What's on your (PHOTO FRIDAY) Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 5/8/20 1:54 am
RNY on 07/20/15

IT'S FRIDAY! I am not 100% sure what I am excited about, but this week has really dragged for me, so I am hoping to find something joyful about my time away from work. I hope to execute on a lot more craft projects this weekend and if anything comes out nice, I might sneak over to my mom's house to drop something off on her doorstep for a Mother's Day surprise :)

I think I am feeling better! I was so unsure for the last few days if I was coming down with a cold or if I was just low-key depressed and bored... But for those of you have have pointed at allergies as the possible culprits of my ongoing colds--you might be right! I have been so tired, plus had a few bouts of my eyes watering terribly yesterday, on and off headaches, and overall malaise. But literally at 7pm last night, it lifted like a fog clearing. So I know it wasn't just mood related, anymore! Hoping it stays away today--I have a very busy and intense day at work.I've got a big project to present on today and my team member hasn't sent me her part, so I am walking in blind and unprepared. I am the "I" in team, apparently!

My first pic is of a new shirt I got in the mail that just made me laugh.

Second is my masked face. I have a collection of masks--some homemade but this is a purchased one. The mask says "Donut Worry" but it's a little hard to read the "worry" part... so I look like I am walking around as a advertisement for donuts, haha.

Accountability: Stayed on plan but ate a few of Grim's baked goods. No exercise--too blah to move.

QOTD: Have you been searching for the perfect "something" to buy that you just can't find?

This is a dumb one, but I have recently been searching through billions of SVG Files for a perfect ampersand (&) shape and I can't find one that is perfect for the project I am making.

I am also looking for a good, sturdy, adjustable side table that slides under the sofa to use as a place to keep my computer for zoom meetings. I have a plastic one that is the right height, but when the cats jump on, it feels like the whole thing is going to collapse.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Erin T.
on 5/8/20 3:45 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I only have one meeting at work today and some of my project milestones will need to wait until next week, so I probably am going to work on my final paper for class. This will be my last assignment but then I start a "Maymester" course on Monday that's a full course in only 2 weeks. Then I'm taking two courses over Summer Session I and one course over Summer Session II. The course in session II is a "PE" course called Fitness Walking. I'll be interested to see what's actually required for it. As an online student I think it's stupid they have two PE courses required for the degree. I asked my advisor if I could submit for an independent study or waive a course based on my half marathon training. I worked with a coach and have really great tracking of all the runs I did and my race, but he said I can't. The other PE course that's offered online is called "Health & Wellness" and I'm hoping soon to be able to get into it. It's always full! I'll be mad if my degree is held up for a 1 credit hour PE course when I've lost 150lbs, partially due to working out.

QOTD: I want to do a diamond painting. But, I can't find a good one that's not either more expensive than I want to spend, from a bogus website I don't want to order from, or that isn't a month out for delivery on Amazon.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x2
  • Eggs, Cheese, Avocado
  • Turkey, Cheese, Pickles
  • It's takeout night, so I'll have pizza

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

NYMom222
on 5/8/20 4:43 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I know I could Google it, but what is a diamond painting?

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Erin T.
on 5/8/20 4:48 am
VSG on 01/17/17

It's pretty much a paint by number, but instead of paint you use tiny little gems and a specific tool to apply them.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

catwoman7
on 5/8/20 8:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'd never heard of that until now, either. I googled some images - they look great - but I'm not sure if i'd have the patience to do that. It'd be a great activity to do while we're locked down, though!

Queen JB
on 5/8/20 4:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ah that's nuts about the PE class. I hope you get in quickly!

I saw a really cool diamond painting kit at a little independent craft store over a year ago and totally regret not buying it. I haven't seen once I liked as well since then!

Melody P.
on 5/8/20 5:39 am - Amarillo, TX

I saw one of those kits at Walmart that was actually very cute. I've wanted to do one too but my cats being demons it worries me.

MadisonRose
on 5/8/20 4:03 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all and happy Friday! So I didn't really stick to plan exactly yesterday. After my eye doctors appointment I decided to visit my parents since it was still early and I was done with work for the day. It was so nice outside so we sat outside and chatted for hours. Of course my mom insisted I stay and eat dinner as she was cooking a big pot roast. She takes offense if I tell her no so I just ate a little of the meat and carrots and no potatoes. However, I wasn't able to weigh my food so I'm sure I went over as I don't trust my eyeballing one bit. Oh well, back on track today.

QOTD: Can't think of one specific thing right now, but I am always looking for the perfect something it seems. It has to be just right and sometimes it can take me forever to find just what I'm looking for.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: 2 oz low sodium turkey breast and a hard boiled egg

D: 4 oz baked chicken breast and broccoli

S: L&F yogurt and a banana

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Queen JB
on 5/8/20 4:49 am
RNY on 07/20/15

My mom is a food pusher, too, and totally has a "food is love" attitude. I can navigate it okay, but its interesting to watch her try to feed/please Grim sometimes.

NYMom222
on 5/8/20 5:11 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Do not be hard on yourself- navigating life is part of learning to be successful long term. Planning is a great thing but Everyday will not go as planned. And that is OK.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 503 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 417 views