What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

dcbrown3
on 5/6/20 12:20 pm

I've been wanting to get a smoker for a while a Traeger is out of my price range at the moment. Just trying to find out that won't break the bank at the moment since I'm a beginner. A coworker of mine that had the surgery last year has a smoker and she brought in some smoked wild turkey breast from a turkey she got and it was the best turkey I've ever eaten. Really has me wanting to get a smoker now.

Lisa91941
on 5/6/20 10:27 am
RNY on 10/29/19

OK. This morning has been total chaos. We have been working at a 50% crew and it's starting to really exhaust all of us. Our team is amazing and getting things done. I am very grateful for this team keeping us afloat. Plus, I think I have hit stroke level on stress from TV and Facebook with all the political-Covid memes and commercials. So today, I plan on going cold turkey off Facebook and to DVR my favorites shows, even Jeopardy, so I can fast forward through commercials or watch non advertisement driven television. That, coupled with the fact that our company looks to have received one of the Small Business PPP loans and we should be back to full strength on Monday is good for my soul and mental/physical health. I have to stop letting things get to me that I can control with the push of a button. Now, If I could just get myself to go for a walk!

QOTD: hard boiled or poached.

Menu:

B: coffee, half chocolate pp drink, 1/3 cup cottage cheese w/ 1/3 scoop chocolate protein powder (took me 3 hours to accomplish this)

L: 3P protein pack

D: slow roasted pork shoulder, 1/4 corn on cob

S: if needed, 1/2 oz beef jerky

I'm doing pretty well with fluids and hanging out just below my goal weight.

Peace everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Melody P.
on 5/6/20 11:13 am, edited 5/6/20 4:24 am - Amarillo, TX

Good afternoon menu friends.

what a day yesterday(and today) has been. The insurance hasn?t received the appeal yet so I freaked out, after all that?s what I do best! LOL. I talked to the doctors office and they said they had mailed it in through snail mail. Ugh! I?m not sure what I really think as I?m not sure I believe either place. I have to have some sort of faith. Hopefully it?s because of the covid-19 stuff slowing it down and not incompetent people. I see my pain management NP tomorrow on video chat. I?m not sure there is much more she can prescribe me that?d help. I?m tired. I?m hurting. Same ol same ol.

even though yesterday was crazy I had to do a Walmart run. They had super fun bags that were hard to open in self checkout. Then I had to wait ten minutes for them to make sure the hummus I bought rung up right. I was about to blow my top. My mom?s back is still pretty bad so it?s all on me. I?m hurting right now but at least I got some walking in.

food was pretty good yesterday. The only bad thing I had was a coffee nip candy. I?ll prob have another one of those today as they don?t give me heart burn.

b:oats, sf syrup and a reduced fat cheese stick

s:1 tbs hummus & 4 crackers

l:half a frozen meal(it did NOT sit well) protein waffle 1 tbs sf syrup

s:100 calorie baggie of cashews and 100 calorie bag of popcorn after dinner

d:repeat of last night, 2ozs top round roast, 3 small Yukon potatoes and 10 baby carrots. I really did a good job making it yesterday...the meat was tender and moist.

will likely add a pp shake in there.

Melody P.
on 5/6/20 11:19 am - Amarillo, TX

Oops...

qotd:I like em scrambled with either dill pickle juice or dill mustard. Well that was before WLS. Now I usually have scrambled with a bit of cheese and garlic pepper. I usually get sick of em rather quickly. Though I will say this...eggs Benedict, I'd always make way for those lol

growing up my grandparents made the best fried egg sandwiches! Miracle whip, cheese and buttered toast. My kind of comfort food. Oh and my grandpa's egg burritos were soooo good.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 383 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 14 replies · 65 views
Recent Topics