What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 5/2/20 3:23 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Saturday, my friends!

I am thrilled to announce that after 47,983,757 straight months of cold rainy weather, we are forecasted to have two weekend days in a row with temps in the high 60s and dry! I am hoping to get myself out for some really long walks to attempt to get in some natural Vitamin D. I am also still really enjoying my treadmill and will continue my run series.

Other than that, I am settling into a pretty good routine--weekends are for crafting! So I am planning to do some new things today. I have lot of fun gift ideas ready to execute so I hope to get a few things done.

We are also trying to power through the last two seasons of the Walking Dead. I'm really not enjoying it anymore--it's really jumped the shark (or jumped the tiger, if you are in the know), but I want to see it through before we start a new binge! Next will either be Ozark or Little Fires Everywhere.

Accountability: No off plan foods! I did have 2.5 wine coolers over 6 hours last night on my zoom meetups :)

QOTD: Do you play any card games? My family were never big card players, so it's not part of my culture. I've played gin rummy and euchre with friends, but I never played enough to develop strategy or get good at it. I do like my solitaire apps--my favorite is Spider Solitaire.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 5/2/20 4:29 am - Warren, OH

Enjoy that beautiful weather. I am sit ill afraid to go for a walk outside, even wearing a mask. It is still cloudy here, but they are promising sunshine and 72 tomorrow. It will feel like the first real day of spring. I will be outside all day with the lawn mowers and loving it.

Spider Solitaire is what I sometimes play during boring teleconferences. In a weird way, it helps me to concentrate on a meeting when there is no presentation to follow. I used to keep careful measure of my scores, then one day decided it does not matter and if I can't solve a game, I just start a new one.

I missed a doctor appointment due to quarantine and realized I need to get prescription refills. I will call Monday and see if he is going to make me come in. I really would rather not go to the office, but know it would not be a good idea to be out of the thyroid medicine I have been taking for the last 30 years.

My current series is Anne with an E. I am so sorry I did not read Anne of Green Gables when I was in grade school. I started it and never got into it at the time.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/2/20 6:37 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Most doctors will do virtual or telephone visits these days. So unless it has varied a lot over the years and you need bloodwork, I would think you might be able to get them refilled without going in. I am counting on that for my BP meds - I have been taking my own BP at home so I can report it.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

White Dove
on 5/2/20 7:20 am - Warren, OH

I forgot about online doctor visits. I am diabetic and overdue for A1C, so doubt that I will not have to go in. I will see what they say on Monday. I had a sinus infection a few years ago. The doctor was very busy, so I used the online service provided by my insurance company. That was excellent and I got the prescriptions I needed to get through it.

It will be interesting to see what they say. Hopefully I can just get the refill for the thyroid medicine and go in for the A1C when things are hopefully not as scary.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Christina135
on 5/2/20 5:34 am

Good morning, Happy Saturday!

I got up early, took a shower, put on some basic makeup and smell pretty good. Now I'm sitting at the dining room table, getting ready to work.

QOTD - I do play card games. I like Spades, Crazy 8, Speed and Rummey. I can't tell you when it happened, but there have been lots of nights when it was just me, husband, a pack of cards and some really good loud music. But it's been a while, maybe we should have a card night!

Breakfast - fasting, so hot coffee, hot tea, topo chico

Lunch - extending my fast until 2PM, so no lunch. Lots of water

Snack - mandarins, strawberries, grapes, cottage cheese and homemade granola

Dinner - Considering takeout from my favorite local vegan restaurant. They have this amazing Korean beefless burrito and I've been craving it for days!

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

catwoman7
on 5/2/20 6:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

it's suppposed to be in the 70s and sunny all weekend - YAY! Today we are picking up some sandwiches at a deli and going to a park. DH and I have been to parks during this lockdown - but just to walk/hike. Today we will be meeting up with my MIL - whom we haven't seen in six weeks even though she lives in the next town over (she's immunocompromised + a senior, so she's very afraid of getting COVID-19). But we'll wear our masks most of the time and sit at least 6' away from her, and we'll be outside to boot, so it should be OK. She's missing social interaction and being outdoors - so this should be helpful. I also plan to take a walk sometime this morning before we go - and maybe this evening, too.

QOTD: I used to be addicted to regular solitaire when I was a kid (I'm now addicted to Mah Jongg - which uses tiles instead of cards - but it's similar). We also played rummy a lot when I was growing up. I don't play with actual cards anymore and haven't in many years, but sometimes when I'm watching a movie on my laptop I'll play spider solitaire or freecell in another window.

accountability was great yesterday and I took a long walk to boot, but my weight is up again by a pound this morning. I had 3300 mg of sodium yesterday, though (according to my tacker), so that probably explains it. Deli sandwiches today are unfortunately not going to help - so this could take a couple days to get rid of.

TSS: 4 y 10 m

B: plain Greek yogurt with strawberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: Fit Frappe

L: not sure whether I'll pack my lunch or order a sandwich (probably turkey and cheese) and eat half of it. If I pack a lunch, I'll probably take a light English muffin with light cream cheese, a L&F yogurt, and maybe some grapes

AS: yogurt and/or raw veggies with dip (that is - if we're even home)

D: chipotle chicken tacos

have a great Saturday, everyone!

Queen JB
on 5/2/20 10:20 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I hope you have a nice visit with your MIL. I am hoping that we get to a place where I think it might be safe enough to see my parents distantly, sometime soon, but I think we have a few weeks to go :(

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

momyshaver
on 5/3/20 6:00 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I hope you can visit your parents soon. Do you think it is safe to visit if it is across a yard, (I have some elderly family that don't quite understand the gravity of the situation and I was wondering what the thoughts were on outdoor visits across a distance if there were not breeze...I don't want to put them at risk but emotionally they are not doing well with the isolation even with texts, phone calls, etc. I know this must be very difficult.)

karenp8
on 5/2/20 6:24 am - Brighton, IL

I could go for a donut diet! Even the nasty pink frosting looks good. That tells you how much I crave sweets. Another nice day here in Arkansas and Miss Lily and I will get out for 2 or 3 walks. QOTD not really a game person and especially not cards. Only game I play on my phone is word search. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120 today. Got my fluids in and stayed away from the snacks too. Good day overall. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz chicken salad D 4 oz grilled chicken with 3 bites of broccoli. Have a wonderful day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone!

Greateight
on 5/2/20 8:53 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I read that they are having the Arkansas Derby at Oaklawn today, but no fans allowed.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 250 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics