What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

karenp8
on 5/6/20 4:48 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! We made it safely to Illinois yesterday after 8 plus hours on the road. Miss Lily and I got in 2 plus miles already this morning and will do more later today. Accountability was perfect yesterday for food but steps were low as we only got a morning walk in. Weight is 120.6.QOTD scrambled. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c beef and mushroom soup D4 oz of whatever protein hubby cooks. Time to get busy. Stay safe everyone and make your best choices!

Theduffman27
on 5/6/20 5:14 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning JB and menu folks. Funny you mentioned sleep, I have been trying to have the lights out at night by 10pm, I was staying up as late at 11:30 streaming "Bosch". I have felt much better only 3 nights in to this experiment and find the urge to have a snack is not there as I am not awake...LOL.

Accountability - Was spot on. No cravings.

QOTD - I mix it up, my recent favorite is Over medium with Cholula Hot sauce on top....Yum!

B - Berries and light and fit greek yogurt

L - Turkey, velveeta slice sandwich

AS - Built Bar

D - Baked Chicken, green beans sauteed with garlic

E - Cardio and High Intensity Training

Stay Healthy My friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Christina135
on 5/6/20 5:27 am

Good morning, happy Hump day!

QOTD - well, I don't eat eggs. However, when I did, scrambled was my go to. I was very picky about my eggs, and I never ate them in restaurants or if other people cooked them. I always cracked them into a bowl, removed the little protein strand (white jiggly) and only then would I work with them/eat them. I used to add a tablespoon of ice cold water, and hand whis****il they were uniformly pale yellow (no clear clumps). Then, into a pan with bubbling white butter, and let them sit, then gently fold, until completely cooked. I didn't like wet eggs. Salt, pepper (after cooking) and a piece of fluffy buttered toast, used to be my perfect breakfast meal.

It's funny, I am in fact a picky eater. Really picky in fact. I did NOT get overweight by eating bad food. I ate so much good, delicious food. I just didn't know when to stop. Sometimes I miss some of the stuff I used to eat, but I don't miss all of the pain associated with the weight (physical and emotional).

WHEW! That was a heavy answer for a simple egg question!

Breakfast - fasting, ho****er, black coffee, topo chico

Lunch - Vegan soyrizo empanadas, cottage cheese, pumpkin seeds

Snack - fruit smoothie, frozen frui****er, oat milk, hemp seed protein, chia seed

Dinner - we have the kids, so something fast and delish. My vote is always pizza but...we shall see!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Emiepie
on 5/6/20 6:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- maybe if you can get a walk in for some fresh air it'll lift your spirits a bit? I need to enjoy some outside time before our close to 100 degrees on Sunday (supposed to drop back to the 70s by Tuesday though. I have a few calls today (one in like 10 mins) and a video call with our local running store later to see what options they have available to assist with getting my knee repaired and avoiding further problems.

Accountability: I had a protein bar and PB crackers before bed.

QOTD: So many ways: scrambled/fried/boiled/cloud eggs/hmmmm I know there is more!

TSS: 5 years 8 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters and turkey sausage links

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Turkey and Swiss in low carb tortilla, mixed nuts and carbmaster yogurt

D: Grilled chicken breast, green beans, cottage cheese, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark

ES: Low carb pita with cream cheese and SF jam, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and cup fiber cereal

E: A blend of elliptical and treadmill (slogging/walking) totaling about 2 hours

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1489 Protein:157 Carbs:108 Fat:58

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 5/6/20 6:47 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Illinois posted its recovery plan yesterday. It's a five part plan and we are currently in phase 2. In phase 3, which will occur when certain statistics are met, offices may re-open but people are still strongly urged to telecommute. Even in spite of this, I don't think that our firm seeks to be the first back into the cities, so I will probably be telecommuting for awhile.

Gyms can open for outside classes in phase 3 if social distancing is observed. I have been thinking that I will probably go to class sometimes during this phase to stay connected, but continue with the home based plan largely.

I believe that bars and restaurants can re-open in phase 4. Full reopening, Phase 5, will not be done until there is a vaccine or similar development. Gatherings of over 50 people will be restricted until phase 5.

The phases will be by region (4 regions), so Karen may be ahead of me, Amber, and Skaleskater.

QOTD: Since surgery I haven't really wanted eggs. I had a little trouble with digesting them and haven't gone back. I have had a few omelettes and those would probably be my favorite . Spinach and feta is a great omelette.

Breakfast: sausage and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Hello Fresh

Snack: nuts

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 5/6/20 7:15 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Team Spinach and Feta!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Teenie
on 5/6/20 6:53 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

Sorry to hear your in a funk JB. I think there are a lot of people in this world in the same boat. Hang in there dear I promise it will get better. At least it is already Wednesday. My favorite TV night cause I got my Survivor. Raining and cool again today same as yesterday so I will not get my run game on today. Sunday was the last chance I had to exercise. Maybe something will motivate me to do the treadmill.

I went and did bloodwork yesterday for my thyroid. That is a strange new going to a lab for a blood draw. Especially because the waiting room isn't even 6 square feet.

QOTD: Over Easy. I just been able to start eating scrambled eggs a couple months ago since surgery. So I would cook all the stuffing for an omelet and put it on top of over easy eggs. I usually order Spinach onions tomato and feta on top my over easy eggs.

Accountability: Great Food wise. No exercise.

TSS: 2 years 4 Month 25 days 135.6 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato w/Miralax and Fiber

MS: Crustless quiche Lorraine mini muffins

CB2: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato

L: Slow cooker Spaghetti squash with ground turkey meat sauce and maybe a tuna pouch

D: Crack chicken quesadilla

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been good. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day. And I have now added 500mg of Magnesium

Exercise: probably 3 mile treadmill

Everybody have a Great day.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 5/6/20 7:29 am, edited 5/6/20 12:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have to take my mother to the ophthalmologist today to get her routine retinal injection (she has macular degeneration). Non-patients aren't allowed in the building, so I'll take a walk or go to the grocery store while she's in her appointment. Nothing else on the agenda today. It's sunny but not very warm (50-ish), but I can still walk. It's supposed to be like this through the weekend. DH was hoping we could have a Mother's Day picnic at a park with the moms on Sunday, but that's not gonna work (too cold!)

accountability was great yesterday (but no exercise). My weight was down a lb since yesterday morning. YAY! (today is my official weigh day)

QOTD: I'm not an enormous fan of plain ole eggs, but if I don't have a choice, then I'll go for scrambled. Otherwise, I like things like omelets, huevos rancheros, egg stratas, eggs benedict, etc.

TSS: 4y11m

B: Greek yogurt with 1/2 diced mango (maybe a 1/4 C Kashi Go Lean granola on top?), coffee with half & half

S1: protein shake

L: 2 Costco chicken skewers with peanut sauce

S2: L&F yogurt with raspberries and/or yogurt pie (cheesecake-flavored) with strawberry compote

D: Beyond Burger in a "sandwich skinny" with light Thousand Island and lettuce

have a great day, everyone!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/6/20 7:42 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Hi all! Doesn't really feel like hump day since I took Monday off, which is nice.

Had a bit of a rough night yesterday, Nolan was up super early and was wayyyy too tired in the evening, so he was grumpy and screamy. Super stressful for everybody. Finally got him into bed, he snuggled up with his head on my chest, and was out like a light almost immediate-- guess he just needed his mommy. Hoping he sleeps in a bit today!

Accountability: Really good! We picked up Chili's so I had shrimp fajitas, no tortilla, and ate the leftovers instead of grabbing a Little Debbie. Did 45 minutes on the spin bike after dinner and I'm a bit sore from that this morning, so that's pretty good. It was easier than I expected, which kinda makes me wonder if I should take this opportunity to lose another 5lb while I can.

QOTD: I'm with JB, scrambled on a plate or sunny side up on toast. Delicious runny goodness!

Chows:

• B: protein bar and a Monster
  • L: can of soup
  • D: pulled pork burritos, no tortilla
  • S: Greek yogurt, string cheese

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Theduffman27
on 5/6/20 7:52 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Love the meme! LOL

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 526 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 455 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 23 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?