 1.5 lbs this morning so that's a bonus. now, to get the other 5 still lingering to disappear!

I've actually been exercising more in this last week, being home, than I have been all winter, but that might also be attributed to the nicer weather...it is nice not having to commute though, it definitely opens up an extra hour and a half of my day that I normally do not have.

QOTD: I am choosing the very unpopular house #1...mostlly because I absolutely love Mindy Kaling and I want to be best friends with her...I also love Will Ferrell and I love to laugh, and I am sure between the 2 of them, there would be plenty of jokes to make about Dr. Phil and Bieber...I never watched the Kardashians but I know Kylie Jenner has a makeup line so we could just give eachother makeovers. I'd probably smoke weed with the Biebs too. why not? lol

Im on my 3rd coffee this morning, then breakfast...
B: 1 egg omelette w/ .5 oz cheddar and 2 oz ham
L: turkey and muenster sandwich on low carb rye & 2 kiwi's
AS: L&F greek yogurt w/sprinkle of granola
D: Turkey italian sausage w/Kale and sweet potatoes
ES: apple and peanut butter

I think its supposed to rain off and on today but if it's clear after I log out at 4, planning on another run around the neighborhood...otherwise more youtube workout videos!

I'd say happy hump day, but does it really even matter what day it is right now?

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 766 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 361 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 496 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 273 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 7 replies · 45 views