What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 5/13/20 1:02 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I have never been much of a cook, but I want to be, so for while I kept convincing myself that I was just one perfect appliance away from being a master chef and I was unwittingly collecting every appliance. Seriously! From a dehydrator to a juicer, spiralizer, cuisinart, KitchenAid mixer, panini maker, bread maker, InstaPot etc etc etc. I had it all. I got rid of 99% of it when I moved in with Grim and it is very freeing to admit I am never going to like cooking and just be done with it all...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 5/13/20 6:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Hi Everyone!

drive-by for now because I have to throw on some clothes and head over to friend's house (the one who had her hip replaced)

accountability was good yesterday. Trying to minimize the breath mint eating and increasing my walking distance/intensity to get this weight moving in the right direction. Down a half lb this morning. YAY!

QOTD: nothing. I have WAY too much stuff and want to get RID of it!!! I'm also cognizant of the fact that in 10 or 15 years we'll probably move into a condo (or if we start having health issues, a senior continuous care community), so we're going to have to pitch half our crap or it'll never fit into a smaller space!

TSS: 4y11m

B: two things of Greek yogurt, coffee with half & half

S1: protein shake

L: half a Beyond Burger on a skinny bun with light Thousand Island and lettuce. Maybe some strawberry compote with light Cool Whip

S2: yogurt pie

D: 2 oz spaghetti with homemade marinara sauce and four Aldi's "meatless meatballs" (these aren't bad!!!)

ex: walking!

have a great day, all!

Sheila_H
on 5/13/20 7:04 am, edited 5/13/20 12:10 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning everybody!

Have you heard in the news about Cal State colleges? Needless to say we are all depressed. DS's college in the fall is SDSU which is part of cal state. I'm just worried he will not stay engaged being home and doing classes online only. But we don't have any other choices, other colleges in CA might follow suit. So he'll be home at least through Xmas, oh joy! A friend of mine texted me when she saw the news and said she doesn't even wanna tell her husband or son. I guess the two have been clashing a lot since the shelter in. She said the situation would get out of hand if both of them realized there is no out by the end of the summer. One way or another we are all feeling the long shelter-in consequences.

QOTD: I'm not a collecting type. I hate clutter and always argue with DH when he wants to get more stuff. I like clean uncluttered surfaces. Even if I had a separate room to collect anything I would still feel the shelves would be cluttered. I know, not a drop of creativity in me.

Edit : never mind. After reading madisonrose's post I realized I'm willing to collect one thing. PURSES!!! My husband already makes fun of me that my 401K is in my purses.

My meals yesterday:

• B: protein coffee
  • L: shredded pork + string cheese
  • S: home made apple pie (I think my friend is trying to fatten me up. She shows up at my door with all kinds of yummy stuff)
  • D: taco Tuesday, I ate the innings
  • E: 25 min cardio+ 45 min weight training

Can't believe a slice of apple pie is 16 pts on WW! My whole day is 16 pts!!! To be honest I can easily survive on the zero pts foods, what gets me is one cookie or any kind of snack.

Happy hump day!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/13/20 10:16 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

That is tough for the kids and their families! I do remember how much we are ALL ready for them to go at that point (even though we miss them like crazy). I used to think that they intentionally drove us nuts so we could let them go.

Homemade apple pie. I bet it was worth those points!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Sheila_H
on 5/13/20 4:53 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Totally.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Queen JB
on 5/13/20 1:05 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Ugh I am so sorry for him (and you).

I was an actual nightmare of a human the spring/summer before I left for college and I think my parents would have shown me out the window if this had happened when I was a senior.

Teenie
on 5/13/20 7:06 am, edited 5/13/20 12:06 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

Running a little late today I had to stop back at target this morning because I self checked out and I scanned an item 2x yesterday and did not realize till I got home and I had to return shoes that were cute but were a bit to high for my age. Target is very good at returns and gave me no issues with the double scan.

I also took a big chunk out of my finger last night while chopping onions for my meatloaf. I am not happy about it at all. I had to use a tweezer to pull up the flap o skin and cut it off this morning. Go**** bled very badly but I know in the long run it will heal faster with the skin gone.

Tonight is Survivor Finally. I do have to say this has been one of the greatest seasons ever. I only missed one season in the 40 seasons it has run.

QOTD: Purses. I have a few old Bakelite and Lucite ones from the 50's and 60's Ill never use them. I used to display them and I always wanted a home with a huge bay window to put them in and put plants in them but is has never worked out like I envisioned.

Accountability: I thought I did well but the scale said different. Probably too much of the Home made blue cheese dressing but it's sooo good. I did get my run in last night so at least I got that.

TSS: 2 years 5 Month 2 day 136 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato w/Miralax and Fiber

MS: Oikos Salted Caramel triple zero Greek yogurt, fresh strawberry's and maybe an elevation low carb bar if needed .

CB2: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato

L: poached lobster tail, celery, home made blue cheese dressing.

D: French onion meatloaf and stuffed mushrooms

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been good. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day. And I have now added 500mg of Magnesium

Exercise: 3 mile run weather permitting.

Everybody have a Great day.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 5/13/20 11:16 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Take care of that finger.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 5/13/20 7:54 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I'm glad you found the pyramids! I looked at my iFit calendar and I realized I've got 36 scheduled options (I had loaded my May plan and then signed up for a bunch in the New Zealand trekking series). It's good motivation to be able to check them off! I did half of the Niagara Falls 10k this morning, very pretty and green!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 5/13/20 1:08 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

It has always been my dream to run the Boston Marathon, so it's totally my goal to do it on here in 4 parts, now. I am so excited that I found it. I will probably have to go a lot slower, but I am so excited, anyway. Got to get all the way through Portugal and Spain first though!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?