What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 5/7/20 10:24 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Such a bummer about the restaurant.

An old coworker of mine has been engaged for 2 years and one of the reasons why was because they have a storybook wedding venue (somewhere up in NH) that they had to wait years to book, and they've just gone under, too... I love her to bits, but I can only imagine the bridezilla tantrum she had when she found out.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/7/20 10:52 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I've used compression bags for packing clothing; they make ones that you roll instead of needing a vacuum and they work pretty well. If you make sure the clothing is nice and flat when it goes in the bag, it doesn't get too wrinkly!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Partlypollyanna
on 5/7/20 2:46 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I roll and use compression bags, as long as you don't over stuff (which I do!), wrinkles aren't horrible. (Frame of reference, I don't own an iron -- i throw things back in the dryer/hang in the bathroom while I shower) so I'm not over sensitive to wrinkles (at least not the ones in my clothes...very sensitive to the ones on my forehead, lol)

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/8/20 4:35 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I don't use an iron either, though I have a small steamer that I use only if I have to and I also use the dryer a lot for wrinkle removal. But I don't care if the clothes in the box get wrinkled (though hopefully not too badly) - I really just want to maximize what I can stuff in.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

supershopper
on 5/7/20 5:52 am

I also didn't sleep last night. Must have been something in the air. Yesterday ran a few errands then we got chicken Wings.
Other than the added fat and salt from wings

So food for today-

b: protein French toast

s: protein bar

l: unsure will be out

d: leftover roast or meatballs

qotd: bread, waffles, waffle cones, anything deep fried,

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Melody P.
on 5/7/20 5:58 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Thursday morning menu friends!

what a night last night was. Ate fairly well. Then out of nowhere I threw up...twice. I had taken my nightly meds & vitamins about 40 minutes prior with a tbs of almond butter. It left my throat on absolute fire. It was so bitter from the meds. Just yuck... I ate well yesterday not great(almond butter for example) but ok I thought. Woke up to find I lost three pounds. I'll take it.

qotd:hmmmm i'm not sure on this one. I thought the cheese danishes smelled awful but they are indeed tasty. That's as close as I've got right now,

I'm in a lot of pain right now so I'm gonna lay down for a wee bit.

b:oatmeal with half & half

s:PP shake

l:stew made from the roast and veggies

s:100 calorie pack of cashews

d:??? Thinking boneless chicken wings but it might be cabbage

have a great day everyone!

Queen JB
on 5/7/20 10:26 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hope you feel better--that sounds awful!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 5/7/20 6:14 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thank you!

I ended up throwing up twice tonight too. I had one bite of my mom's dinner and pretty much had a dumping episode. I haven't felt that bad in a long time. It was sort of like hamburger helper. No more. I think I'm going to do a soft food diet tomorrow and maybe Saturday.

Christina135
on 5/7/20 6:08 am

Good morning, happy Friday Eve!

QOTD - I would have to say that when I cook for my husband, I can "appreciate" the smell of bacon. I don't eat it, but it does smell good.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee, and lots of cold topo chico. I love topo chico!

Lunch - Chickpea "tuna" salad. Crackers. Cottage cheese with some strawberry chia jelly

Snack - fruit smoothie. Frozen frui****er, oat milk, hemp seed protein and chia seed

Dinner - I didn't get pizza last night dang it. Maybe today?

Have a great day everyone!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Emiepie
on 5/7/20 6:31 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and Happy Friday-Eve! JB- I hope today is better! I did get approval to take off a few hours early today and have tomorrow off- hoping for a nice long weekend. I have a few things I've got to complete this morning and then will get that computer turned off. I am not even going to set an alarm for the morning (which I hardly ever do) so I might not be on tomorrow. Oh-Em-Gee.... so we have this ice cream type truck called Kona Ice (shaved ice) that usually goes by the elementary schools on some sort of schedule and since kids aren't going to school they have been going through neighborhoods now. Well, Emily has loved it forever and Wednesday's it comes down our street and I finally talked to the owner and found out their SF syrup is made with Splenda so no alcohols!! I finally tried Kona Ice... it was yummy and fun.

Accountability: On plan

QOTD: Brussel sprouts that my hubby grills, all sorts of butter and garlic so smells so good but yeah no... I don't like them. Oh and same for asparagus.

oohhh, almost forgot to add.... I got a new (to me) elliptical delivered last night!!

TSS: 5 years 8 months

B: SF latte, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Chaffle and carbmaster yogurt

D: Boars head turkey wraps, toasted low carb flatbread, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: low carb pita with SF jelly and cream cheese, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: mixture of walking/jogging on the treadmill and elliptical for about two hours.

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1471 Protein:132 Carbs:129 Fat:56

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 213 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views
Recent Topics