Weigh****chers - Friday

White Dove
on 5/1/20 5:38 am - Warren, OH

I went to Walmart yesterday and was really irritated at all the people walking the wrong way in the aisles, getting too close to others and not wearing masks. I need to stay out of there. Everything seemed depressing yesterday. It was a cold, rainy day. My sister works as a dietary manager in nursing home. They have 100 people living there and 49 of the residents tested positive for the virus this week. Eleven of them died. She was crying her eyes out.

She comes home from work, removes all of her clothes in the garage and then showers and shampoos her hair before putting clean clothes on and coming into contact with her family. Our state is starting to open back up today. I plan to stay isolated as much as possible. I will go back to pickup or home delivery.

I hope this is going to come to an end, but not very optimistic about it being anytime soon.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Laura in Texas
on 5/1/20 6:43 am

People not following the arrows drives me crazy, too!! I have enough supplies to last me probably 2 weeks so I am staying put. I may try to do a pick up order of fruit and produce next week. I do not want to go in a store any time soon. Texas begins phase 1 today. I think things will open back up here completely by June 1st. We will all just have to fend for ourselves until we are sure the worst is past us.

I did not weigh today. I know I have been following my plan, but daily fluctuations are driving me crazy right now. I will only weigh twice a wee****il I can handle seeing the fluctuations again. Saturday is my normal WW weigh-in day so I will weigh on my scale on Saturdays and Wednesdays for now.

8 pounds down/22 to go. I had 30 points yesterday and walked around 13,000 steps which gave me 22 activity points (I never use this but I like to see how many I earned).

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Sheila_H
on 5/1/20 9:14 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I could never handle daily weigh-ins, either. Not even after WLS. For my mental health I weigh-in once a week and then hide the scale.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 5/1/20 10:09 am - Warren, OH

The weight I gained yesterday was gone today. I knew it would be, but it is still stressful sometimes to look at it. I actually know my body well enough to not get on the scale on days when I know it will be higher. I don't know if I could break the daily habit though.

catwoman7
on 5/1/20 7:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I was reading yesterday that many health experts are predicting this could go on for another 18-24 months. I would not be surprised at all.

and I'm really worried about states opening up so much this soon. This thing could spiral out of control, and I'm worried it's going to be really tough for them to shut back down again. I hope we're not going to turn into Italy II (and we already have in some places - like NYC). I think this is nuts - but I guess we'll see what happens in another two or three weeks...

Laura in Texas
on 5/1/20 8:31 am

I definitely think some states need to keep things closed longer but here in Texas our hospitals are way under capacity. We average 29 COVID19 deaths per million people. If hospitals stay under capacity, I don't think we will do much more here.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Sheila_H
on 5/1/20 9:11 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

My yesterday.

Again, mental shift about carbs. Made a zero pt garbanzo beans "tuna" salad but it had almost 50 gr of carbs.

I totally agree with those arrows in the grocery stores. At my local supermarket they have put those arrows too. I was trying to follow them so i went around an aisle to get in line for the cash register. But somebody else who thought was really smart went against the arrow and got in line ahead of me. Then looked me in the eyes, behind the mask, and smiled. I just shook my head. I don't have the mental capacity to get upset for these any more. I don't want to spend energy on it. If they are that stupid or think they are being shrewd so be it.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Dee_Caprini
on 5/1/20 3:32 pm

Is it bad that I wish I liked margaritas?!

My girls and I have not been out of the house in almost 2 months... so I have to rely on the stories my husband tells me of his travels. I make him strip in the garage and he runs to the shower to ger de-contaminated...lol I am not taking any risks since we have several vulnerable loved ones that I am dying to see, but will wait until things settle down before seeing them. I am getting frustrated seeing people on my social media feed who think what's happening in the world is a hoax and not considering others. I will keep my mouth shut and pray THEY are not the ones spreading things to their loved ones. I want this to be over as much as the next person and am thankful for those that abide and wear a mask and stand away from each other for a few more months...

Prayers for your sister. That has to be tough. Big socially distant hugs for her

White Dove
on 5/1/20 4:04 pm - Warren, OH

Thank you Dee. I really wish she would just retire. She does not need to work and will be 60 in September. She plans to retire then, but if it was me, I would be gone.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 300 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?