What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 4/18/20 3:13 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone! I keep telling myself that I am going to stop starting the post on weekends, but since I can't seem to stop myself from waking up at 3:30am, I guess I might as well get my menu organized and start...

I woke up to a few inches of snow today. It's very, very pretty, but right now I'd give about a billion bucks for it to be nice out so that I can go on walks or sit in the back yard hammock, so this is quite unwelcome.

I need to make a plan for today. I really have nothing to do! The house is clean, I'm organized, I'm caught up on work, and all of a sudden all of my hobbies seem really boring. I think I will break out the Cricut machine and make some matching t-shirts for us. If it comes out cute, I will post pics tomorrow :)

Accountability: Not a disaster but I can't seem to stop myself from grabbing the little extras throughout the day. I have never had a problem with bored grazing before because I don't think I have ever been bored! But here we are...

QOTD: I am so inspired by Sheila's quarantine haircut. Are you missing your hairdresser, yet? Are you doing anything yourself at home to make it better? I get a keratin treatment every few months and I am overdue! My hair is very thick and naturally wavy and gets knotted easily (see pic below for how it looked when I woke up in on vacation in the Dominican Republic a few years ago, lol!) With keratin, it's silky smooth and I can run my fingers through it, but it's starting to kink back up again and look messy. There is nothing I can do at home except for use the hot iron, which I have been doing a lot lately. I definitely won't be cutting my own hair, but I am sure I will be tempted if this continues for another few months.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

MadisonRose
on 4/18/20 3:37 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Oh my goodness, that is how my hair looks everyday! Somehow it looks cuter on you though. Lol. My hair is so thick and frizzy! Ugh

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Queen JB
on 4/18/20 4:32 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Keratin changed my life! Sometimes I miss my waves, but to roll out of bed and not even have to bru**** to have it look good is a game changer!

Partlypollyanna
on 4/18/20 4:13 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I refused to let myself get out of bed before 430 today...I was awake, just would not get up....I would be so excited if I slept until 6 on a weekend.

Qotd - I have an appt for May 3, it was a close as I could get to the first day available after we think things would be re opened...or course, that was back in March, who knows now but I'm still hoping for May 3. I did color my own hair because I had to and that went pretty well, I used the color from e-salon but I need a cut so bad. Every time I whine (to myself, outloud) about there being too much hair, I just remind myself of the 9 months where i was grateful I started with SO MUCH hair that the only ones that could tell how much I lost was me and my hairdresser, lol.

I don't really have a plan for the weekend -- some puzzle work, some reading, and binge watching Bosch on prime.

Menu

A pot of coffee and half and half; I"m doing a coffee date with my bestie but she gets up about 9 on weekends so I'll be done with my pot by then unless I also make a pot of decaff; could happen.

Cottage cheese with a tablespoon of peanut butter

I might make pizza, thinking about trying the fathead dough -- has anyone tried it? I also found another recipe that is almond flour-coconut flour but I think the fathead sounds better. If I did, I would do it mid-afternoon and it would probably be lunch/dinner combo.

frozen Light & Fit greek for snack tonight

Happy Saturday All

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 4/18/20 4:28 am
RNY on 07/20/15

The fathead dough is great!

My BFF and are exact opposites. I get up before 5am and she often doesn't wake up until 5PM.

Partlypollyanna
on 4/18/20 5:04 am
RNY on 02/14/18

excellent! That made me decide which one to do - thank you!!

Jen

White Dove
on 4/18/20 2:22 pm - Warren, OH

What you need for your hair until you can get another treatment is Biolage Keratindose. Get the shampoo, conditioner, and renewal spray. You will not be disappointed. I was stocking up on Biolage when other people were stocking up on toilet paper. You can order it on Amazon.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/18/20 4:40 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! Yeah, I heard it was going to snow in Massachusetts and I can't say I'm sorry to miss it. But I am hoping I can go home in mid-May. With nothing to do here, I am missing Cape Cod more and more

QOTD: I had planned my hair appointments before I left for Florida and was lucky to squeeze them in. I had my hair cut and highlighted the day before I left for Florida and down here on 3/24 just before they closed all the hair salons. I have an appointment at home on May 15. SO...IF I get home on time AND the hair salon is open I am okay. But if necessary I would cut my own hair - I have done it before. Highlighting is a bit trickier but I did buy a kit early on just in case because I thought there might end up being a rush on them like TP.

TSS: 4 years

B: Coffee! Eggs, black beans, cheese and salsa

L: Sliced Ever Roast chicken, laughing cow cheese, bean salad

D: Shrimp and cauliflower fried rice

S: Bean salad, blueberry lemon pie and/or yogurt with strawberry compote and/or WW one point blueberry muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

MadisonRose
on 4/18/20 5:40 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Well I woke up at 6, went back to sleep and then woke up at 8 and decided to just get up. I guess 8 is my new late for me. I used to sleep in until at least 9 or 10 on the weekends and even later, but anymore I just can't do it. Prior to surgery I never felt completely rested and I really think I had sleep apnea that was just never diagnosed. I feel much more rested now.

QOTD: well my hair definitely needs a good trim, but other than that I don't miss going to the hair salon. I've never been one to do much with my hair. My hair is so thick and frizzy and I don't have time to deal with putting all those products in my hair to tame it so I just put it in a ponytail and go. The fanciest thing I've ever done was put some highlights in my hair, but it was like a one time thing. Lol. Now the nail salon I miss! My nails look like crap right now because I'm used to going pretty regularly and I'm too lazy to do my own. Lol

B: premier shake

B2: coffee W/Splenda X 2 or 3

L: premier shake and an apple

S: cheese stick and a few cocoa roasted almonds

D: the last of the salmon and broccoli

S: my last strawberry cheesecake L&F yogurt frozen....cries

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Partlypollyanna
on 4/18/20 11:38 am
RNY on 02/14/18

On of my friends is selling color street -- they are nail polish strips that you stick on your nails and they last forever (like 3 weeks). I had tried the jamberry ones before but you had to blow dry them, these are literally stickers. I am an anxious for a pedicure as I am for a haircut.

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics